Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Silent in the Grave (Lady Julia Grey, #1)
This topic is about Silent in the Grave
Feb 2012: Silent in the Grave > Book announcement for the February 27th (8pm PST) VF Hangout!

Comments (showing 51-74 of 74) (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 2 next »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 51: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Felicia (feliciaday) | 726 comments Mod
Jamie wrote: "Finished yesterday morning and I have to agree with Dawn. It was a nice diversion. It reminded me more of a straight up turn of the century mystery like a Nell Sweeney."
Love Nell Sweeney! I read ONE of them, not the rest, does the romance get better/!?!

Eperdu | 26 comments I picked up the Kindle version today--anticipating that I'd enjoy it, I picked up the 3-book set which was only a few dollars more than the single book. Now I can just keep reading straight through the three books.

So far, love the writing style and the cleanliness of it. It's not hard to wrap your mind around and it's not stuffy. I'm only a few chapters in so can't say much more than that!

message 53: by Gail (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gail Aimee wrote: "I've already read this one but would love to discuss it! Raybourn is a cool author. :-)"

I agree, Aimee, I love Deanna's books!

Jamie (EmmaPeel007) | 55 comments @Felicia Just downloaded the 2nd Nell Sweeney a couple days ago. At 14% and no sign of romance yet, but I know what to (or rather not to) expect. I adore Nell - I'm a sucker for strong Irish women with a murky past and a healthy dose of street-smarts. I won't be too, too disappointed if there's not much past longing between Nell and Will this time around again as long as he makes an appearance. What is up with those Byronesque romantic junkies that get me every time?

message 55: by Rune (last edited Feb 13, 2012 11:49AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rune | 40 comments have really enjoyed it so far, will probably have finished it in the next day or so :D

message 56: by MAJK (new) - added it

MAJK | 57 comments Finished it Just before hubby kidnapped me for a getaway! The story was engaging enough that I bought the next two. I like Strong female characters - Julia's caught between what she is and what society says she should be and that was communicated nicely. Looking forward to the hangout.

message 57: by Arroyo0 (new)

Arroyo0 Going to have to pass on this book, I'm just not in the mood for Victorian fantasy/Alt-Hist. It's not that I don't like the genre, Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell was good, but my preference is Classic or Urban fantasy.

Shannon (shananigan) | 15 comments Fished the other day :)
Hope I can watch the google hangout from my phone :)

message 59: by Keith (new)

Keith (Teleport-City) | 0 comments Ack! I'm still working on Empire State for that other book club. But I did pick up all three Julia Grey books for $8 or so on Kindle. Technology!

Laura | 111 comments Oooo..I need to ask...Is it going to be recorded again like the first Hangout was?

I'm on the other side of the globe (Australia) so it's a high possiblity.

message 61: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura wrote: "Oooo..I need to ask...Is it going to be recorded again like the first Hangout was?

I'm on the other side of the globe (Australia) so it's a high possiblity."

Yes we'll record it and upload it to YouTube after just like the last one!

message 62: by Laura (last edited Feb 18, 2012 05:45PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Laura | 111 comments Awesome :D

Should a list be created here for possible questions besides the ones being asked in the general chat that will be happening live?

message 63: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura wrote: "Awesome :D

Should a list be created here for possible questions besides the ones being asked in the general chat that will be happening live?"

We might create a separate thread for that day-of, lemee talk to Kiala about it!

message 64: by MAJK (new) - added it

MAJK | 57 comments Emma wrote: "MAJK wrote: "page 214 - and I completely adore Fleur! She's darling! I so hope she and Julia become good friends!"

I just got there too! Lovely! And may I have some rose balm please? :)"

I know right - can we get the ingredients ;)

Bonnie Burton (Bonniegrrl) | 28 comments Mod
ooops! I accidently deleted someone's comment here instead of mine. DAMN MY ADMIN POWERS!

So please repost your comment if it looks like it's missing!

Fantastic Books (MissChocobo) | 33 comments Do we know what the next book will be? I missed this one and i only have this weekend to go out of town to get me a new shiny book >.<

message 67: by Tina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tina (tinabluebee) | 28 comments Disappointed this is at 12am my time (damn east coast!)!

message 68: by Fred (new) - rated it 1 star

Fred Fisher | 22 comments You might want to read this. I'm sure it doesn't apply to most of us, but who knows how far this ban will extend? http://www.zdnet.com/blog/violetblue/...

Fantastic Books (MissChocobo) | 33 comments Tina wrote: "Disappointed this is at 12am my time (damn east coast!)!"

Its at 4am over here in the uk!

message 70: by Fred (new) - rated it 1 star

Fred Fisher | 22 comments Too late in the Midwest too.

Fantastic Books (MissChocobo) | 33 comments i just hope its uploaded onto youtube real quick so i can watch it on there if i don't fancy getting up at 4am

message 72: by Mary (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mary (bked317) | 16 comments I'll have to miss it, too, but I'm glad we can listen to it later.

message 73: by Kim (last edited Feb 29, 2012 12:36PM) (new)

Kim  (Picklepea) | 1 comments Yup! Us UK book lovers have to wait for the video upload - but that's okay :D...Was just embarrassing last night as watching on my PC and my husbands friend walked past and smirked at the title - he is a minister...cringe ;)

message 74: by Fred (new) - rated it 1 star

Fred Fisher | 22 comments Kim wrote: "Fred wrote: "You might want to read this. I'm sure it doesn't apply to most of us, but who knows how far this ban will extend? http://www.zdnet.com/blog/violetblue/......"

Hope you have recovered.

« previous 1 2 next »

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The List of Seven (other topics)
Anno Dracula (other topics)
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell (other topics)
Empire State (other topics)