Shut Up & Read discussion

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
This topic is about The Hunger Games
Archives > Hunger Games Countdown!

Comments (showing 1-49 of 49) (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheri, Princess of Power (last edited Jan 31, 2012 08:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri | 9459 comments Mod
description

Movie comes out March 23! Who is going to go see it?

What is your favorite part of the book?

Who is your favorite character?

message 2: by Sheri, Princess of Power (last edited Feb 03, 2012 10:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

saga (iyagi) I'm going to see it! I love all Peeta and Katniss scenes! My fav character is without a doubt Peeta!

message 4: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tanecia  (books101) | 3820 comments Mod
My favorite part of the book is the actual hunger games, and all the fighting of course and katniss being kick ass! Lol

My favorite character is Haymitch and katniss Everdeen

message 5: by Sheri, Princess of Power (last edited Jan 31, 2012 08:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

description

message 6: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lol they look really weird to me the only one that looks sort of right is Katniss.....what do ya'll think?

message 7: by Sheri, Princess of Power (last edited Jan 31, 2012 08:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah, Gale and Peeta aren't how I pictured them, but I think she makes a great Katniss :)

I guess they're close though...

saga (iyagi) I love Josh and Jennifer is a wonderful actress!

message 9: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah I love Jennifer Lawrence she's awesome! She's getting some pretty badass roles for being a somewhat beginner.

message 10: by saga (new) - rated it 5 stars

saga (iyagi) She sure is! I heard that she was amazing in Winter's Bone, I just didn't finish it..

message 11: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Haven't seen it but I have seen her in X-Men First Class as Mystic an she was pretty awesome.

message 12: by saga (new) - rated it 5 stars

saga (iyagi) Okay, I haven't seen X-Men First Class, but planing to. Is Nicholas Hoult good in that movie?

message 13: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 5 stars

X-Men was great!

message 14: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yes amazing! Loved it lol.

message 15: by saga (new) - rated it 5 stars

saga (iyagi) Good! Will see it as soon as possible!

Kel (Bookworm) (FaerieLover) | 111 comments Can't wait to see it!! I just hope it is as good as the book.

message 17: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas Moody I'm so excited! I don't know who's playing Haymitch though, but I know who would be really good!!!! That guy form house! Anyone agree?

message 18: by Sheri, Princess of Power (last edited Feb 01, 2012 09:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Woody Harrelson is playing Haymith!...I love him!!

description

message 19: by Maddison (new) - added it

Maddison (MaddisonBruce) | 553 comments I absolutely love Josh Hutcherson. He's just gorgeous. He seriously suits Peeta. The only one I don't think who suits is Katniss.

message 20: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maddison wrote: "I absolutely love Josh Hutcherson. He's just gorgeous. He seriously suits Peeta. The only one I don't think who suits is Katniss."

That's funny...I love everyone's differences of opinion. I think she's a good Katniss :)

Alycia Linwood (Alycia_Linwood) | 82 comments I can't wait for this movie! I wasn't really excited at first because none of the actors look like the characters look in my head, but now I'm getting used to it and I think they'll do just great.

message 22: by Jill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jill (prospecter) Nicholas wrote: "I'm so excited! I don't know who's playing Haymitch though, but I know who would be really good!!!! That guy form house! Anyone agree?"

You're right. House would have made an awesome Haymitch!

message 23: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 5 stars

Love House!!

Bridgett (bridgett-m) LOL I always pictured Haymitch as House!

message 25: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 5 stars

This video is so funny!!

The Hunger Pains

message 26: by Maddison (new) - added it

Maddison (MaddisonBruce) | 553 comments Sheri wrote: "Maddison wrote: "I absolutely love Josh Hutcherson. He's just gorgeous. He seriously suits Peeta. The only one I don't think who suits is Katniss."

That's funny...I love everyone's differences o..."

I agree. Everyone's different opinions are cool to know.

Katherine (Kat3swritingandu) | 3 comments i love the series my favorite part is when they first kiss, i love katniss and the way she is so oblivious to everything yet so smart and i cant wait to see josh with blonde hair

message 28: by Nicholas (last edited Feb 15, 2012 11:54AM) (new)

Nicholas Moody Effie Trinket looks good toohttp://www.zimbio.com/go/W1oQ7qs2-m4/...
Elizabeth Banks is who I thought would play her, with a little makeup she looks great!

Holly (booksandbeach) | 88 comments OMG! I can't wait for the movie! The characters for the movie look so close to what I imagined them to be! HA! I'm all giddy now! HAHAHAHAHA OMGOMGOMG

Melissa | BookBFF (harleybearbooks) I was reading Marie Lu's blog and she said that the Legend preview is going to be played as one of the previews before Hunger Games!!! I didn't realize it was already being made into a movie.

http://mree.deviantart.com/journal/

message 31: by Holly (last edited Mar 06, 2012 03:33PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Holly (booksandbeach) | 88 comments Melissa wrote: "I was reading Marie Lu's blog and she said that the Legend preview is going to be played as one of the previews before Hunger Games!!! I didn't realize it was already being made into a movie.

http..."

I think she said it was a book trailer, not a movie trailer, at least that's what it said. Oh but I wish it were a movie trailer!

Melissa | BookBFF (harleybearbooks) =( I got so excited haha I didn't even know they made book trailers, but it's still better than nothing!

Chelsea Denisse (chelseadenisse) | 22 comments What is your favorite part of the book? When Katniss and Peeta are about to eat the nightlock

Who is your favorite character? Katniss

message 34: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Herondale (KatShadowhunting) | 10 comments ahhh so excited! the closer it gets the move impatient i become. Here i have to wait till the 28th though..still..excited ;)
My favorite part of the book..never even thought of it hmm.well its random but when Katniss found Peeta camouflaged in the mud :) and when Peetaa realized that Haymitch was trying to save Katniss :'(
I loved Madge and Finnick <3 <3 <3 omg the heartbreak will never end!!
i love all the actors! perfect for the role! and its josh so im happy :3

message 35: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Herondale (KatShadowhunting) | 10 comments Sheri wrote: "Woody Harrelson is playing Haymith!...I love him!!

"

ahhh i love him too! but i hate the wig :/ i never imagined him blonde..i think he was in the book but i still didnt imagine him that way.but hes gonna do great!

message 36: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat wrote: "Sheri wrote: "Woody Harrelson is playing Haymith!...I love him!!

"
ahhh i love him too! but i hate the wig :/ i never imagined him blonde..i think he was in the book but i still didnt imagine him ..."

Lol I don't think that's a wig.... He dyed his hair for the role and I agree he is much good looking as a brunette.

Holly (booksandbeach) | 88 comments Melissa wrote: "=( I got so excited haha I didn't even know they made book trailers, but it's still better than nothing!"

True that!

message 38: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Holly wrote: "Melissa wrote: "=( I got so excited haha I didn't even know they made book trailers, but it's still better than nothing!"

True that!"

Lol

Juliana (JulezRussell) | 175 comments Midnight premier. Yes.

Candice (candicerae27) | 64 comments I CAN'T WAIT!!! I already have my tix- IMAX Boston, my sister is taking me for my B-Day! Yay im like counting down the days! We read the books together so its gonna b awesome!
Last yr she took me 2 c Wicked the play! We've read all of Gregory Maguire's books 2. Back 2 Hunger Games i can not wait!!! Best sister ever!

message 41: by Mel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mel | 14 comments I have bought tickets for two showings already!! I have been waiting forever for this movie :)
This is a random thought I have when I watch the trailers, but does anyone else think that haymitch and peeta look like they could be father and son or something? hahaha

I could never pick just one favorite part but I enjoy the series thoroughly.

Karina Kantas | 67 comments I'm only 50% through the book ( should finish it tonight) But I never imagined the characters to look the way they do in the film.

Bella and Edward were perfect, but Katniss and Petta, are not how I imagined they'd be.

Karen Wyle (kawyle) | 86 comments I'm uneasy about Jennifer Lawrence. From the previews, she seems a little soft. Katniss should look hungrier and tougher.

Deeann Murphy | 51 comments OMG - - Its almost time !!!! I can't wait much longer !!!

message 45: by Maddison (new) - added it

Maddison (MaddisonBruce) | 553 comments Me either Deeann!

Deeann Murphy | 51 comments Maddison wrote: "Me either Deeann!"
Maddison ---
Even though the movie comes out in a couple of days---I am going to wait until the first week in April when I am on springbreak to go see the movie --- can you believe it --- but I think just knowing if I have a moment of weakness and can't wait until springbreak that I will be able to run as fast as I can to the theater :)

Melissa | BookBFF (harleybearbooks) Karina - LadyHawk wrote: "I'm only 50% through the book ( should finish it tonight) But I never imagined the characters to look the way they do in the film.

Bella and Edward were perfect, but Katniss and Petta, are not ho..."

I know what you mean. That's why before I started reading the series I looked up the cast members of the movie and imagined them while reading so I wouldn't be disappointed when the movie came out.

Sigrid (SigridH) | 7 comments The movie is coming out 2 days earlier in The Netherlands!!!
I'm goin on the 21th of March!

I love Peeta!! <3

unread topics | mark unread