Books on the Nightstand discussion

Announcements > Knitters, Crocheters, Weavers, Spinners...

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ann (akingman) | 2023 comments Mod
Since I talked about knitting on today's podcast (ep 166), I have heard from a few listeners who are also knitters. I've started a BOTNS group over on Ravelry (a site for fiber-holics) to share our projects and knitting chatter. I know it's one more place to go if you're not already a Ravelry member, but it's far more user friendly than Goodreads or Facebook for sharing photos, project info., etc. Also, if you play with yarn, you are missing out if you are not on Ravelry.

Just go to Ravelry.com and search for Books on the Nightstand -- you'll find the group. Hope to see you there.

Elizabeth i am am amature crocheter, but perhaps this site will motivate me to take on bigger and better projects. all i can make right now is a scarf.

Kathie | 21 comments Ravelry is a fabulous resource for sharing projects with friends, but even more for researching project ideas and materials. Thinking of knitting a certain pattern? You can usually browse through hundreds of pictures of that pattern made up, with commentary from the knitters. Very helpful!

Chris (buggyknits) | 1 comments oooh! I'll look up the group on ravelry. Now my two favourite things are coming together.

Sharman (DSEI) | 36 comments I am already on Ravelry and excited to hear this news. Anything promoting fiber arts is wonderful to hear about. I have a fear that the craft of fiber arts is losing some generations to on-line gaming, texting...

Marné (heylucy) | 21 comments my favorite worlds are colliding! I'm going to join right now, thanks Ann!

Linda | 1487 comments Mod
Is there a yarntopia in our future or is it knit one, book two?

Julie M (woolyjooly) | 107 comments Ann wrote: "Since I talked about knitting on today's podcast (ep 166), I have heard from a few listeners who are also knitters. I've started a BOTNS group over on Ravelry (a site for fiber-holics) to share our..."

Yippee! Like an earlier poster said "my two favorite worlds are colliding!" (books and knitting). I actually made friends with Michael's wife on Ravelry, after he mentioned (on a GoodReads group) our mutual interest! This was back in '08. I am woolyjooly on Rav. and a constant and passionate knitter.

Linda wrote: "Is there a yarntopia in our future or is it knit one, book two?"

I like the way you think!

Julie wrote: "Ann wrote: "Since I talked about knitting on today's podcast (ep 166), I have heard from a few listeners who are also knitters. I've started a BOTNS group over on Ravelry (a site for fiber-holics) ..."

Julie, you were already in my Rav friends. We must have had this conversation a couple of years ago!

Cynthia Fry | 2 comments Yay! I have looked over there several times for a fan group. Rushing over to join!

Jana (Jazziegirl2010) | 298 comments I'd love to check out Ravelry. My kitting has been dormant this winter, but every time I get around one of my 2 older sisters (both live in other states), it is rekindled and I come home with something new. Latest is a beautiful alpaca skein waiting to be made into something. I have an Irish wool sweater (Aran?)that I still can't believe I made! It's 3 sizes too big; it's beautiful and it's the warmest thing I own.

Shona | 161 comments You all have inspired me to find my knitting needles again....haven't picked them up in about 12 years....I think I may have to go by a beginners knitting book to get back into it :)

Leigh (knittingyogini) | 1 comments LOL. I found the podcast from a recommendation on Ravelry (audiobook knitter's group.) Seems appropriate that I should go join the BOTNS group, too.

Leigh, how funny and cool! Thanks for telling us where you heard about BOTNS. I joined the Audiobook Knitters Rav group the other day but haven't had a chance to check out the posts yet.

Sarah Cubitt (prettygreeneyes) | 10 comments I also think it's a fantastic idea, thanks Ann! Will definitely join. Lovely to find fellow knitters as well as fellow book lovers :)

Cherylann | 11 comments I actually heard about Goodreads and consequently BOTNS from Ravelry. I'm heading over to Rav to check out the new group. My knitting has been mostly socks, hats, and mittens this winter. After a huge blitz to get Christmas stuff done, I've all but stopped my needles. Time to get motivated - the fiber like my books are piling up!

Janeen K (JaneenK) | 1 comments Thanks Ann will check this on Ravelry,

Jaime | 1 comments Great idea! Just wanted to add another "hurray!" from an ardent reader/knitter.

unread topics | mark unread