Mock Printz 2018 discussion

Schneider Family Book Award

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (mombo1) | 8 comments I'm the librarian at a school for the deaf, so I have a particular interest in books that relate to the disability experience. Of course, the Schneider Family Book Award isn't as popular as the Printz, but I wonder if anyone else would be interested in a thread or maybe even a separate group to follow potential Schneider Award books?
http://www.ala.org/ala/awardsgrants/a...

message 2: by Miz Lizzie (new)

Miz Lizzie | 2 comments I'd be interested but I think it would be better served as a separate group. I've been taking sign language classes and was thrilled when Wonderstruck was one of the Schneider winners.

message 3: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn | 9 comments As an ongoing member of the Schneider jury, I can't participate in the discussion; however, I would be interested in hearing about any titles you would like to suggest that we consider. Please let me know if you turn this into a separate group so I can follow it there. And thanks for the shout out for WONDERSTRUCK. I loved it, too.

message 4: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (LibraryFanatic) | 6 comments Did you begin a new group? I'd be interested in joining and following. As a former special Ed teacher, I'm always drawn to these books. Of course, I've already read next year's winner. I just finished WONDER. :)

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (mombo1) | 8 comments Yes, I did set up a new group! Look for "Schneider Family Book Award." I'm glad others share this interest!

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Russo (librelearning) | 2 comments I agree with Sherry! WONDER was Wonderful!

unread topics | mark unread