Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Stone's Kiss (The Avatars, #1)
This topic is about Stone's Kiss
Book Issues > I'm new and need help.

Comments (showing 1-8)    post a comment »
dateUp arrow    newest »

message 8: by Scott (new)

Scott | 1036 comments Ah, I didn't realize she wasn't a librarian either.

message 7: by Hc (new)

Hc Lynn | 38 comments Oops, that's what you get for assuming librarian status :) thanks rivka

message 6: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Blackwood | 3 comments Thanks again! It's working.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Feb 16, 2012 05:58PM) (new)

rivka | 23374 comments Mod
HC, Scott, only librarians can do combines.

Lisa, you didn't do anything wrong. After creating a new edition, a librarian has to combine them.

message 4: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Blackwood | 3 comments Thanks,

I'll go have a look

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott | 1036 comments Got it for you.

For anything like this, you just have to click on "combine" in the upper right of the book page, and it will ask you which works to combine. Just be sure that they are actually identical works (if you're working on someone else's records; obviously you are familiar with your own work!)

message 2: by Hc (new)

Hc Lynn | 38 comments If you are on the detail page of one of them you should see COMBINE to the right (almost across from the cover) hit it and see if you have 2 listings.. make sure both are the books in question then check mark them and hit the combine button and they will be linked

message 1: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Blackwood | 3 comments Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone with more brain cells than me will be able to help. My novel Stone's Kiss just came out in paperback and I was trying to add the new edition (paperback ISBN 1466327715) to the epub edition (ASIN B006EAMITG) so there wouldn't be two records, but I must have done something wrong because it now lists two distinct works. ::sighes:: For shame, my day job is a librarian. One would think I could figure this out. Nope. LOL.

unread topics | mark unread