Audiobooks discussion

Promotions > Promotion guidelines

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by John, Moderator (last edited Feb 01, 2012 01:24PM) (new)

John | 3292 comments Mod
Starting today, all new promotions for giveaways, contests, etc. go in this folder. Each offer, even if from the same source, should have a separate thread if there are different rules or dates. Headers should indicate whether it's a free book offer, a contest, etc. Finally, please indicate start/end dates, if applicable; if the first X number of responses get a free copy, please edit the thread to indicate the offer is no longer available, and try to let moderators know so we can lock the thread.

Thanks for anticipated cooperation on this!

P. S. After a phase-in period, promotions made elsewhere will be locked (or deleted), with the poster told to try again in the correct folder.

message 2: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (ShirleytheKindlereader) | 558 comments John
Thanks for being dedicated to this group.

message 3: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 3292 comments Mod
No problem, Shirley. I have read stories of ... problems, shall we say, that other groups encounter, and this one has never, ever had anything remotely close to those! We should be thanking the members, who pretty much self-run things here.

message 4: by MissSusie (new)

MissSusie | 1593 comments So does this include freebies at audible that we run across?

message 5: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 3292 comments Mod
Susie - thanks for asking, but I'm going to say no. If an Audible rep wanted to post their stuff on behalf of the company, then I'd say yes.

message 6: by MissSusie (new)

MissSusie | 1593 comments Ok thanks John!

message 7: by binter (new)

binter | 213 comments Great! Love this idea.

Just to clarify - this is NOT for Audible freebies and we should continue to post those in the general section, right?

Also, is it ok to continue adding those Audible freebies to the existing thread?
Free Audible downloads

(I would prefer that vs having a new thread for each one but will defer to others judgement.)

message 8: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie | 1094 comments If an offer is only available to those living in a given country, I would appreciate that this be indicated.

message 9: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 3292 comments Mod
Thank you, Chrissie - I had forgotten to include that!

Alief - yes, you can keep updating the same existing thread.

message 10: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 3292 comments Mod
bumping the thread

unread topics | mark unread