Syrup Syrup question

Is this book any good????
Nicole Steffenhagen Nicole Feb 16, 2012 09:03AM
I want to read tell if you like it

John (last edited Feb 23, 2012 07:37AM ) Feb 23, 2012 07:35AM   0 votes
This book is funny, edgy, and sexy. It portrays the epitome of the "American" lifestyle and tendency for perversely skewed values. I recommend this to all of the smart-asses of the world. Barry never fails to make me (literally) laugh out loud.

I was drawn to Barry with Jennifer Government, and it was so good I went out and bought Syrup (and Company) the day I finished it.

While Syrup is not as good as Jennifer Government or his latest, Machine Man (which I'd rate as just barely behind Jennifer Government) it is uniquely appealing because of it's humor. Barry is not a comedy writer, but his knack for irony is supreme, and Syrup is probably his best display of that.

Two words for anyone considering reading this novel: Fukk Cola. That is all.

Eh, I don't think it was his best work, honestly. I reviewed it at my blog and I think I probably gave it a 3 star review. I found the characters a little boring and static; his other works are better.

John Paz Oh there is no doubt his other works are better. I'd agree with that. But this book is marvelously simplistic. As a fairly recent college grad who rea ...more
Mar 29, 2012 09:30AM

If you are interesting in advertising it's worthwhile to take a look at it. Also recommend Ogilvy's Confessions of an Advertising Man. This book also describes some of what Los Angeles lifestyle but it's a beet exaggerated in my opinion.

I also liked this book. I thought it was quite clever, and pretty funny.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Syrup (other topics)