Dickens! Mwah! discussion

I bet you're all jealous

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Natalie | 19 comments Mod
Just thought I should brag. My apartment is about 45 seconds away from the only full-size statue of Charles Dickens in the world. :) He's sitting on a high wooden chair, his finger stroking his pensive jaw, while Little Nell looks up at him.

It's pretty great. :)

Susan (boswellbaxter) | 7 comments Is that the one in Philadelphia?

Emily | 3 comments I am jealous.

Sophia | 3 comments lol i forgot i had an account on here. I've converted to the evil Librarything.com!!

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) Wow, how neat, we have statues of Queen Liliuokalani, Duke Kahanamoku, and I think at one time we were going to get one of Elvis Presley.

Leslie (lesslie) Oh you should post a picture for us!

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) If I only knew how, I guess you could go on google and find the statues, they are amazing. I forgot to add we also have a statue of Father Damien, who became a saint because of his work on Molokai with leprosy patients.

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) Also look up in google Hawaii for Visitors and also look for the Queen Liliuokalani Statue.

Leslie (lesslie) I'll post a picture of it for you. Just tell me what city it's in so I can find it.

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) Honolulu, Hawaii

Okay, I added the Dickens statue, from Philly. It's seriously beautiful, especially since it's often surrounded by West African immigrants hosting a drum circle, and little kids dancing to their music.

Btw, did I mention that it's the most amazing neighborhood EVER?

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) Now you have.

Gary | 21 comments Post a pic, Natalie? And yes, I am jealous! I really need to make a trip to Philly! See all the historical stuff too. I loved Boston, drove there not one, but two weekends to see the sights!

Gary, I did post a pic, but I don't know how to put it here in this thread. So it's on the general group page. :)

Gary | 21 comments Ok, Natalie, guidance please on finding that posted pic? I can't seem to find it? *Sigh*

If you scroll to the top of the page, you'll see a list of options on the right hand side of the page. One of those says "photos", and it's in there.

You sound like you need as much help navigating this site as I do!

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) You two aren't the only ones.

unread topics | mark unread