Character Roleplays discussion

Suggestions

Comments (showing 1-50 of 76) (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Heed Zoey's commands. Or die. (new)

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (Falls) | 3377 comments Mod
To go along with the soon-to-come group cleanup, I thought I'd make a new suggestions topic.

-If you suggest something, make sure it'll actually go somewhere. We don't want any more of these one hundred post life roleplays. No matter how good your idea is, if it's not going to go anywhere, don't suggest it, kay?

-Post the title and a description of your roleplay. One of the mods will post it and then leave it to you to continue. The post can be a brief explanation of the roleplay or a whatever-they-call-those-things-that-go-on-the-back-of-books. However, most important is the title.

-If your roleplay isn't put up immediately, don't stress. The mods are either busy and not online, or they're waiting for the general population to agree with it.

-If you suggest a roleplay, it's yours. You make the character sheet, you explain any questions you might have, you reject characters(if necessary) unless someone else specifically wants charge of it.

Happy suggesting. (:

emily*the ninja queen of implication* (THENINJA) | 1255 comments Sweet. I like the new one. More chance for ideas.
I posted this like 30 seconds before the last one was deleted, so repost:
Gang War Roleplay
There are hundreds of gangs out there, and around these gangs, there's always drama. Turf wars, killed family members, hostage situations, kidnappings, even forbidden romance. People get hurt, people go missing, people are put in situations they never thought they'd in. In a world of drama, love, hate, and violence, see how strong a gang tie really is.

message 3: by Lynx (new)

Lynx | 692 comments Since we don't have another topic for group suggestions, I'll post here....

For folders with four or more roleplays in them I think we should separate the characters from the roleplays with another folder.
We should probably also start a folder for advanced roleplays. It would keep the non-advanced rpers out and would encourage the creation of more advanced rps.

message 4: by Dan (new)

Dan  | 3732 comments I like that idea, because I am not advanced, and I wanna know which ones to stay clear of.

Also, are we gonna restart the high school roleplay like I suggested?

message 5: by Zoey, Heed my commands. Or Die. (new)

Zoey (zzoey) | 687 comments Mod
Sure! Lynx's idea sounds like work, but that's why I have many mods now. Yay!

message 6: by Lynx (new)

Lynx | 692 comments If you need me to do that, I can. Just not right now. I'm supposed to be doing something else right now...

message 7: by Zoey, Heed my commands. Or Die. (new)

Do it when you're able. That way as a mod, you have something to do. :D

message 8: by Lynx (new)

Lynx | 692 comments haha. Alright.

message 9: by ♥Sky♥ (new)

♥Sky♥  (yainfatuation) | 1002 comments Seasonal RP!:

Luck of the Leprechauns

Everyone in the rp has caught/ found a Leprechaun and its grated a wish. The wishes all the different personalities and people makes start to make the world go awry.

message 10: by Dan (new)

Dan  | 3732 comments Are we restarting the High School Roleplay?

message 11: by Zoey, Heed my commands. Or Die. (new)

Yes, High School should be restarted.

Leprechauns! BRILLIANT!

message 12: by Zoey, Heed my commands. Or Die. (new)

Oh sorry dude! I didn't even realize there was a new comment here. Sure! We'll do that for you.

message 13: by Dan (last edited Apr 06, 2012 06:10AM) (new)

Dan  | 3732 comments Are we gonna restart the high school roleplay?

message 14: by Zoey, Heed my commands. Or Die. (new)

Yeah, isn't it up?

message 15: by Dan (new)

Dan  | 3732 comments I can't find it.

message 16: by The Doctor (new)

The Doctor  | 103 comments Anyone up for a Star Wars rp?

message 17: by Zoey, Heed my commands. Or Die. (new)

Hahah!!! :D If people want it, I'll post it.

message 18: by Lynx (new)

Lynx | 692 comments We should have a Maze Runner series based rp, and a Gone series based rp.

message 19: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Heed Zoey's commands. Or die. (new)

Hmm... I dunno if people can handle an all-guys roleplay.

message 20: by Lynx (new)

Lynx | 692 comments I wasn't thinking of having it in the Glade. More like in book three. You have WICKED, Cranks, Crank Palace(that's what it's called, right?), a city, stuff like that.

... I just realized that at the end of book three they never said what happened to the Immunes from other cities....

Teadrinkingcat (Alex!!!) (Silverstreamisawesome) Can I suggest a Fallout RP? If it gets accepted, I'll post a summary, but it's really long for those who haven't played the game, but an easy concept to grasp.

message 22: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Heed Zoey's commands. Or die. (new)

WHOA WHOA WHOA SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

I haven't read the third one yet. (:

message 23: by Zoey, Heed my commands. Or Die. (new)

Can you post a brief brief summary for stupid people like me, and then expand on it when the topic is up?

Teadrinkingcat (Alex!!!) (Silverstreamisawesome) Okay! ^_^

Fallout is based on pre-nuclear war. In a world of recovery and radiation, humans do there best to survive. Organizations and factions often fight for dominance and some for customer loyalty.

The once beautiful landscape was torn to shreds by war. The lush grass burned away to harsh, hot sand. Nearly all canned,/stored food is loaded with traces of radiation (which can be cured occasionally by professionals or medications like Rad-X(often expensive)), and food you find without it in the wild is usually fought for by the local oversized scorpians and whatnot.

Freshwater is a blessing, same with rad-free food. Medications are useful, but are also commonly abused. Many raiders are addicted to things like pills or drugs that may provide you a temporary advantage, but may injury you in the long run should you let them become a part of your life.

Currency often consists of bottle caps. Its what most people all over the Wasteland use, but you can find some pre-war money. It's worth less than bottle caps, though.

In specificity, an explosion equivalent to about 5 megatons was placed on an evacuated Washington D.C. Invasion skirmishes occurred prior and after this. Radiation seeped over all the U.S and anything not locked away in a vault or in some serious safe house, was practically vaporized.

Mutated creatures were the result of masses of radiation. Even some vaults leaked, leaving 'ghouls', who were rotten skinned, 200 year old humans from the first explosions. And some humans, who mysteriously survived outside vaults, where near instantly turned into zombies. All over one can find the results and evidence of radiation's side effect in deformed beasts of all kinds and sizes. Most creatures have grown in size, most at least no less than 2 feet high (even some bugs). And the same goes for their strength. Some became toxic, radioactive, some just downright insane the most thinkable ways, but however you look at them, they just make life that much tougher to keep.

Throughout the game there is also Raiders, who are people who travel in small groups basically killing anyone they see. They reside mostly in Subways that weave under D.C, and giant mutants are sometimes found with them.

_______

I've simplified it a lot, and it's nearly impossible to make a short summary of Fallout. But it's a great game, but if you have any questions feel free to ask!

TL;DR - It's placed after a giant nuclear explosion.

message 25: by Lynx (new)

Lynx | 692 comments Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* wrote: "WHOA WHOA WHOA SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

I haven't read the third one yet. (:"

Oh! *covers hand with mouth* Oops! Sorry. I didn't give away much anyway.

message 26: by Lynx (new)

Lynx | 692 comments I still think we need a GONE series based rp. Would anyone else be interested in something like that?

message 27: by Shennel (last edited May 26, 2012 02:06PM) (new)

Shennel | 2610 comments Lynx wrote: "I still think we need a GONE series based rp. Would anyone else be interested in something like that?"

Me, not that you really know me. I love that series and have been wanting to do something like that for a while.

message 28: by Lynx (new)

Lynx | 692 comments Yeah, I love the series as well. I can't wait for the next book! O.O I just finished Fear, and the ending was totally epic. Only thing that bugs me about his books are how forgetful he gets. Like he'll get the number wrong for the kids in an area(when compared to the last number he listed and the number he says next time he counts them off, and it's clear the number hasn't has reason to change) or things like how he forgets that earlier he had said that there was no air in a certain section and then have people go down there and not die.... *facepalms*
anyway, yeah. I think an rp would be awesome. I can set it up. What folder should it go under?

message 29: by Shennel (new)

Shennel | 2610 comments I haven't read Fear yet x.x But yeah, I know what you mean, but I still love his books anyways. better than most books out right now

Er >.> no idea

message 30: by Lynx (new)

Lynx | 692 comments you have to read it! I think it may have been the best in the series.

Hm.... I'll go look around.

message 31: by Lynx (new)

Lynx | 692 comments Fantasy, sci-fi, drama, or thriller. Which do you think it fits under best?

message 32: by Shennel (new)

Shennel | 2610 comments Oh, I'm planning on it most definitely =) I'm on my summer break now so I can actually read it without having to worry about some final

message 33: by Shennel (new)

Shennel | 2610 comments I'd say either sci-fi or thriller

message 34: by Lynx (new)

Lynx | 692 comments awesome. :)
That's what I was thinking. I'll see which one has less topics in it and stick the rp in there.

(─‿‿─) JayLa~♪ (Ravenclaw17) Has anyone read the Wicked Lovely series? I would love to do a roleplay based on it :)

message 36: by Zoey, Heed my commands. Or Die. (new)

No idea what it is.

message 37: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie  Silverbane  (Nightlightknight) | 639 comments Looks like we need a new rp to freshen things up, should it be something original, or based on something we're all familiar with?

message 38: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria (loopyalex80) | 1826 comments Is there already a Kidnapped/Black Market Roleplay group?

message 39: by Zoey, Heed my commands. Or Die. (new)

I don't think there is one. Would you like one?? :)

message 40: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria (loopyalex80) | 1826 comments 1st of all...yes I believe it would be interesting and 2nd of all I love your picture!

message 41: by Zoey, Heed my commands. Or Die. (new)

Of Dumbo? Yes, I liked that one too, but I like myself better. ;)

message 42: by Zoey, Heed my commands. Or Die. (new)

Cool, we'll get that made for you, by the way.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

^^ I think a kidnapped roleplay would be fun!

message 44: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 2 comments What about fame rp?

message 45: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Heed Zoey's commands. Or die. (new)

Fame?

message 46: by Zoey, Heed my commands. Or Die. (new)

Try to elaborate on that.

Clara Armani *listen up meow* How about an Insane Asylum roleplay? Similar to American Horror Story: Asylum (if any of you watch that). Here's a summary:
"Set in 1964, American Horror Story: Asylum takes us into a Church-run haven for the criminally insane, ruled with an iron fist by Sister Jude, a nun with a troubled past. Inside this locked down facility, danger lurks around every corner. From Nazis and serial killers, to mutants and aliens, no one is safe inside these walls."

Winterfae *laetus sum* (WinterFae) Ah! That sounds awesome! I would utterly support that, Miss Clara.

Clara Armani *listen up meow* Excitement!

message 50: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Heed Zoey's commands. Or die. (new)

I do believe we had one of those. I'll see if it's still there; it might have been deleted a while back.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Handmaid's Tale (other topics)