Addicted to YA discussion

Newbies > What are you currently reading?

Comments (showing 201-250 of 9,386) (9386 new)    post a comment »

message 201: by Racheal (new)

Racheal Renwick (Racheal_Renwick) I am on The Reckoning My ARC It's awesome!

message 202: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 2 comments I just finished LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR by Stephanie Perkins.
Love, love, love it!!! Devoured it in two days. Definitely recommend it to someone looking for a feel good, realistic read.
THE SAVAGE GRACE by Bree Despain is next for me.

message 203: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 7 comments Kaya wrote: "Erika wrote: "I just started Fire by Kristin Cashore and its really good so far!"
Pretty good book! I think it kind of fell victim to the sequel curse, though; in my eyes nothing could measure up t..."

I agree. I wanted to know more about those characters, but the sequels went on to other people.

message 204: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 7 comments I am reading The Hunger Games and Cinder.

message 205: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (helloalexis) Reading Twenty Boy Summer and Tempest.

message 206: by Jay (new)

message 207: by Sean (new)

Sean (yoshi25290) | 4 comments Erika wrote: "I'm reading Incarnate"

Fantastic book, hope you're enjoying it

message 208: by Sean (new)

Sean (yoshi25290) | 4 comments I just finished A Clash Of Kings and now im onto Stravaganza - City Of Secrets

message 209: by Missy (new)

Missy (missy_aurora) Finishing Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes tonight. Going to start The Sweet Far Thing (Gemma Doyle, #3) by Libba Bray tomorrow.
How do you get ARCs?

message 210: by Sierra~Kelley (new)

Sierra~Kelley I'm reading The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner

message 211: by Trista (new)

Trista (islandgeekgirl) | 20 comments Started Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick last night and already halfway through it.

message 212: by Katlyn (last edited Mar 16, 2012 02:00PM) (new)

Katlyn Larson (KatlynLarson) Currently reading Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. Hoping to get the Kindle Fire soon so I don't have to buy paper copies anymore and have all my favs on one little device! :)
Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins

message 213: by [deleted user] (new)

I am currently reading "A Pearl of the Soul of the World" by Meredith Ann Pierce. Its the third book in the DarkAngel trilogy, absolutely amazing books. Classic, pure fantasy from the 80's.

The Pearl of the Soul of the World (Darkangel Trilogy, #3) by Meredith Ann Pierce

message 214: by Julie (new)

message 216: by Last Stardust (new)

Last Stardust (laststardust) Finished: Anna Dressed in Blood
Started: Angelfall

message 217: by Melinda (last edited Mar 16, 2012 10:34PM) (new)

Melinda | 166 comments right now I am reading Across the Universe by Beth Revis and Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5) by Ally Carter when i'm finished i'm going to read Bewitching by Alex Flinn

message 218: by Jay (new)

message 219: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (writingstarlight) | 4 comments A book called Exploits of the Chalet Girls by Elinor M. Brent Dryer.It's quite an old book, it's one of my mum's (I'm not saying my mum's old!). It's froma really long series that's like 60 books long or something. Some of the books in the series sell for quite a lot of money. I don't really think it's a YA book but I think it's still quite interesting.

message 220: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (writingstarlight) | 4 comments Rebecca wrote: "A book called Exploits of the Chalet Girls by Elinor M. Brent Dryer.It's quite an old book, it's one of my mum's (I'm not saying my mum's old!). It's froma really long series that's like 60 books l..."

Ooops, sorry, it's Elinor M. Brent-Dyer.

message 221: by Josefina (new)

Josefina (joeynope) | 22 comments I just started remembrance Remembrance
im like 17 pages in and I love it! I got in on the Nook:)

message 222: by Emily (new)

Emily (wolfgurrl) | 6 comments Right now I'm reading "A long, long sleep" by Anna Sheehan. I also JUST finished reading "Article 5" which was good :D

message 223: by Sara (new)

Sara Daniell (saradaniell) | 41 comments Oppression by Jessica Therrien

Very good so far!

message 224: by Heather (new)

Heather | 5 comments Currently reading Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr

message 225: by Racheal (new)

Racheal Renwick (Racheal_Renwick) Missy wrote: "Finishing Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes tonight. Going to start The Sweet Far Thing (Gemma Doyle, #3) by Libba Bray tomorrow.
How do you get ARCs?"

You can get ARCs numerous of ways. I get mine through contests, and book auctions.

message 226: by Ada (last edited Mar 17, 2012 12:52PM) (new)

Ada Adams (ada_adams) I just finished "The Hunger Games" series. Just in time for the movie! :)

I would love lots of to-read recommendations!

message 227: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Mar 17, 2012 03:07PM) (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 4231 comments Mod
Just finished Glimmerglass (Faeriewalker, #1) by Jenna Black.
Not sure if I should start Impulse (Impulse, #1) by Ellen Hopkins or Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton

message 228: by Ela (new)

Ela Sns wrote: "hmm thats what i thought but in the middle of the book i figured out who was lying and really wanted them to get caught"

I've finnished it nwo and I totally agree. There was one line that Ellie says when descirbing a look in her brother's eye. From then on I was just desperate for him to have to deal with the consequences of what his actions.

message 229: by Ela (new)

Ela Heather wrote: "Currently reading Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr"

really like that series they're good fun :)

message 230: by Jay (new)

message 231: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (brianna_fenty) | 3 comments I'm reading Blood Red Road by Moira Young, and I have to say the first half really blew me away. It's starting to slow down now... we'll see what happens. :)

Has anyone read Orson Scott Card's new book Pathfinder yet? Let me know!

message 232: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 1 comments currently reading Legend by Marie Lu :) I'm loving it so far

message 233: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 63 comments I'm reading The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan and A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark, #1) by Jocelyn Davies.

message 234: by JazzyCat (new)

JazzyCat (dayandnightgirl) Anyone got any recommendations? I love realistic fiction, especially romance! I love things on real problems, like Wintergirls, Willow, Crank... stuff like that.

message 235: by Liv (new)

Liv Chanin (liv_chanin) | 8 comments Has anyone read Kenneth Oppel's This Dark Endeavor? I just finished an ARC of the second book, Such Wicked Intent, and it was fantastic!

message 236: by Delaney (new)

Delaney ti amo wrote: "Anyone got any recommendations? I love realistic fiction, especially romance! I love things on real problems, like Wintergirls, Willow, Crank... stuff like that."

Have you read Speak by the same author of Wintergirls? Have you read any Sarah Dessen books? Have you read Go Ask Alice? Have you read Thirteen Reasons Why?
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson Just Listen by Sarah Dessen Go Ask Alice by Beatrice Sparks Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

message 237: by Trista (new)

Trista (islandgeekgirl) | 20 comments ti amo wrote: "Anyone got any recommendations? I love realistic fiction, especially romance! I love things on real problems, like Wintergirls, Willow, Crank... stuff like that."

I just finished Shine by Lauren Myracle recently and it was really good, pretty realistic with some romance thrown in.

message 238: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Davies (debbie16) | 29 comments that what Im doing too!

message 239: by Zoe (last edited Mar 19, 2012 01:03PM) (new)

Zoe | 63 comments ti amo wrote: "Anyone got any recommendations? I love realistic fiction, especially romance! I love things on real problems, like Wintergirls, Willow, Crank... stuff like that."

This is a good book you could read: Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman

message 240: by [deleted user] (new)

anyone read you against me?

message 241: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 63 comments nope.

message 242: by [deleted user] (new)

okay i do recommend it!

message 243: by Anna (new)

Anna | 334 comments Olivia wrote: "Mortal Instruments is the best of the two:) Start there"

agreed

message 244: by Anna (new)

Anna | 334 comments Erin wrote: "Working on Inheritance by Christopher Paolini and just finished The Book of Deacon last night."

Great series.

message 245: by Ela (last edited Mar 19, 2012 01:55PM) (new)

Ela Sns wrote: "anyone read you against me?"

If you liked You Against Me have you read Boys Don't Cry by Malorie Blackman beacuse I just read both of them and I thought BDC was even better.

message 246: by [deleted user] (new)

yes ive read that! that was amazing!

message 247: by Ela (new)

Ela Yay glad you agree!!

message 248: by [deleted user] (new)

:D

message 249: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Arnold | 15 comments Have you read Speak by the same author of Wintergirls? Have you read any Sarah Dessen books? Have you read Go Ask Alice? Have you read Thirteen Reasons Why?

I read Thirteen Reasons Why and loved it. It is a book that will stay with you long after you've read it.

message 250: by Cassie (new)

Cassie 13 Treasures by Michelle Harrison.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Beastly (other topics)
Last Sacrifice (other topics)
L.A. Candy (other topics)
Delirium (other topics)
Fearless: Fearless; Sam; Run (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Maureen Johnson (other topics)
Holly Goldberg Sloan (other topics)
Sarah J. Maas (other topics)
Alyson Noel (other topics)
Justin Somper (other topics)
More...