Steampunk, New Weird, Bizarro, Scifi, Fantasy Book Group discussion

The Taker (The Taker, #1)
This topic is about The Taker
Steampunk > The Taker by Alma Katsu

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Coleen Cloete (Colla) | 15 comments Has any of you read The Taker by Alma Katsu? How would you catagorise this one? Steampunk or not?

Chakara | 1308 comments Mod
I sugest renaming the topic "The Taker by Alma Katsu" so that it can be better identified. Steampunk is General the more specific books are to be the posted topics under the genere headings.

Coleen Cloete (Colla) | 15 comments Thanks for the suggestion Chakara, renamed it now.

I really enjoyed the Book, but could not really find a category where it fits properly.

Would love to hear other readers opinion on it.

Let me take a look lol Im no expert in all things steampunk but it wont hurt lol.

Coleen wrote: "Thanks for the suggestion Chakara, renamed it now.

I really enjoyed the Book, but could not really find a category where it fits properly.

Would love to hear other readers opinion on it."

Your welcome, this way not only can our group members look at the title and see if its a topic they would like to comment on but when people look for the book it will list groups that are discussing the book or have mentioned it and then they can click on it too and might want to comment or something as well.

Hi, The description doesnt really mention anything "Steampunky" what it does mention is that the book is part Historical Fiction part supernatural. So I would classify it for our groups purposes as Urban Fantasy.

Part historical novel, part supernatural page-turner, "The Taker" is an unforgettable tale about the power of unrequited love not only to elevate and sustain, but also to blind and ultimately destroy, and how each of us is responsible for finding our own path to redemption.

If there is something like alternate history where they have technology that they shouldnt have then I would go to steampunk.

I may be very wrong though.

I added the book to the top of the post for you for even easier finding. It sounds intresting I will have to read it not to mention the other cover that I have on my nook is sooooo pretttttyyy.

message 8: by Coleen (last edited Feb 15, 2012 11:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Coleen Cloete (Colla) | 15 comments Hi Chakara, funny you should mention the cover. Almost all the reveiws I read of the book commented on the beautiful design of the cover. There is a second book in the series with an even pretier cover than the first. I sometimes do feel that you can judge a book by its cover;)
Thank you for all your advise and input.

Fred Hughes | 11 comments This looks like a worthy contender.

Picked this up at the library while looking for our group reads.

Coleen Cloete (Colla) | 15 comments I really enjoyed the book tremendously would love to know what you think of it Fred and Chakara.

C.H.  Dexter | 12 comments Loved this book! Think it has elements of steampunk but more a fantasy. Any one agree? The cover is great.

Steampunk, New Weird, Bizarro, Scifi, Fantasy...

unread topics | mark unread