Tuck Everlasting Tuck Everlasting question

The Man in The Yellow Suit's Name!
Anna Anna Feb 11, 2012 11:21AM
I have always wondered ever since I watched the movies and read the book, why doesn't the man in the yellow suit have a name? I mean it gets rather annoying to hear his whole description over and over again? Why do you think Ms. Babbitt chose that over a name?! Discuss here.

I forgot what was his role in the book, like what he did??? I really have to read this book again...

that's funny

Whenever I think of the man in the yellow suit, I think of the man in the yellow hat who had a pet monkey named George who was rather curious....

That really bothered my last book group. They decided to call him Bill.

Really. I am not kidding.

U_25x33
Carmindy Yeah that kinda bothers me too........
Oct 07, 2013 07:49PM

I think leaving him nameless means he can stand in for just about anybody, because just about anybody would try to exploit the spring to one degree or another. He doesn't really need a name, because if he hadn't come along, someone just like him would have come along in another 10/50/100 years.

i think they should have named him because he was trying to steal the water and that played a big role in the book!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he is better without a name. It makes him more intinidating and unreal.

he doesn't need a name. he's a character, like a metaphor for something. giving him a name would have taken focus away from his purpose in the book.

Maybe she did not name him to make him more suspicious and mysterious.

Maybe it was so that we could name him? I agree with Bill :)

My book club decided it was Bob I think.

U_25x33
Carmindy now that I think of it that is weird. I would name him Lyle.
Oct 07, 2013 07:48PM

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Tuck Everlasting (other topics)