The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

125 views
TASK HELP Spring 2012 > 15.4 - ABC’s, 123’s ......

Comments (showing 1-50 of 51) (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kristina Simon (last edited Feb 17, 2012 09:13PM) (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
15.4 - ABC’s, 123’s ......
Read TWO books -- one that has a word in the title/subtitle that starts with the letter A, B or C and a second book with a number in the title/subtitle. Example: Cinder and Ten Things We Did; A is for Alibi and The First Wives Club
OR
Read ONE book that has a number and a word that starts with A, B, or C in its title/subtitle. Examples: 2nd Chance, 13 Little Blue Envelopes, Two Little Girls in Blue


message 2: by Kristina Simon (last edited Feb 18, 2012 06:36PM) (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
These will work:
Ordinal (1, 2, 3, etc) and cardinal (1st, 2nd, 3rd,etc.) numbers in numerical form or spelled out.


message 3: by Kristina Simon (last edited Feb 18, 2012 06:37PM) (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
These won't work:
Variations of numbers - Ex: Once Bitten, Twice Shy


message 4: by Bea (new)

Bea | 1767 comments Would The Eleventh Commandment count for one book?


message 5: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
Bea wrote: "Would The Eleventh Commandment count for one book?"

Yes, that works for ONE book.


message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam | 175 comments Would The Angel at No. 33 work for the one book option?


message 7: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 832 comments Just want to check At First Sight?


message 8: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
The Angel at No. 33 and At First Sight will both work for the ONE book option.


message 9: by Bea (new)

Bea | 1767 comments Kristi (Passion for the Page) wrote: "Bea wrote: "Would The Eleventh Commandment count for one book?"

Yes, that works for ONE book."


Yippee!


message 10: by Mrs.soule (last edited Feb 18, 2012 01:37PM) (new)

Mrs.soule (Mrssoule) | 696 comments What about the number variations "once" and "twice"? I'm hoping to use Once Bitten, Twice Shy for the one book option.


message 11: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (Readerann) | 363 comments Am going to read:

The Tenth Circle


message 12: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
Mrs.soule wrote: "What about the number variations "once" and "twice"? I'm hoping to use Once Bitten, Twice Shy for the one book option."

No, sorry, only cardinal and ordinal numbers for this one.


message 13: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
Ann A wrote: "Am going to read:

The Tenth Circle"


That'll work for the ONE book option ;-).


message 14: by Sassafrass (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 886 comments All the examples have the number first and the word after, does that matter? Can I read Becoming Three for the one book option?


message 15: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
Sassafrass wrote: "All the examples have the number first and the word after, does that matter? Can I read Becoming Three for the one book option?"

That works for the ONE book option. The order doesn't matter. I guess there are just more examples of the number coming first! ;-)


message 17: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
Kathy G. wrote: "This counts for one book?

Where the Red Fern Grows: The Story of Two Dogs and a Boy"


Yes, that counts for ONE book.


message 18: by Kate (new)

Kate | 315 comments Does the A,B,C word have to be an important word in the title? Specifically, I'm wondering if I am Number Four would be acceptable using "am" as the "a" word.


message 19: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
Kate wrote: "Does the A,B,C word have to be an important word in the title? Specifically, I'm wondering if I am Number Four would be acceptable using "am" as the "a" word."

It can be any word. I am Number Four works.


message 20: by JennRenee (new)

JennRenee (JennReneeRead) | 1005 comments does A Million Suns work for the ABC part?


message 21: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
JennRenee wrote: "does A Million Suns work for the ABC part?"

Yes, that would work for the ONE book option.


message 22: by April (new)


message 23: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
April wrote: "Then The Titled Americans: Three American Sisters and the British Aristocratic World into Which They Married should work? Eventhough the word Three is in the subtitle?"

Correct. That would work for the ONE book option.


message 24: by Rebecca T (new)

Rebecca T (thebookhangover) | 46 comments Would Two Kisses for Maddy: A Memoir of Loss and Love would for the one book option?


message 25: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
Rebecca T wrote: "Would Two Kisses for Maddy: A Memoir of Loss and Love would for the one book option?"

Yes it would.


message 26: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 822 comments So Fifth Business will work for one book?


message 27: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
BJ Rose wrote: "So Fifth Business will work for one book?"

It certainly will.


message 28: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 207 comments I assume this will work for one book, but since I'm new just want to double check - 703: How I Lost More Than a Quarter Ton and Gained a Life. Thx.


message 29: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
Suzanne wrote: "I assume this will work for one book, but since I'm new just want to double check - 703: How I Lost More Than a Quarter Ton and Gained a Life. Thx."

Yes, that will work for the ONE book option.


message 30: by Anne (Booklady) (last edited Feb 29, 2012 09:42PM) (new)

Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo (wwwgoodreadscomAnneMolinarolo) | 745 comments Hi!
Will Carry the One work for one book option?


message 31: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
Anne (Booklady) wrote: "Hi!
Will Carry the One work for one book option?"


Yes, it works for the ONE book option.


message 32: by Helen (new)

Helen Southall (Hsouthall) | 359 comments Here are two books that are my candidates for this task. Either one should count for the ONE book option. Correct?

A Thousand Acres
One Across, Two Down


message 33: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
Helen wrote: "Here are two books that are my candidates for this task. Either one should count for the ONE book option. Correct?

A Thousand Acres
One Across, Two Down"


Correct.


message 34: by Lahni (new)

Lahni | 314 comments I'm hoping A Tale of Two Cities will work for the 1 book option.


message 35: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
Lahni wrote: "I'm hoping A Tale of Two Cities will work for the 1 book option."

It sure will.


message 36: by EstaAmeliaR (new)

EstaAmeliaR  (Estame) Would this work for the second option? Read ONE book that has a number and a word that starts with A, B, or C in its title/subtitle

2:46: Aftershocks: Stories from the Japan Earthquake


message 37: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
ღEstaღ wrote: "Would this work for the second option? Read ONE book that has a number and a word that starts with A, B, or C in its title/subtitle

[book:2:46: Aftershocks: Stories from the Japan Earthquake|1108..."


Sorry, Esta. The title works, but the book doesn't fit the general rules of the challenge. The paperback is only 95 pages long and all books read for the SRC must be at least 100 pages long with one exception: One book between 80 -100 pages may be used for one 5 point task.


message 38: by EstaAmeliaR (new)

EstaAmeliaR  (Estame) Kristi (Passion for the Page) wrote: "ღEstaღ wrote: "Would this work for the second option? Read ONE book that has a number and a word that starts with A, B, or C in its title/subtitle

[book:2:46: Aftershocks: Stories from the Japan ..."


How silly of me, I should have spotted that, sorry for taking your time up!


message 39: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
ღEstaღ wrote: "How silly of me, I should have spotted that, sorry for taking your time up!"

No problem. There are a lot of rules to keep straight. ;-)


message 40: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 553 comments Would At Swim-Two-Birds work despite the hyphens?


message 41: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (MoragEpona) | 124 comments Would The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner work for the One Book Option?


message 42: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 4904 comments probably not, but does Zero work as in The Zero Knot


message 43: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
Rosemary wrote: "Would At Swim-Two-Birds work despite the hyphens?"

Yes, that'll work. The hyphens don't matter (to me, anyway ;-)).


message 44: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
Sarah wrote: "Would The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner work for the One Book Option?"

Yes that works for ONE book.


message 45: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
Dee wrote: "probably not, but does Zero work as in The Zero Knot"

Zero's a number. I'm fine with that, you'd just need to put it together with a book that has a word in the title/subtitle that starts with the letter A, B or C for the TWO book option.


message 46: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 4904 comments yep, i have a B book, I was just asking because I had a toss up between 2 books for another challenge, one had Zero in the title, the other had one and I was debating on which to go with


message 47: by Nicola (new)

Nicola | 173 comments It can be any number right - not just 1,2, or 3? I was thinking of reading Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes (A Rose Gardner Mystery #1) by Denise Grover Swank


message 48: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (PassionforthePage) | 6535 comments Mod
Nicola wrote: "It can be any number right - not just 1,2, or 3? I was thinking of reading Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes (A Rose Gardner Mystery #1) by Denise Grover Swank"

Yep, any number. Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes works.


message 49: by Nicola (new)

Nicola | 173 comments Kristi (Passion for the Page) wrote: "Nicola wrote: "It can be any number right - not just 1,2, or 3? I was thinking of reading Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes (A Rose Gardner Mystery #1) by Denise Grover Swank"

Yep, any number. [book:Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishe..."


Thanks!


message 50: by Nicola (new)

Nicola | 173 comments Would Second Time Around work for the one book option?


« previous 1
back to top

unread topics | mark unread


Books mentioned in this topic

13 Little Blue Envelopes (other topics)
2nd Chance (other topics)
Ten Things We Did (other topics)
The First Wives Club (other topics)
A is for Alibi (other topics)
More...