The Host Lovers ♥ discussion

Movie > Official Movie Cast

Comments (showing 1-34 of 34) (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (Bookfever) ♥Adrian Ivashkov♥, Loves Ian O'Shea ♥ (last edited Jul 24, 2012 10:44AM) (new)

Stephanie (Bookfever) ♥Adrian Ivashkov♥ (bookfever) | 2163 comments Mod
Diana Kruger as The Seeker
Saoirse Ronan as Melanie Stryder
Jake Abel as Ian O'Shea
William Hurt as Jeb Stryder
Max Irons as Jared Howe
Chandler Canterbury as Jamie Stryder
Boyd Holbrook as Kyle O'Shea
Scott Lawrence as Doc

What do you all think??

message 2: by saga (new)

saga (iyagi) I'm okay with it. Saoirse could have been older, that would be nice, but I'm fine with it.

message 3: by Stephanie (Bookfever) ♥Adrian Ivashkov♥, Loves Ian O'Shea ♥ (new)

At first I didn't really like the cast but now that I've gotten used to the idea I'm excited :D wuhu!

message 4: by saga (new)

saga (iyagi) 'That's yay Stephii!

message 5: by Stephanie (Bookfever) ♥Adrian Ivashkov♥, Loves Ian O'Shea ♥ (new)

Yay indeed!

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 4 comments Oy, I don't know what I think about this. The only one even close to how I pictured the cast is William Hurt for Jeb. To me it almost seems like the whole cast has the wrong color of hair then the person they are supposed to be playing! And it seems some of them look younger then there character. I'm really kinda disappointed.

message 7: by Stephanie (Bookfever) ♥Adrian Ivashkov♥, Loves Ian O'Shea ♥ (new)

They can change the hair color, they always do that in movies :P
I saw Jake Abel in grey's anatomy and he was pretty good. Now I'm totally convinced and him and Max are pumping up for the role ^^ Nice!

message 8: by saga (new)

saga (iyagi) I love Max!

message 9: by Stephanie (Bookfever) ♥Adrian Ivashkov♥, Loves Ian O'Shea ♥ (new)

He's great isn't he? :D

message 10: by saga (new)

saga (iyagi) I did totally go for Shiloh in Red Riding Hood but I still loved Max in it, he was super cute!

message 11: by Stephanie (Bookfever) ♥Adrian Ivashkov♥, Loves Ian O'Shea ♥ (new)

Everyone went for Shiloh xD Me and my friend kept sighing *oh Peter* after Red Riding Hood :P

message 12: by saga (new)

saga (iyagi) Shiloh is just so HOT, I get the *oh Peter* thing, I think I did that xD

message 13: by Stephanie (Bookfever) ♥Adrian Ivashkov♥, Loves Ian O'Shea ♥ (new)

But yes Max is cute. He'll make a great Jared.

message 14: by saga (new)

saga (iyagi) He will, I bet he's going to be hot like him.

message 15: by Stephanie (Bookfever) ♥Adrian Ivashkov♥, Loves Ian O'Shea ♥ (new)

xD

message 16: by Bahar (new)

Bahar | 80 comments Stephnie wrote: "At first I didn't really like the cast but now that I've gotten used to the idea I'm excited"

I hope I get excited soon enough too.. I'm not liking the cast too much either at the moment :((
Specially Jamie and Jeb's cast :(
Chandler Canterbury looks.. Idk, kinda too childish.. I expected someone a little older.. And William Hurt just does't seem like Jeb :((

message 17: by Stephanie (Bookfever) ♥Adrian Ivashkov♥, Loves Ian O'Shea ♥ (new)

Bahar wrote: "Stephnie wrote: "At first I didn't really like the cast but now that I've gotten used to the idea I'm excited"

I hope I get excited soon enough too.. I'm not liking the cast too much either at the..."

Yeah Chandler looks way younger than he actually is. I think he's about 14. If I remember correctly and Jeb... I'm not too excited about him either. too bad.

message 18: by Bahar (new)

Bahar | 80 comments Yeahh, too bad.. I just hope they act like, really good and prove to be the best Jeb and Jamie ever..:P As in, they should be good enough so we won't dream of anyone else taking their place.. I want The Host movie to be just.. Perfect!

.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Tomas Vrbada Like Woe × ¨*: (Amethyst_Angel) | 13 comments http://www.thehostmovienews.com/2012/...

Fords Deep Water, Brandt, Wes and Lily have been cast!

http://thehosters.net/2012/05/14/raed...

Wes and Lily confirmed here.

message 21: by Stephanie (Bookfever) ♥Adrian Ivashkov♥, Loves Ian O'Shea ♥ (new)

Cool.

.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Tomas Vrbada Like Woe × ¨*: (Amethyst_Angel) | 13 comments Don't get TOO overexcited XD Lol

message 23: by Stephanie (Bookfever) ♥Adrian Ivashkov♥, Loves Ian O'Shea ♥ (new)

Inside I am screaming from delight. xD Sorry a little tired. I need to sleep soon.

message 24: by Julie (new)

Julie Baarda Reisinger | 1 comments http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1517260/f...
thats all the actors that have been cast as in today 7/24/12

message 25: by Emily (new)

Emily (emily1104) | 24 comments I got to say I'm not exactly thrilled with the casting of Ian and Jared. They aren't exactly what I pictured in my head at all... Melanie's alright I guess but idk about everyone else. I just didn't picture them like that.. But isn't that how it always is? When u lie a book so much that when they make it into a movie ur constantly picking out the little things that bother u. Oh I'm still pretty siked for the movie :D

message 26: by Emily (new)

Emily (emily1104) | 24 comments Jessica wrote: "Oy, I don't know what I think about this. The only one even close to how I pictured the cast is William Hurt for Jeb. To me it almost seems like the whole cast has the wrong color of hair then the ..."

i really agree... i didnt imagine really any of them like how they are being cast. i hope they do a good job with this movie and dont mess it up

message 28: by Emily (new)

Emily (emily1104) | 24 comments .·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Casshern Like Woe × ¨*:·. wrote: "Nate has been cast.

http://www.thehostmovienews.com/2012/..."

not how i pictured him but its ok :)

message 29: by Emily (new)

Emily (emily1104) | 24 comments you know who wldve been perfect for ian? ian somerhalder! they have the same name and everything!

.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Tomas Vrbada Like Woe × ¨*: (Amethyst_Angel) | 13 comments Emily wrote: "you know who wldve been perfect for ian? ian somerhalder! they have the same name and everything!"

He did audition but since he looks too old with Saoirse as Mel, I guess they decided to have someone else.

message 31: by Christina (new)

Christina (DailyGeofffix) | 856 comments Mod
It's stupid. In twilight they get people in their 20's or close to play teenager and now they actually have a character in her 20's and they get a freaking small teen actor to play her. Ugh! and don't even get me started about Ian -.-
Movie is coming out soon and I really don't wanna watch it. Scared that it will ruin the whole book for me because of the poor job they did on it. I thought it would be good cause Meyer was actually in on the movie, but no. Maybe next time she should just stay the fuck away and go write some books instead.

message 32: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 1 comments I don't like the cast either. I don't like the guy they choose for Ian. In the book though he was my favorite charcter so that is messed up. Saoirse looks really too young to played Mel, I know she was younger than Jared but that it just so wrong. I just hope that the movie will not ruin the book.

message 33: by Emily (new)

Emily (emily1104) | 24 comments Joanna wrote: "I don't like the cast either. I don't like the guy they choose for Ian. In the book though he was my favorite charcter so that is messed up. Saoirse looks really too young to played Mel, I know she..."

ya im also afraid to watch the movie, i really hope they at least followed the book a little bit... like in the trailer she jumps out of a window instead of down an elevator shaft so thats already one thing thats different and the characters dont look anything like how they are described so if they mess up this movie im going to be so upset!!

message 34: by Irma!!! (new)

Irma!!! | 6 comments I watched the movie and it actually wasn't that bad!! I mean they obviously took some parts out or the movie would have been too long! They went according to the movie and to e honest Ian and Jared in the movie aren't that bad!! Besides to be honest they looked very hot and in the book the author actually barely ever mentioned on how hot the guys are!! Or did she?

unread topics | mark unread