Reading the Classics discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Nominations > March group read

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jenn | 374 comments Mod
Let's start nominating our March read. I will put up the poll Monday the 20th. Again, since our group is so small, please try to limit nominations to 1-2 books per person.

Jenn | 374 comments Mod
No nominations yet? I know our group is small, but we could read some really great books here! Get your nominations in!

message 3: by Jenn (last edited Feb 17, 2012 08:06AM) (new)

Jenn | 374 comments Mod
I have some suggestions. Perhaps we could read something by Jane Austen, maybe Pride and Prejudice or Mansfield Park. Some other ideas are The Age of Innocence, Babbit, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, Silas Marner, or Mary Barton. These are just some ideas to get the ball rolling. Feel free to nominate any of these or nominate something else. I am hoping to start the poll by Monday.

message 4: by Cleo (last edited Feb 16, 2012 10:14PM) (new)

Cleo (cleopatra18) | 41 comments I'll nominate Sir Gawain and the Green Knight Sir Gawain and the Green Knight  by Unknown and, based on your non-fiction suggestion thread, The Prince The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli. It's short but perhaps it may be better to wait for this one until there is more participation. Whatever you think is best ......

Jenn | 374 comments Mod
One more day to nominate the March read!

Dolores (Dizzydee39) | 344 comments Mod
Mansfield Park by Jane Austen

Jenn | 374 comments Mod
Cleo I think we might leave The Prince for another time. Be sure to nominate it later when we have more members!

Jenn | 374 comments Mod
Ok so I am starting the poll today for the March read. I will run it until next Monday, the 27th. The poll will include the three nominations: Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Absalom, Absalom!, and Mansfield Park. Please vote!

Cleo (cleopatra18) | 41 comments Jenn wrote: "Cleo I think we might leave The Prince for another time. Be sure to nominate it later when we have more members!"

No problem, Jenn! I thought it might be too early but I thought I'd post it anyway to remind people of your non-fiction suggestion.

Adriana Voted! Pretty happy with the book I chose (:

message 12: by Jenn (last edited Feb 27, 2012 11:13AM) (new)

Jenn | 374 comments Mod
Mansfield Park won the poll! So we will start the read March 1, with Dolores leading the discussion. I look forward to this read with all of you and may we have a great discussion!!

Adriana Awesome (:

Lois (loisbennett) | 24 comments Looking forward to it! Is there a reading schedule?

Dolores (Dizzydee39) | 344 comments Mod
There won't be a reading schedule, but I will set up a section for discussions once I get the book, sort of like we had for the other books, if that is ok, so people can discuss certain sections without spoiling for others who haven't read as far.

Lois (loisbennett) | 24 comments Looking forward to it :)

Adriana Aren't we able to read all of it online? That's what it looks like when you type in the book.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Silas Marner (other topics)
Babbit (other topics)
Mary Barton (other topics)
Pride and Prejudice (other topics)
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

William Faulkner (other topics)