Death Note, Vol. 1: Boredom (Death Note, #1) Death Note, Vol. 1 discussion

Who's name would you write in the Death note

Comments (showing 1-37 of 37) (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Trey (charles) If you found the Death Note, who's name would you write in there first.

message 2: by Christopher (new)

Christopher No one I don't want anyone to die

Nigeria Kindell MY DAD

Ma-Ri The people I hate.

Michael some guy in north korea. lololololol

Raquel Nobody, unless that person was a serious threat to humanity.

Keiley Irock wrote: "Nigeria wrote: "MY DAD"

Why would you want your dad to die!!!! He made you come into this world and this is how you repay him!!!! You are the one I would write in the death note!!!"

I think that Nigeria was probably only joking/is presently upset with her father and therefore spiteful, that you're severely overreacting and that some people genuinely hate their parents. And for good reason.

Not to mention just because someone is responsible for your birth, doesn't mean you owe them anything, not affection, love or even respect. So you wouldn't really need to 'repay' him, because you don't damnwell owe him anything.

Good God I've turned into a social justice loser on the internet

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

The Death Note would become my instrument of karma.

Mirkat I'd never want to be in the position of having that power. If I had the Death Note and knew what it meant to write a name in it, I'd destroy the book to make sure it never got into the hands of anyone who'd use it.

It's been a while since I've read DN, but as I recall, when Light first found the note, he just thought it was an ordinary notebook that he'd use as a diary. He just happened to write an entry about some classmates who'd bullied him, and then next thing he knew, they were dead. In that position, I think I'd be mortified to have caused anyone's death, no matter how I felt about those who died. (And I recall that Light wasn't immediately sure that he'd caused their death, so he did some "testing" by writing more names. ::shudder::)

Ma-Ri Hm..lets see I would write the people who bullied me and then keep the Death Note out of my cousin's hands.*does not want to see what happens if it got in my cousin's hands-shudder-*

message 11: by xina (new) - rated it 5 stars

xina ramirez The people I really Hate in my entire life.

Ma-Ri xina wrote: "The people I really Hate in my entire life."

Yep that's what I will do as well.

Nathan I would get biebers autograph on a paper from my notebook......

Thalia, The Daughter Of Zeus Nathan wrote: "I would get biebers autograph on a paper from my notebook......"

Handy... I would write the people that i really don't like

Teadrinkingcat (Alex!!!) I wouldn't write anyone's name, even if I truly hated them with a burning passion.

If you think of it, you only get a single shot at life (as far as we know) and who am I to take that away from someone? Unless there was truly a horrible awful person, who happened to be endangering the lives of millions, I wouldn't write a name. The only person who really comes to mind would be Hitler.

But seriously, would you want to live with the guilt that you killed someone? You don't know what they've been through, and just the general idea of it sickens me.

Like, when people say "I'd write people who I don't like" it disturbs me. Why would you kill someone just for that reason? Jesus. Get over yourself and move on with life.

Temple Id put the name of my Tutor who gave me a C+ on an project for his class when I no its was worth more then wht he gave. You ruined my week!!!!

Raquel Teadrinkingcat wrote: "I wouldn't write anyone's name, even if I truly hated them with a burning passion.

If you think of it, you only get a single shot at life (as far as we know) and who am I to take that away from s..."

This is probably the most thought-out response here.

message 18: by xina (new) - rated it 5 stars

xina ramirez The people that I hate the most in my life.

Patrick If I found the Death Note, I would use it to draw unicorns. BUT THEN I WOULD ACCIDENTLY WRITE MY NAME ON THE TOP OF THE PAGE!

Patrick Nigeria wrote: "MY DAD"

Haha, you'd probably just write "dad" and wonder why it doesn't work.

Josea Danun JUSTIN BEIBER

message 22: by Meechie (new)

Meechie Moneyman steven spenner

message 23: by Evie (new) - added it

Evie Kidnappers, murders!

Deeptanshu Kim Jong Un. There is a guy the world would be better off without.

message 25: by Tara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tara Bad people. And maybe Justin Bieber because honestly he has done way too many awful things..

message 26: by xina (new) - rated it 5 stars

xina ramirez justin biwbwr

Emmanuella Elma FARHAT ABBAS

Taillenifa I would go back in time and write Hitler's name.

Assassin'sRead I probably wouldn't write anyone's name, I'd just like owning the Death Note and having a pal like Ryuk or Rem. BUT I'd make the trade for Shinigami Eyes!

If I really had to write someone's name... I'd choose a person who is already suffering, possibly dying and finally put them outta their misery!

message 30: by EC (new) - rated it 5 stars

EC Chaney ALL THE MEMBERS OF EVERY GAY BOY-BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 31: by TombReader (new)

TombReader EC wrote: "ALL THE MEMBERS OF EVERY GAY BOY-BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

That is HILARIOUS! I'd do the same XD

Saving People, Hunting Things~ The Family Business EC wrote: "ALL THE MEMBERS OF EVERY GAY BOY-BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You have the option of writing the name of dictators, murders, criminals. . and from all the world you want to write the name of gay singers. That's so awful and homophobic.

Christine Nigeria wrote: "MY DAD"

Ha! Needless to say I'd...maybe do the same

Christine Keiley wrote: "Irock wrote: "Nigeria wrote: "MY DAD"

Why would you want your dad to die!!!! He made you come into this world and this is how you repay him!!!! You are the one I would write in the death note!!!"
..."

Er....not every single biological parent ACTUALLY acts like a parent. Some fathers are deadbeats or very, very abusive *is speaking from experience*. So yes, if Light Yagami wanted to write MY dad's name in his Death Note, I'd just look the other way and be like "I know nothing!".

Amaya Honestly, I don't think any human would be able to handle the Death Note. Sure, some would use it, but the consequences would catch up to them. Either they would end up like Light, or the emotional toll would overcome them. Would someone be able to take this power and deliver "justice"? What is "right" and "wrong" depends entirely on the person. Where is the line? Who draws it? Does it even exist?

Aurora Harmoni i think i can't write name on Death Note. that's scary

Avaminn F'nett Kim Jong Un, every member of ISIS and the Taliban, random murderers, etc.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Death Note, Vol. 1: Boredom (other topics)