Reading the Chunksters discussion

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)
This topic is about A Game of Thrones
Completed Chunksters > Game of Thrones 05: Arya, Daenerys, Bran, Eddard, Jon

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kristi (KristiColeman) | 1052 comments Mod
Ooooh...its getting good! Thoughts on this week?

Catherine (catsmeeow) | 59 comments Wow go Daenerys! It sounds like her life is still kind of sucky, but at least she definitely has carved a position of power away from her brother. I thought it was a pretty intense moment when Daenerys finally realizes how full of hot air her brother is and how little substance he has: "all the dragons are dead."

I loved the Jon section. He's really growing into a hero and protector of the underdogs. He's upkeeping justice and integrity in a bleak environment full of bullies.

Heather (hev_uk) Catherine wrote: "Wow go Daenerys! It sounds like her life is still kind of sucky, but at least she definitely has carved a position of power away from her brother. I thought it was a pretty intense moment when Da..."

I think Daenerys is one of the most interesting characters. She's gone from timid and being sold by her brother to a women with power over a group of people, a companion in her husband and a possible future child. You start feeling sorry for her but realise that she has managed to make the best of what should be an awful situation. I hope she ends up happy.

Ellen Librarian (EllenLibrarian) | 136 comments I'm intrigued with Sam. I have a feeling he will turn into an important good guy.

message 5: by Amy (last edited Feb 10, 2012 10:29AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy (Bibliocrates) | 147 comments Catherine, I was also very excited about Dany standing up to her brother. Also, she seems to enjoy her nights with her husband now, tee hee! She went from girl to woman in such short time. I can't believe she is only fourteen!

I think my favorite part of this section was Eddard allowing Arya to be herself and give her "dancing" lessons with her Needle. :D

I'm nervous about Tyrion being at Winterfell. I hope Bran really does get to learn how to ride a horse with a specially made saddle.

I am moving forward. There is no way I can stretch this out until April.

Deana (ablotial) | 276 comments I absolutely loved the first two chapters of this section.

Arya's was so great - glad she is finally getting some understanding from her father and he finally sat down and explained to her why some of this stuff is important, even though it isn't fun. And the part at the end where she gets to take a REAL sword lesson almost made me tear up from happiness! Yeah, I'm lame.

And of course, Dany's, you've all gone into why that was great, there is no reason for me to repeat :P

Bran's chapter made me so sad. He must be miserable. I wonder if the part where he is mumbling about not hearing anything in his sleep means he really does have a memory of what happened but is afraid to tell, or if that's just a subconsious thing. I hope he really does get to ride, but at this point I'm not sure about trusting Tyrion's saddle ... A few sections ago I would have trusted Tyrion without question but now? Hm.

Nothing to exciting from Eddard's chapter I thought - I guess it is necessary to move the story along but eh.

And finally Jon. He definitely does have a good heart despite the mistreatment from Catelyn. I wonder what will become of Sam there - seems like he will have trouble with this job given his nature, but maybe the boys will be able to break him now that they have gained his trust.

Martha (marthas48) Loved the chapter on Dany and so glad she has figured out her brother & stood up to him. I don't think he'll just let this go though. Such an evil person. Ser Jorah appears to be a good friend to her. I hope this is true.

I am worried about Eddard & the girls ... they are not in a safe place with all the deception and trickery. If the Lannisters killed the former Hand, how safe are they here. And where is King Robert? It doesn't seem that the King's Hand sees much of the King, does it?

Sera | 271 comments Martha wrote: "Loved the chapter on Dany and so glad she has figured out her brother & stood up to him. I don't think he'll just let this go though. Such an evil person. Ser Jorah appears to be a good friend to h..."

I know, Martha! The King doesn't come off as much of a ruler at all. He is too busy drinking, womanizing and hunting - after that, there's not much time for ruling.

Martha (marthas48) And eating!! I think he does some serious eating. LOL

Sera | 271 comments Martha wrote: "And eating!! I think he does some serious eating. LOL"

Indeed! LOL

unread topics | mark unread