New Yorkers discussion

Holidays in New York

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andy (new)

Andy  | 17 comments Yesterday I had the pleasure of working security during the Thanksgiving Day parade. I met a gentleman from Brooklyn, NY who has been photographing the parade for 47 consecutive years, a woman from Syracus, NY affiliated with the Oneida Indian Nation who was witnessing/participating in the parade for the first time. A great group of families from North carolina. I also helped a woman flag bearer from Orlando Fla, who was a little winded from the parade and carrying the the Irish Flag (made sure it never hit the ground). But the best pleasure I had was volunteering to take pictures of families who stood in the middle of Broadway with Times Square in the backround. NYC is such a special place because of the people from around the world who come.

message 2: by Andy (new)

Andy  | 17 comments This time of year everyone is in such great spirits. People from around the world are coming in to see Manhattan. My own informal survey shows most tourist are from England

message 3: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (confidenceinrain) | 5 comments We always go to the Christmas Revels. It's so much fun.

unread topics | mark unread