Goodreads Author Feedback Group discussion

Ask Goodreads > You can't add a comment because you are not friends...

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nell (new)

Nell Grey (nellgrey) OK, this is picky, I know, but every time I'm reading someone's profile and I arrive at the bottom of the page to see 'You can't add a comment because you are not friends' I feel annoyed. Not because I want to add a comment but because there are more friendly ways to convey this information.

How about 'Become so and so's friend to add a comment'? Perhaps GoodReads doesn't want to encourage indiscriminate friending, but there are already members with literally thousands of friends, so I think maybe it's too late to worry about that.

message 2: by Diane (new)

Diane Cornwell | 8 comments Hi Nell.

If you want picky, what about the advert that says "No Joke! You are our selected visitor today!"

Funny about that, but I have been their selected visitor every time I log onto this site. What is the advert about?

As I did not enter any contest how can I actually be a possible winner? I love the english language, using "possible" with the word winner. Either I am a winner or not. No "possible" about it. :-)

message 3: by Nell (new)

Nell Grey (nellgrey) I think that may be what's called 'bait and switch' - I only leaned about the trick recently - they set up a website with a hook that switches you to another when you click on it. The Internet is so two-faced :)

message 4: by Diane (new)

Diane Cornwell | 8 comments I agree. :-) Hope I never click on the link accidentally.

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Jecks (MichaelJecks) | 16 comments Diane wrote: "I agree. :-) Hope I never click on the link accidentally."

I keep hitting the damn thing accidentally - or at least rolling over. More and more sites seem to have areas where, if your cursor touches the thing, you're taken to a new tab, or a window opens, invariably with INCREDIBLY loud music that makes me practise the Olympic sitting leap vault, attempting to head-butt the ceiling.

I really dislike those adverts ...

message 6: by Lee (new)

Lee Broderick | 3 comments Michael wrote: "Diane wrote: "I agree. :-) Hope I never click on the link accidentally."

I keep hitting the damn thing accidentally - or at least rolling over. More and more sites seem to have areas where, if you..."

Hear hear.

unread topics | mark unread