Jennifer L Armentrout Addicts Anonymous discussion

Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)
This topic is about Half-Blood
Covenant Series > Book 1 - Half-Blood

Comments (showing 1-50 of 66) (66 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (last edited Nov 19, 2012 05:58AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2201 comments Mod
Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Book 1 in the Covenant Series

The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.

- Released on: October 18, 2011

message 2: by Cassandra (last edited Feb 09, 2012 04:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cassandra (CassMarie) | 119 comments I just finished Half Blood and it was freakin' amazing. I will openly admit that I definitely cried at the end.

oh Cassandra you are not the only one. I cried too

Harshini  Ramanujam (watchmeread) | 85 comments Tempted to see spoiler.......
Started reading Half-Blood!

It's not really a spoiler harshini, it doesn't spoil anything

Harshini  Ramanujam (watchmeread) | 85 comments oh yeah saw it. Why is it under spoiler tags?

I don't really know LOL
Maybe because it hints that something sad is to come?

Harshini  Ramanujam (watchmeread) | 85 comments Yeah that isn't much of a spoiler. I am thinking of so many sad endings now!

lol I know. When I say I cried at a book it's no spoiler because I'm a big baby and cry at most things LOL

Cassandra (CassMarie) | 119 comments Yeah.. I didn't want anyone to know it was going to be sad.. sorry about that. I'll delete the spoiler tags. :)

lol it's okay, it was very considerate of you. It's better to add spoiler tags to a non-spoilery comment than not spoiler tagging something majorly spoilery.

Harshini  Ramanujam (watchmeread) | 85 comments Lol! But I cry too, especially when a series gets over.

I cry at everything LOL

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) I just finished this today so I'm no longer afraid to creep into the thread. It didn't blow me away as much as Obsidian did. But I do wonder if it would have blown me away had I not read Obsidian first. If that makes sense? Because it's still an awesome, awesome read, with great characters and plot, decent pacing and writing. But I do think she's set herself a truly high bar in Obsidian and if she can top that? I'm excited to see what she produces next. :o)

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) Oh, and I didn't cry at the end, but it was depressing.

I cried at the end of this. I bawled throughout Pure tho. Heartbreaking the second book.

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) Yikes. I'm excited to read on. There's just so much potential for what could be to come. :o)

I'll send it over as soon as I get it and have re-read it =)

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) Whoooo. Thanks, Kay. :o)

Christie Rich | 160 comments So I just bought this and I am now wondering, do I read Daimon first or Halfblood?

Jennifer (random jendsmit) (jendsmit) | 88 comments I read Daimon first but it isn't necessary to read Daimon first - Daimon gives you more background into the beginning... but it isn't a necessary read before you start HB

Christie Rich | 160 comments Thanks Jennifer!

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) Christie, I read Daimon first and I was glad I did when I got to Half Blood. The opening pace of Half Blood is slower than Obsidian because there's a lot more world building and details the reader needs to know. Having read Daimon first really helped absorb it all easier for me. :o)

Yea I really liked reading Daimon before I started Half-Blood. I would recommend it but it's not necessary if you don't want to

Lola (LolasReviews) I actually started with half-blood, read the first few chapters and then realized that there was a prequel and then read that before continuing half-blood. The events in daimon are summarized in half-blood, but it is still nice to read those events just like they happened.

Christie Rich | 160 comments Thanks you guys. I'll start Daimon first.

Cassandra (CassMarie) | 119 comments Hey everyone.. just wanted to let you know that I'm giving away an ebook copy of Half-Blood over on my blog.. figured it would get my blog some views.. and hopefully some new JLA fans as well!

http://cassreviews.blogspot.com/

do you have twitter you should tweet it and add @JLArmentrout and she'll probably retweet it

Cassandra (CassMarie) | 119 comments Great idea, thanks a bunch!

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) OCD Kay {K-Books} wrote: "do you have twitter you should tweet it and add @JLArmentrout and she'll probably retweet it"

Dammit, Kay! Quit ruining my chances everywhere! :p

sorry hahaha

Lucia (Calwen) | 121 comments I just finished Half-Blood yesterday and I have to say that JLA is truly an amazing author. It was amazing book, but I still love Lux series more. I cannot wait to read Pure though

Kat (KatTatham) | 296 comments Lucia wrote: "I just finished Half-Blood yesterday and I have to say that JLA is truly an amazing author. It was amazing book, but I still love Lux series more. I cannot wait to read Pure though"

I know I love JLA!! i always preferred the lux series over the covenant series, but I think deity is meant to be amazing! so I cannot wait to read it!!!

Covenant is my favourite

Jessica (Just a Booklover) (JustaBooklover) | 33 comments So, I'm currently reading Half-Blood, and, um...I never knew it was possible to love Jen any more than I already did. Until now that is. Is this book great, or what?

♥Jessica(:

Kat (KatTatham) | 296 comments It is great and it gets better with every book!!!!! Jennifer is awesome her books are epic!!

Jessica, you think Half-Blood is good? Wait until you get to Deity (book 3) it is EPIC!
This is my favourite series ever

Maira | 148 comments mine too. iam to the point of obsession with this series.

Me too I have read Daimon, Half-Blood, Pure 10 times and Deity and Elixir 5

Maira | 148 comments i have practically learnt all of them by heart :)
hehehehe my sister says iam crazy.
i have this series in my e reader all the time so when iam boared they are my companions and keep me insane ;)

Maira | 148 comments oh sorry i meant sane ;)

Allyssa (AmieIsole) Where is everyone reading elixir at??

Maira | 148 comments i was going to ask the same thing.

Kat (KatTatham) | 296 comments You mean where to get it? You mean you haven't read it!!!??? Ok follow link now you must read it like right now http://www.site.spencerhillpress.com/...

Jessica (Just a Booklover) (JustaBooklover) | 33 comments I finished Half-Blood! Here's my review if you wnat to see: justabooklover.blogspot.com/2012/11/r...

I'm Team Seth right now. And the book was epic. I started ure yesterday, so I'm all happy :)

message 46: by Natalee (last edited Nov 12, 2012 03:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Natalee | 93 comments you won't be after Deity and denfinitely not after Elixir....Team Aiden :D

Allyssa (AmieIsole) Yeah I finished deity last night thank you <3

Maira, I have them all on my e-reader and I have the arcs and my own pre-ordered copies and signed copies of every single JLA book.

Jessica... I don't understand. Why are you Team Seth? I HATE HIM! I have always hated him. I never understood what people see in him. It is obvious that everything he does is for his own gain. He doesn't have feelings for Alex, he pretends to get what he wants! I F-ING HATE HIM!

Maira | 148 comments i want a signed copy too *pout*
iam definitely on team aiden

message 50: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (last edited Nov 13, 2012 11:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

lol Maira I have signed copy and swag for all of her books. Being Jen's number one fan has it's perks =D

« previous 1

Jennifer L Armentrout Addicts Anonymous

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Half-Blood (other topics)