James Patterson Book Club discussion

Private series

Comments (showing 1-46 of 46) (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Curlyhair (new)

Curlyhair | 49 comments Can anyone help me as I'm a bit confused? I've read Private and just bought (in paperback here in the UK) Private London. I am right in thinking this is the 2nd in the series? JP's website doesn't mention London. I know there is a Private Games but not sure if that is book 2. Private #1 Suspect is due out soon.
Any help appreciated.

message 2: by Lorie (new)

Lorie Garnett | 2 comments I have not heard of Private London. I thought that Private #1 Suspect was the second in the series. Could be that he penned a novel just for the UK? I'm in the US. Hope someone out there has a better answer for you!
Lorie

message 3: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (cindij) | 4 comments ON Fantastic Fiction's website http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/
it shows that "Private" and "Private #1 Suspect" are the 2 books in his Jack Morgan series .. released in 2010 and 2012 respectively...
Then he wrote "Private London"" and "Private Games" for another series --- Private ... those were released in 2011 &b 2012 ...

I love the Fantastic Fiction website just to help answer these questions ...

message 4: by Curlyhair (new)

Curlyhair | 49 comments Cindi wrote: "ON Fantastic Fiction's website http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/
it shows that "Private" and "Private #1 Suspect" are the 2 books in his Jack Morgan series .. released in 2010 and 2012 respectiv..."

Thanks for your help Cindi.
I'll look that web site up. I will also go and see who the characters are in Private London as I haven't started to read it yet - was going to wait a few weeks and take it on holiday with me as an easy read.
Amanda

message 5: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (cindij) | 4 comments Happy I could help...
If you like to read ...which why would you be on Goodreads if you didn't.. haha .. Fantastic Fiction is a great site to find comprehensive lists of an author's work.. in order of release/publication .. as well as keep up with the order of books in a series .. I use it ALL THE TIME !!

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky | 1 comments Curlyhair wrote: "Can anyone help me as I'm a bit confused? I've read Private and just bought (in paperback here in the UK) Private London. I am right in thinking this is the 2nd in the series? JP's website doesn'..."

Private is 1st
Private London is 2nd
Private games is 3rd
Private no.1 suspect comes out in April 2012

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (lboyd5900attnet) | 22 comments Thanks for clearing that up ladies - I was a little confused myself....

message 8: by Melinda (new)

Melinda | 24 comments Private #1 suspect came out last month and private games comes out Feburary 13th.

message 9: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Cindi wrote: "Happy I could help...
If you like to read ...which why would you be on Goodreads if you didn't.. haha .. Fantastic Fiction is a great site to find comprehensive lists of an author's work.. in ord..."

Thanks for the website suggestion. I just checked it out and found a few books I was missing in some series' i read.

message 10: by Lorie (new)

Lorie Garnett | 2 comments Cindi wrote: "Happy I could help...
If you like to read ...which why would you be on Goodreads if you didn't.. haha .. Fantastic Fiction is a great site to find comprehensive lists of an author's work.. in ord..."

I too am glad for the website info. Thanks!

message 11: by Sean (new)

Sean Biederman | 1 comments Check out the James Patterson Facebook page this week for the 'Private Games' Private Investigation Sweepstakes based on the latest book in Patterson's Private series featuring the most exclusive private investigation firm in the world run by ex-Marine Jack Morgan. Solve the mystery for a chance to win a trip to the UK this Summer.

https://www.facebook.com/jamespatters...
Private Games
James Patterson

message 12: by Curlyhair (new)

Curlyhair | 49 comments Sean wrote: "Check out the James Patterson Facebook page this week for the 'Private Games' Private Investigation Sweepstakes based on the latest book in Patterson's Private series featuring the most exclusive p..."

Thanks for the heads up Sean.

message 13: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnaenden) | 2 comments Just got done reading Private games and it was really good. Highly recommend to those that are reading this series.

message 14: by Curlyhair (new)

Curlyhair | 49 comments Finished Private London and really enjoyed it. It was a rollercoaster of a ride to read and some of it was predictible - but what JP books aren't.

message 15: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (lboyd5900attnet) | 22 comments I have not picked up this series yet.....

message 16: by Mark (new)

Mark | 3 comments Sorry Donna and Curlyhair. I've just finished Private London and I have to disagree. To me it was a poor book (at best).

message 17: by Marla (new)

Marla | 15 comments Although James Patterson's writing is predictable I still enjoy all of his books. I like his style and the fact that I can read a chapter (because they are so short) in my 15 minute coffee break. Sometimes I even get two read.

message 18: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 6 comments Donna wrote: "Just got done reading Private games and it was really good. Highly recommend to those that are reading this series."

Donna wrote: "Just got done reading Private games and it was really good. Highly recommend to those that are reading this series."

I just finished reading Private games good book!!!

message 19: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 6 comments Mark wrote: "Sorry Donna and Curlyhair. I've just finished Private London and I have to disagree. To me it was a poor book (at best)."

message 20: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 6 comments Andrea wrote: "Mark wrote: "Sorry Donna and Curlyhair. I've just finished Private London and I have to disagree. To me it was a poor book (at best).""

is private london only in uk?????

message 21: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Dubis | 3 comments I have read both books and I ave to say I thoroughly enjoyed the 1st in the series but did NOT like the second at all. Couldn't even finish it. The series just doesn't do it for me.

message 22: by Ripper (new)

Ripper | 1 comments Trying to figure out the proper sequence of these books myself, the James Patterson website lists them all as the "Private" series.

I don't believe their "timeline of cases solved" is the same as the publish dates though. Just to add more to the confusion...

http://www.jamespatterson.com/books_p...

message 23: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (cindij) | 4 comments Ripper wrote: "Trying to figure out the proper sequence of these books myself, the James Patterson website lists them all as the "Private" series.

I don't believe their "timeline of cases solved" is the same as ..."

Ripper,
I always go to the Fantastic Fiction http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/
when I am reading an authors books in a series. It has all the books in publication order including the release year. Hope this helps

message 24: by Curlyhair (new)

Curlyhair | 49 comments I'm on holiday at the moment, so decided to read Private Games in the sun. I'm liking it so far.

message 25: by Hapzydeco (last edited Oct 31, 2012 06:01PM) (new)

Hapzydeco | 17 comments You Don't Know Jack until you read Private (the first book). Private #1 Suspect (the second book) puts a new spin on the "evil twin" motif. Just when Jack was making a move into the realm of an Alex Cross, Patterson brought in Peter Knight. Private Games offered up a ploughman's lunch that included the 2012 Olympic Games, an ancient Greek myth, London and a criminal genius.

Have been unable to obtain a copy of Private London.

As a Patterson follower this series is satisfactory.

message 26: by Maria (new)

Maria Ulery | 68 comments Private was first, private #1 suspect is 2 nd, private games is 3rd, private London is 4th I think

message 27: by Curlyhair (new)

Curlyhair | 49 comments Just finished Private Games and while I liked it, I thought it was so far fetched in places. Not his best collaboration by far in my opinion.

message 28: by Ushlah (new)

Ushlah Aluthge | 3 comments Private by James Patterson

Spectacular book.
I really enjoyed investigation stories.

There are 3 cases in this novel that Jack Morgan is trying to solve
-A multimillion dollar gambling scandal
-The unsolved slaying of eighteen schoolgirls
-His best friend’s wife –Jack’s former girl-has been killed

message 29: by Curlyhair (new)

Curlyhair | 49 comments Just started Private: #1 Suspect. The first few pages seem ok.

message 30: by Hapzydeco (new)

Hapzydeco | 17 comments Most online reviewers continue to read James Patterson's books because they hope that the current one will recapture the James Patterson story lines that they first enjoyed reading. Private London attempts to return to the Patterson genre, but alas, it comes up short. The good news is that a new Patterson novel can be found at a bookseller near you.

message 31: by Curlyhair (new)

Curlyhair | 49 comments Just finished Private No 1 Suspect. I really enjoyed it, much better than Private Games.

message 32: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (jenni85) Private London by James Patterson caught my eye. Who has read it> Which do u recommend?

message 33: by Norman (new)

Norman LaVelle (NormanLaVelle) | 10 comments As usual, this was another thriller by James Patterson, I really love the plots and subplots of his books. His books always open with a foggy glimpse into what is to come during the story and then... BAM!!! Instant action from that point forward. This book however was just too damn busy. There was just way too much going on. Okay so here is what I did like. I love all the hi-tech gadgets that Private has at its disposal. I like the main character Jack Morgan. I can appreciate that they had a lot of other cases going on as an investigation firm. But often while reading this book I lost sight of the main plot of the story. Some of the other cases overshadowed the main story. I think this would make a great screen play but could use some work as a book. Just my opinion. Overall it was an okay book just not as good as some of his others.

message 34: by Antonello (new)

Antonello Fiore | 188 comments Hi everyone,
I'm currently reading Private London. Almost done with the book- 60 pages remaining. This was another James Patterson blockbuster. And I have to agree with Norman- there are a number of events occurring that overshadows the main plot. Nevertheless, it is a true page-turner that any Patterson will enjoy.
Wishing you all the best. Happy reading! :)

message 35: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (lboyd5900attnet) | 22 comments Sorry guys, jumping into this thread a bit late and this question may have been asked already, but is there more than 1 Private series going?? I have this Private book and thought it was 1st in the series

Private (Jack Morgan, #1) by James Patterson.

message 36: by Marc-Antoine (new)

Marc-Antoine Linda wrote: "Sorry guys, jumping into this thread a bit late and this question may have been asked already, but is there more than 1 Private series going?? I have this Private book and thought it was 1st in the..."

Yes, Linda, more than one series, but this is the one that started it. I really enjoyed this one.

message 37: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (lboyd5900attnet) | 22 comments Thanks Marc-Antoine - I am so behind on JP books! I really need to get caught up.

message 38: by Marc-Antoine (new)

Marc-Antoine How can we not be, he pops one out every month, lol...

message 39: by Antonello (new)

Antonello Fiore | 188 comments hi Linda,
I recommend you take a look at his website. His books of the Private series are listed in order. Wishing you all the best! :)

message 40: by Norman (new)

Norman LaVelle (NormanLaVelle) | 10 comments Marc-Antoine wrote: "How can we not be, he pops one out every month, lol..."

isn't that the truth, LMAO

message 41: by Vic (new)

Vic | 89 comments you were right Antonio this private London is awesome. I'm flying through chapters :) is berlin just as good?

message 42: by Vic (new)

Vic | 89 comments holy cow this book is awesome!!! I never saw all this coming....wow! Antonio you were dead on about this one. thank you. berlin just as good? I tried to finish it tonight and I'm just about done but I'm so very exhausted and my eyes keep burning and I'm having a very hard time reading and concentrating for very long. I'll try again tomorrow.

message 43: by Antonello (new)

Antonello Fiore | 188 comments Yes Vic, Berlin is just as amazing. You will absolutely love it. You'll finish it in no time. Enjoy the books! :)

Lorrea(WhatChaReadin'?) (Threein3) | 84 comments Just started the Private series. I'm interested to find out where this is going to go!!

message 45: by Larry (new)

Larry (zachlarry) | 2 comments I have not read any of the Private series yet....in what order do they go...thanks

message 46: by Antonello (new)

Antonello Fiore | 188 comments The Private series is just as entertaining as the Alex Cross and Women's Murder Club series. I recommend checking James Patterson's website for the list and order of books. Happy reading! :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Private Games (other topics)
Private London (other topics)
Private (other topics)
Private: #1 Suspect (other topics)
Private London (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

James Patterson (other topics)