Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #12) Lothaire discussion

What did you think of this story?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 103) (103 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by ßk☼lvr (last edited Feb 02, 2012 01:59PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

ßk☼lvr [1] I listened to the audiobook, and DO NOT recommend! The narrator did a fabulous job on Lothaire, but completely ruined Ellie. Which is why my opinion of this story is gonna be lower than it should be for a KC novel. [2] First half of story was verrrrry slow. Didn't get into what was going on until chapter 37. And then it slowed again until the end when Lothaire went to see "someone". [3] I expected more in a woman for the Enemy of Old...a lot more...certainly not Ellie. Even though she turned out to be somewhat ok. And [5] No matter my opinion, I will always support KC and anxiously await all her books!!!! Gonna re-read the page-by-page version, cause I think that'll make a big difference. I just love Lothaire!!!! ♥

message 2: by TJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

TJ I just finished Lothaire yesterday and absolutely love it! I think his book is my fav. out of the IAD series... tho I loved that whole series!

=^☺^=mskitty I think it was one of the best of the IAD series.

message 4: by TJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

TJ =^☺^=mskitty wrote: "I think it was one of the best of the IAD series."

I completely agree!!!

message 5: by Pam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pam Haven't read all of the series yet, have sort of been skipping around with it. But LOVED this story and now I hate I missed her book signing in the Dallas area last month. Kicking myself!!! Could of had a signed copy, but since I'd just started reading this author I really snoozed on that one! :((

message 6: by ßk☼lvr (last edited Feb 04, 2012 09:50AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

ßk☼lvr Reading the book [no audio] this 2nd time around: and muuuuuuch better! Marry "me" Lothaire!!! ♥ And I want Nix as my BFF... =] I hope KC mentions Lothaire & Ellie in other books, cause L is supposed to have a bunch of rugrats...and I wanna see him as a daddy!!

Dolly Markel I absolutely LOVED this book. In fact, I liked it so much that it's been hard for me to find another book to read. Nothing seems as good....

message 8: by Lin (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lin L It is very different when you read vs audio! I loved it!

Fernanda Bomtempo-Marzo I loved it!!!! It was one of the best. I can't wait till Nix's story.

ßk☼lvr Lin wrote: "It is very different when you read vs audio! I loved it!"

And I usually love audio!! But in this situation, reading it page-by-page is where it's at. ;)

Vassi I liked it, especially liked the fact that Lothaire was still a "bad" boy and that he had no clue how to deal with this new situation, being in love and all...I will love to read the spin off series as well, I think this is where we will see more of him and Ellie, and not IAD series, but who knows...

Tempvs the best book ever!!!

ßk☼lvr Vassi wrote: "I liked it, especially liked the fact that Lothaire was still a "bad" boy and that he had no clue how to deal with this new situation, being in love and all...I will love to read the spin off serie..."

There's going to be a spin-off series??? Do tell!

Vassi Yes, about the Dacia Shadow's Claim these are the newfound vampire kingdome of Lothaire :)

Tonia Vassi wrote: "Yes, about the Dacia Shadow's Claim these are the newfound vampire kingdome of Lothaire :)"

Oooh! That is going to be great! I can't wait!

ßk☼lvr Sooooo looking forward to a new vampire series from Kresley!!!! Thank you for the info!

Vassi Yeah, me too, although I did not pay them much attention in this book, I was too focused on Lothaire

Dolly Markel Does anyone know if Shadow's Claim (Kresley Cole's new series) is supposed to be a YA book? I've read that here and there, and I'm just wondering... Personally, I'm hoping it's not.

Vassi I do not know, but with the "blooding" of her vampires and all- I do not think it is suitable for YA. After all, Dacia are just like her "other" vampires, and the main clue about their "bride" is that they can have sex again /oh, OK, and their heart beats, but who cares about their heart/ and this is the main idea of the plot. I hope it is not YA, I just cannot imagine how it can be

Sarah Denier A great book is one that you can read a gazillion times and still love it. This book is definitely that! This was the first one of the series i read so i went and got more. This one is my favorite!

message 21: by Pam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pam I have read some of the others and this one is my favorite to date also. Will probably be re-reading it. ;)

Moonlight I love the IAD series. But Lothaire is just too evil for me to route for him to get the girl. Poor girl!

Terri Austin I loved Lothaire. Now I need my Nix fix.

Latania Reading it and Loving it

message 25: by Zarah (new)

Zarah i love this book too but ..dont u think its a little bit umm .... graphic??

message 26: by Lily (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lily Pilly TJ wrote: "I just finished Lothaire yesterday and absolutely love it! I think his book is my fav. out of the IAD series... tho I loved that whole series!"

I can't wait for Kresley's next books....had to start collecting her series
;)

April Vaughan This is one of my all time favorite books. I loved loved looooved it.

Nuran I thought it was the best I've read, and I normally find series get worse as they go along. I really liked Ellie, especially when she didn't cower and tried to fight lothaire when he kidnapped her, when others would be scared. I liked the fact that it was Lothaire that was the biggest threat to Ellie, and the only thing that can save her is himself. I think Ellie just being human added to the threat Lothaire was to her, adding to the tension. Loved it!!!

Moonlight I didn't care for this one as much as the others.

Cynthia Loved it, but Hunger Like no other is STILL number one to me

Stacey When she sent him her middle finger....PRICELESS! I loved it! But I do wonder if the new series is going to be YA. I have heard a lot and most say that it is, which would be disappointing.

message 32: by Lily (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lily Pilly Stacey wrote: "When she sent him her middle finger....PRICELESS! I loved it! But I do wonder if the new series is going to be YA. I have heard a lot and most say that it is, which would be disappointing."

hahahahhaaaaaa I loved Nix's explaination about the "middle finger" to Lothaire

8D

Amanda Definitely a new love! Lothaire was such a punk until he got wrapped around Ellie's little finger lol. There were times where I wanted to punch him lol but I think that just made him more real :) A real "Bad Boy" that turned to putty in the "Good Girl's" hands :D

message 34: by Jodi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jodi Loved it!! Great Read!!

message 35: by Lily (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lily Pilly Amanda wrote: "Definitely a new love! Lothaire was such a punk until he got wrapped around Ellie's little finger lol. There were times where I wanted to punch him lol but I think that just made him more real :) ..."

Exactly!!! I love this bad boy who turned into putt...I voted his story as the best paranormal book for this year
;)

Laura Lothaire, is an awesome Vampire and Love story to read... throughout his story I found myself cheering and cursing at him because of how Lotharie viewed everything that happened to him including Ellie, whom I felt was his perfect match (Mate) by the end of his/their story... :)

Sandra ~aka vamp gal~ Amanda wrote: "Definitely a new love! Lothaire was such a punk until he got wrapped around Ellie's little finger lol. There were times where I wanted to punch him lol but I think that just made him more real :) ..."

I agree! Couldn't have put it any better. My fav type of Male Character :)

message 38: by Lily (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lily Pilly I nominated his book as the best paranormal romance for 2012
8)
8)

Laura Lily wrote: "I nominated his book as the best paranormal romance for 2012
8)
8)"

Lily; I did the same for the book awards, and yes, I could not get enough Lothaire and all his male Madness! :)

message 40: by Lily (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lily Pilly Laura wrote: "Lily wrote: "I nominated his book as the best paranormal romance for 2012
8)
8)"

Lily; I did the same for the book awards, and yes, I could not get enough Lothaire and all his male Madness! :)"

I know what you mean!!!! He is so adorable and naughty
;)

Tasha I hated it. Lothaire was an ass and Ellie deserved someone else.

Melissa I hated Ellie. HATED HER. That notwithstanding, I still enjoyed the book.

message 43: by Lily (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lily Pilly I though, Lothaire was initially not our average knight in shining armour but that was part of the charm of this story because of his hugke soul search and correct his wrongdoings ( in my opinion, anyway)... ellie was just perfect for him...he needed a survivor to survive his wrongdoings at the beginning..
8)

Adoore Tasha wrote: "I hated it. Lothaire was an ass and Ellie deserved someone else."

Totally agree with you. I loved the book but hated Ellie.

Tasha Adoore wrote: "Tasha wrote: "I hated it. Lothaire was an ass and Ellie deserved someone else."

Totally agree with you. I loved the book but hated Ellie."

I actually liked Ellie. She was the only part of the book I liked. Lothaire was an ass and I was glad when she nearly decapitated him. Saroya was just dumb and useless.

message 46: by Komal (new) - rated it 1 star

Komal Story? What story? WHY IN THE WORLD IS TRASH LIKE THIS EVEN OPEN FOR RATING?

message 47: by Lily (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lily Pilly ...anyway back to Lothaire for those who liked the book, I liked Ellie too 'cos she was not frightened of him....liked the way she posted him her finger...that kind of tickled me
;)

Lopita I only read 4 books in this series and this book was one of them and I like it more than the others

message 49: by Evie (new) - rated it 3 stars

Evie Jayne It was a bit of a let down to be honest, though I did like the way Lothaire's madness was portrayed. I think K.C's writing has been getting weaker in the last couple of IAD books, but in saying that I just read the first Dacians book and she was back with a vengeance.

Gladys Turner I loved this book..it's the only one on the IAD that I've given 5 stars

« previous 1 3

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Lothaire (other topics)
Shadow's Claim (other topics)