Salt Lake County Library Services discussion

Teen Talk > Beehive Books

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 14 comments Check out the Young Adult Nominees for the Beehive Books. You can have a say in which book wins this award.

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan | 33 comments Susan really liked "Dragonfly" by Julia Golding. What YF Beehive nominee have you read?

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 362 comments Mod
Here's a link to the list: http://clau.org/sites/default/files/B...
My favorite was Bruiser, but I also read A Spy in the House and The Hunchback Assignments.

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan | 33 comments I still need to read A Spy in the House, but I enjoyed the other two. Bruiser is one that gets a person thinking.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 362 comments Mod
Susan wrote: "I still need to read A Spy in the House, but I enjoyed the other two. Bruiser is one that gets a person thinking."

Yeah- I really like Neal Shusterman. He has such great range, too. My favorites by him are Unwind, The Schwa Was Here, and Bruiser, all of which are completely different types of books.

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan | 33 comments Unwind was gripping, and I also enjoyed The Schwa Was Here. I just checked out A Spy in the House today.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 3 comments My Goal is to read all the YA nominees before voting ends in April. So far I have enjoyed The Wide Awake Princess, Three Rivers Rising, The Boy Who Dared, and Heist Society. I adored Dragonfly and After Ever After, and I thought Spy in the House was ok. I wasn't impressed with Mirrorscape. I also really liked The War to End All Wars: World War I, which I couldn't resist picking up and checking out.

Britt, Book Habitue (Britt--BookHabitue) | 153 comments LOVED The Wide Awake Princess. The Dancing Pancake was cute. Just started Spy in the House.

Britt, Book Habitue (Britt--BookHabitue) | 153 comments Out of My Mind was AMAZING.

message 10: by Susan (new)

Susan | 33 comments Who else wishes more books were available in audio versions? I love to listen as I drive and clean the house.

message 11: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (dragonshelver) | 35 comments I agree. I was enjoying listening to the Anne of Green Gables Series and it came to a screeching halt, when Anne of The Windy Poplars is not available. Period! I searched on-line and I guess it was never recorded.

message 12: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 14 comments You have until April 10 to vote on Beehive books. Help us out and let your oppionion be known

message 13: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 14 comments Beehive voting has ended stay tuned to find out what books won this year

message 14: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 14 comments The Beehive book winners were announced last week. "Shark vs. Train" won in the picture book catergory. "Out of my Mind" won the children's fiction award. The Poetry award went to "The Dancing Pancake" and "The Candy Bomber" won the non-fiction award.

message 15: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 14 comments And Dragonfly was the best teen book.

message 16: by Susan (new)

Susan | 33 comments "Death Cloud", "The False Princess" and "Ten Miles Past Normal" were pretty good reads. Now on the the other teen Beehive nominees to decide which is my fave...!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Spy in the House (other topics)
The Hunchback Assignments (other topics)
Bruiser (other topics)
The Schwa Was Here (other topics)
Unwind (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Neal Shusterman (other topics)