Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
This topic is about Catching Fire
Series > Catching Fire

Comments (showing 1-50 of 52) (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 4045 comments Mod
Share your thoughts

Stephanie (reggiesgirl) I really liked this one too. I had a love hate situation with the conditions of the Quarter Quell. I loved the fact there was another Hunger Games (is that morbid?) because the action is intense. I still love Katniss but I really like Finnick Odair and Johanna Mason. They were nice additions and considering Katniss had more allies this round there was a lot more dialouge from her and I liked that.

message 3: by Annabel ♥, Unspoken Sorceress (new) - rated it 5 stars

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4564 comments Mod
This was my second favorite of the series. The best part about it was that Finnick was in it...I just love everything about him, and I agree I really loved Johanna Mason too.

Stephanie (reggiesgirl) Awesome! I think Finnick Odair is my fave in this one.. Everytime I see sugar cubes I think of him lol. Katniss was well Idk different which isnt completely a bad thing but she wasnt as fierce as she was in the first one.

message 5: by Caron (new)

Caron Rider | 58 comments I think she was just maturing, you know? Which would be why she was different. I liked that aspect. She'd been introduced to the idea of relationships in addition to those of family, so in this one she was dithering about that...which is what we girls do, isn't it?

Namra | 54 comments I think Catching Fire was great. But it had the worst cliffhanger. Yup. Finnick Odair so rocks!
Another part i liked was that i got to see Katniss and Peeta's relation mature. The new characters introduced were good. Especially Johanna Mason and Beetee.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved the first two books. I hate the ending for Mockingjay. Catching fire was good, though.

message 8: by Caron (new)

Caron Rider | 58 comments Gina, I felt kind of let down by the Mockingjay ending. But it did kind of stay with the series theme, I guess. I'm just a sucker for happily ever after and that didn't have quite that ring. Catching Fire though really captured me because of the double whammy and I didn't see the end coming at all (which is what I like in a story).

message 9: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela I love the fact that even though there was another hunger games Katniss expericed them in a different way.
Love Finnick, he reminds me a bit of Jace from the Mortal Instruments

Hannah (cloveshay) | 111 comments Loved this book!!!!

Katlyn Larson (KatlynLarson) Just finished it and it's just as addicting to read as the first one. It was amazing! I need to know what happened to Peeta though!!!

Isabelle (Potterwholockian) | 29 comments awesome book.. cliffhanger was annoying

Amber Garza | 21 comments I honestly didn't love "Hunger Games" - I thought the premise was so disturbing. But I did really like the characters and so that, combined with morbid curiosity, made me read "Catching Fire". At first I was super annoyed with the way the book was going. I was like, "seriously, we're going back into the games? How unoriginal." But then the book took an unexpected turn and I found myself loving the ending. I also love a good cliffhanger. So, now I'm into the third book and looking forward to seeing how the trilogy ends....

message 14: by cy (new) - rated it 5 stars

cy Thank you for giving us Finnick, doesn't every book need a perverse hottie?

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) Can't wait for the movie :D

message 16: by L.W. (new) - rated it 4 stars

L.W. Patricks | 38 comments This is probably my favorite out of the trilogy. I loved the new characters and I found they added depth to the story.

message 17: by Remmy (new)

Remmy I loved how it was a clock. That part was really good!

Amber (PeopleWereRain) | 873 comments catching fire is my favourite I just think it has all the action problems and feelings of the first one to the power of ten. I loved finnick and Johanna who were both really strong characters with a story to tell which I loved I also especially love their underlying vulnerability. I also loved the victory tour which allowed for romantic moments as well as memories from the last book. I thought the twist ending as Epic but was unfortunately disappointed with what came afterwards in mockingkay... anyway great book!

message 19: by S.B. (new) - rated it 5 stars

S.B. Roozenboom | 13 comments I just heard that the kid who played the christian boy in Pirates of the Carribbean 4 (I cant remember his name) is going to play Finnack in the Catching Fire Movie!

message 20: by Nicole (new)

Nicole oh wow sb that's amazing I think it would be a good fit. if catching fire is anywhere as good as hunger games I will be ecstatic

message 21: by Katie (new)

Katie Buchanan | 15 comments This one was my ALLTIME favorite of the series. It was amazing. I can't wait to see the movie! I read this book in a night on my friends Kindle because at the time I did not own the book and I happened to be at her house and we got to talking about it and it was AMAZING what little I did read. I could not put her kindle down.

message 22: by Nikki , Shade Slayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikki  King (NikkiKing) | 1227 comments Mod
I LOVED Finnick Odair <3 thank you Suzanne Collins for creating such and amazing character! Peeta, Cinna, Haymitch, Rue, and Finnick were my favorite characters in this whole series. With all this love, I really must say Oh My God thank you for choosing perfect actors for Peeta, Cinna, Haymitch, and Rue!!!!!! But.... What the hell was everyone thinking when Sam Claflin was chosen to be Finnick?!?!?!?!

Amber (PeopleWereRain) | 873 comments I completely agree with you on the Sam claflin!!have you seen the new pictures of him on the catching fire set??? It looks all wrong!!!

message 24: by Nikki , Shade Slayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikki  King (NikkiKing) | 1227 comments Mod
Exactly! I can't think of a better actor for Finnick, at least at the moment I can't, but I don't want Sam. He will always be that mermaid lover from Pirates in my mind. I didn't like katniss in the books but even Jennifer was amazing!! Until Sam I thought all of the choices for actors were great

Brandon Ax | 24 comments I was surprised by this book I enjoyed the first book, but when I read the premise for the second I thought it was going to rehash the whole storyline again. It is probably my favorite in the series.

Salome Douglas | 68 comments Cy wrote: "Thank you for giving us Finnick, doesn't every book need a perverse hottie?"

lol!!! Absolutely!

Brandon Ax | 24 comments Salome wrote: "Cy wrote: "Thank you for giving us Finnick, doesn't every book need a perverse hottie?"

lol!!! Absolutely!"

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3540 comments I really loved catching fire. The twist with the quarter quell was pretty great and the arena was very well thought out. Finnick made it even better!

Joanne♥~Bookworm Extraordinaire Loved this book too. I loved Finnick. He was hilarious. I loved the quarter quell games and I loved seeing how close Peeta and Katniss became.

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3540 comments That one scene on the beach between Peeta and Katniss was so well written. I was very moved by Peeta's speech about the locket. Peeta and Katniss' romance is very sweet and true. I don't think katniss and Gale had that same spark.

Okie Dokie | 26 comments Did any of you see the movie yet? How do you feel about it? I absolutely loved it. I'm going to go back and re-read the series. =)

Caitlin (caitlinisakittycat) | 332 comments I thought it was one of the best book-to-movie adaptations I've ever seen. I love the elements they added & that they kept the story very true to what it was to begin with. I went in expecting to be disappointed that we weren't going to see the footage of the other tributes' Games, but I didn't care. They did such an amazing job portraying the humor, the love, & the horror in this story! My one complaint is their exclusion of any information about District 13. It really would've helped non-readers to understand the ending.

Okie Dokie | 26 comments Perhaps they saved the information about District 13 for the next movie. They do need enough material to span 2 movies.

Daevora Hossana (daevorahossana) | 11 comments I just watched the movie last November 21, and what's good is some little details from the book was really there and some of the quotes as well. You'll just love both book and movie. I think for the most part is you'll never get disappointed about the movie especially when you read the book first. It's just so good and awesome like the book. xx

Caitlin (caitlinisakittycat) | 332 comments I clearly have very little sympathy for greedy production companies & their need to double the profits by splitting all these final novels into double features. I'm frustrated with their decision to split Mockingjay into two movies & I'm still not sure how that's gonna work. Is the first movie going to be that horribly boring bit from the book where Katniss is, essentially, slouching broodily around District 13 & nothing happens, ending when Peeta is brought back into the mix so that the fourth movie can have all the action? (Oh, Lordie, I hope not!) Is it going to be District 13 & battling through the Districts only to stop when they reach the Capital? That one is vastly more appealing to me. We'll see. I'm just glad that the director of Catching Fire is signed on for Mockingjay as well! He did such an excellent job & Catching Fire was a huge improvement on the Hunger Games. I can't wait to see what he does next!

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3540 comments I loved the movie! It was a brilliant adaption and I think it was made a lot better than Hunger Games.

After rereading Mockingjay I'm kind of on the fence with the whole split. I think to make it interesting they have to cut out a bit of Katniss' moping and have some good action scenes to keep the audience interested. An interesting thing they could do is cut back and forth between district 13 and the Capitol .

Tawanna | 14 comments I loved the movie. I especially liked the scene with rue and thresh's pictures and families.
My one complaint is this:
As someone else has already mentioned, I think the screenwriters and producers should have included some type of background information on district 13. District 13 was only quickly mentioned once in the movie. People who haven't read the books would not understand its significance. I guess we will have to wait until the next movie to see how things turn out.

~RininTa~ (RinZ) | 537 comments I watched the movie yesterday and I'm blown away. The acting of the cast and the effect of the movie are impressive! The story is good but I think some of parts from the book are being skipped because I read the book before watch the movie. But overall I love Catching Fire. The story, the emotion of the characters, the action - everything are so good!

Okie Dokie | 26 comments I was pissed when they decided to spilt the movie. we all have Harry Potter to thank for that. but I'm preserving a little faith because I loved the first two movies so much & the director is fabulous.

message 40: by Melody (new)

Melody | 11 comments This one was good. I really loved it. It was fresh and I love the idea of it.

Go Katniss

Jessica Dixon-Langford | 24 comments I absolutely loved this book, it had me on the edge of my seat the entire book.

ah'lexus billups (shyalice) | 14 comments i love the book so much, i love how it kind of go off real life abit .i love how all the characters change .

-RadioActiveBookWorm- | 8 comments favourite book in the series. I have to admit, I had a little crush on finnick for a while there. saw the movie too, that was amazing too.

Greensparksjp | 15 comments

This is a group that when we have 10 members we will have a reaping and 5 tributes will be chosen to battle in the arena which one of the mods will choose its a new arena and experience every time. Choose your character, choose your district, choose your weapon, and fight to the death!

Ariel Meralpis (aaisvip) This is my favorite book in the trilogy. There are more action, characters and surprises. I really felt sad after reading the part where it tells about the quarter quell and the tributes. And the ending was unexpected! It seduced me into reading Mockingjay immediately.

My favorite characters are Mags and Finnick Odair. I really like how Finnick was so concerned about Mags and how Mags was so old and still was participating in the quarter quell.

This books was just awesome!

MacKenzie Drury | 3 comments I agree! Catching fire was my favorite too!! I thought the arena was so ingenious. The whole story was so surprising and keeps you intrigued.

Camylla Carvalho | 6 comments My favorite of the trilogy ❤️

Michelle Joyce Bond | 41 comments Though the tension is ramped up in CATCHING FIRE by quarter quell, new badass characters, new lethal obstacles etc., the plot feels very similar to the first book.

That said, I LOVED the plot of the first book and was happy to follow Katniss through this deadly tropical vacation version of THE HUNGER GAMES.

Lauraeimre | 33 comments The best one in this series. 3 out of 5 stars :)

Bethany | 56 comments I literally just finished it! I thought I would cry because we were away so I couldn't go to the library for the 3rd one!

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread