SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Raziel (The Fallen, #1)
This topic is about Raziel
Archive: BOM & Challenges > [Mar 2012] "Raziel" Discussion **Spoilers**

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Steph (Angel4492) | 21335 comments This is the discussion thread for our March BOM: Raziel by Kristina Douglas.
Spoilers Welcome Here

Please include in your discussion:
* Did you like the world building?
* Did you like the main characters? (If not, why?)
* Did you have a favorite quote or scene?
* Would you recommend the book to others?
* Do you plan on reading the rest of the series?

message 2: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1224 comments This looks really interesting. I will be reading this.

* Did you like the world building?
* Did you like the main characters? (If not, why?)
* Did you have a favorite quote or scene?
* Would you recommend the book to others?
* Do you plan on reading the rest of the series?

message 3: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Steph (Angel4492) | 21335 comments I hope you enjoy it, Leslie! I've had it for a while and keep meaning to start the series. Hopefully I'll have time in March.

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 1179 comments I just finished this one over the weekend. It was okay not great. I don't think that I'll be reading anymore in the series. The world building was okay but the characters were far to stubborn and not enough action in it for me till the end.

message 5: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Steph (Angel4492) | 21335 comments Hi, Jenne. It does seem to have mixed 3-5★ ratings. I have it, but haven't gotten to it yet.

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 1179 comments Yea it does I had two friends highly recommend it but it just didn't do it for me.

message 7: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Steph (Angel4492) | 21335 comments I'll have to remember to pop back here when I finally read it.

Cris S. (bleunween) | 26 comments oh my! I remember I didn't like it much, gave 2 stars, but since September 2011 I have read so many books already that I can't remember. I just know I wanted to read the following books lol (curiousity killed the cat, right?)

message 9: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Steph (Angel4492) | 21335 comments LOL! Couldn't have been too terrible if you wanted to read the following books. But, I know what you mean, I've been left wondering sometimes if book #1 just has first book syndrome and the following books would improve or not.

message 10: by Cris (new) - rated it 2 stars

Cris S. (bleunween) | 26 comments probably you're right lol will have to re-read it to know for sure :p

message 11: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Steph (Angel4492) | 21335 comments ;)

message 12: by Julianne (last edited Mar 20, 2012 01:17PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Julianne | 354 comments I enjoyed it well enough. The characters were definitely annoyingly stubborn, and it was fairly slow moving. But I was interested enough to read it in a day...that's gotta count for something right? lol
I will read the next ones on the series though not right away.

message 13: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma (Jellicoe112) | 5 comments Finished this book in one afternoon but only because I hoped it would improve by the end (it did). The first couple of chapters moved along quite well, but I felt the story did stall after that but picked up again in the last 3 chapters. That being said, I liked the heroine's sarcastic wit when she was sparing with the hero. Didn't get much of a feel for the other characters in this book so I haven't got an acute need to search out and buy the next in the series. Most of the book was taken up by the hero's angst and he got quite annoying in places. Would rate the book a 3.

message 14: by Leah (new) - rated it 2 stars

Leah | 500 comments Emma wrote: "Finished this book in one afternoon but only because I hoped it would improve by the end (it did). The first couple of chapters moved along quite well, but I felt the story did stall after that bu..."

I second this!!
I only gave the book 2 stars. I felt like the story really stalled out, I had to force myself to keep going. For my tastes, I need a little bit more action and a little less inner-dialogue than this book had.

With so many other books out there waiting to be read, I don't think I will try the next one in the series.

Also, did anyone else get irritated at how often the book mentioned that Allie is not a stick-thin woman?? I think if her 'voluptuous curves' were described one more time I would have had to throw the book at a wall! I get it, she's not model thin!!! And this is coming from me, who definitely isn't skinny ;)

message 15: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Steph (Angel4492) | 21335 comments I'm listening to this one now. It's okay, nothing terrible, nothing original. Allie's reactions to thinks, like her thoughts being read by Raziel, crack me up. I'm 1/2 thru; I'll pop back once I've finished.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Raziel (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kristina Douglas (other topics)