Books, Blogs, Authors and More discussion

Authors > Are You An Author?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 453) (453 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

Emily  (XEmilyX) | 730 comments Mod
If your an author tell us about your books. Also if your avalible for an interview head over to the Author Interview topic and express your interest!

Michael Cargill (MichaelCargill) | 507 comments I am an author. Bit of a new one who self-published the first one back in the middle of last year. I have released three and they are all available for free.

I am currently working on a collection of stories and they will be finished fairly soonish! I will putting this book up on Amazon.

Shelter from Thunder - Story about a young boy in WWII sheltering during an air raid.

Slaughter in Barnaby Close - Short horror story about the families in Barnaby Close.

Diary of a Dork - Articles of Sarcasm and Irreverence - A collection of humorous articles that I wrote.

They are available here - https://www.smashwords.com/profile/vi...

I also have a satire humour blog - http://michaelcargill.wordpress.com/

message 3: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

I am currently reading "Shelter From Thunder" and will put my review on my blog :)

Michael Cargill (MichaelCargill) | 507 comments Emily my dear you are quite simply amazing. Goodreads is lucky to have you.

message 5: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

Thank You, How Kind! :D

J.R. Wagner (JRWagner) | 6 comments Hi again. Exiled, my first novel is publishing in June. Exiled is the first book in a series called The Never Chronicles. It is about a boy who is wrongfully accused of murdering his mentor by the high counsel of sorcerers and is banished to The Never (where they send the really bad criminals). Powerless and alone, James must figure out how to return in order to save his kind from destroying themselves.

I've got a cool book trailer on my website as well as my author page here. Check it out!
http://www.theneverchronicles.com/

message 7: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

Sounds awesome

Thomas Wilson (StorytellerTDW) | 18 comments Hello, Thomas Wilson, Newbie Indie Author
I self-published two novels last year, feverishly working on the sequels to both.
If the lack of proper English and perfect editing doesn't hang you to bad you might try my novels, The English will get fixed at some point in the future when I secure a better editor. If I could spot and fix the problems they obviously wouldn't be there.
"Whisper" my first and will always be my worst book!
What I thought was an action adventure Sci-Fy novel appearently is a love story, never less it's a good story about a ship that accidently ends up in the year 1800 and fights to get back to its rightful place in history. Also guy meets girl, blah blah blah.
"No Rules Of Engagement"
A disturbing look at many aspects of being human and warfare. A peacful race of aliens is getting overrun by a race of aliens they cannot even communicate with. Faced with the decision to run or die, they opt for the third and extreme option of going back in time and convincing Earthlings to fight for them.
Using orphan children as future soldiers, Earth sends an Army to fight for the aliens meanwhile reaping the benefit of new technology and resources.
NOT A YA BOOK! It is meant to be disturbing and potentially upsetting for the reader! People have either LOVED it or HATED it! ACTION ADVENTURE SCI-FY MILITARY (Not for the narrow minded reader.)
Glad to be a part of the group!

message 9: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

Hello Thomas

message 10: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

I think it does

Kathleen Smith (KathleenSmith) | 6 comments Hi I am an author. My book is titled Marriages & Miscarriages:One Woman's Personal Experience . My book is about how I got through my 3 miscarriages. I have been a self-published author for one year now. My books website is:
http://kathleensmith.org

My books can be found on the following:

Kindle: http://bit.ly/mamkindle

Nook: http://bit.ly/mamnook

Paperback: http://bit.ly/mamamzn

Book trailer on YouTube: http://bit.ly/mamvideo

Author's page on FB: http://bit.ly/mamfb

You can also find me on G+.

Thank You.
Kathleen

Michael Cargill (MichaelCargill) | 507 comments Hello Kathleen and welcome.

It sounds like you had a traumatic experience, I hope things go better for you in the future.

Kathleen Smith (KathleenSmith) | 6 comments Hi Michael,
I'm much better now thank you. My last miscarriage was over 7 years ago. At the time though I was an emotional wreck. Feel free the check out my books trailer.

Bryan (AirithAuthor) | 2 comments Airith - Death of a True Love
Earth is split into two warring factions. The only hope for the world's safety is two lovers that share a connection greater than love itself and use that bond to save Earth from total annihilation. In the end, one lover will die to save the other's life.

“Taking my life to save yours was a gift that only a true love could give. Love is selflessly giving your breath away to allow someone else to breathe.”
http://www.airith.com

Christwire Handbook:
Based on the Internet and multimedia sensation ChristWire.org, a Web site that takes an exaggerated, hard-line conservative Christian view of the world that is openly hostile toward all liberal principles, this hilarious guide offers tips on surviving the perils of the modern world.
http://www.christwirebook.com

L.H. Thomson (LHThomson) | 21 comments Hello everyone,
My name is L.H. Thomson
and my books are
The Process Server by L.H. ThomsonThe Process Server
The Antique Hunters by L.H. ThomsonThe Antique Hunters
Cheers,
LH

message 16: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

Hi L.H. those books look good

L.H. Thomson (LHThomson) | 21 comments Emily wrote: "Hi L.H. those books look good"

Brilliant! Cheers for that. 100% self pub'd right down to the file and cover creation (although the antique hunters is really just a cover by a brilliant photographer named Wolfgang Staudt who allows his images to be used under creative commons.

What kind of books do you prefer?

message 18: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

L.H. wrote: "Emily wrote: "Hi L.H. those books look good"

Brilliant! Cheers for that. 100% self pub'd right down to the file and cover creation (although the antique hunters is really just a cover by a brilli..."

Mostly YA, PNR, Dystopia but I make exceptions and usually the others I read become favorites

message 19: by L.H. (last edited Mar 09, 2012 01:46PM) (new)

L.H. Thomson (LHThomson) | 21 comments Emily wrote: "L.H. wrote: "Emily wrote: "Hi L.H. those books look good"

Brilliant! Cheers for that. 100% self pub'd right down to the file and cover creation (although the antique hunters is really just a co..."

I must admit that as I've gotten older I've been diverted more by literary fiction than genre, even though I like writing genre fiction, which is weird I guess.

I notice the Hunger Games poster; my wife is a huge fan but I haven't gone there yet. She seems to like it for the relationship content as much as the plot.

If you'd like a review copy of each, I can drop you any format, Emily.

message 20: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

I'd love to but I'm waaaay to busy at the moment but I can offer you an author interview on my blog.

Belinda Buchanan | 16 comments Hello,

My name is Belinda Buchanan and I've written two books.

After All Is Said and Done - a contemporary romance about infidelity, healing & forgiveness

The Monster of Silver Creek - a mystery romance

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.:)

message 22: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

Hi Belinda! Your books look great, I'm a fan of anything romance

Y.I. Lee (YILee) | 42 comments My name is Yvonne, I am an author, and write Y/A fantasy. I have two published books.
The Shadowed Valley
A Rat and A Ransom
My third book is in the process of being edited.

message 24: by Sadie (last edited Aug 22, 2012 04:50AM) (new)

Sadie Forsythe | 80 comments Hello everyone, I would like to introduce The Weeping Empress. It is an action adventure/fantasy following the exploits of a small band of rebels as they challenge fate, changing the course of history as they go.

The Weeping Empress by Sadie S. Forsythe

synopsis:
Chiyo Alglaeca was happy in her life. That is, until it was all taken away. Forced into notoriety, stalked by a mysterious cult, hunted by the emperor, and facing betrayal at every turn she clings to the only safety she can find: two enigmatic men and the sharp bringer of death, Salvation. The Weeping Empress explores the devastating effects of loss, the hunt for redemption, and the price of destiny. It questions the true meaning of evil and asks what monster is not also an innocent?

It has received good reviews so far, but more is always better. So if you are a blogger interested in a review copy feel free to contact me. For you readers, I intend to run a series of giveaways, so keep your eyes open, add it to your to-read shelves, and cross your fingers.

5/5* “I really liked this book and really liked the characters. Chiyo, Muhjan and Senka have such chemistry. They kept me coming back for more.” Iris – Amazon

5/5* “This is a worthy read. From the very first page you, like the main character, are thrown into the action, keeping you interested in what happens next. The characters are relatable, despite the fictional setting, and the ending leaves you wanting more. Anyone who likes a strong female lead, untenable situations and a little titillation will love this book. I know I did and will definitely read another one of Forsythe’s books.” Barnes & Noble

It happens to be free to download here on GR for the time being, so why not check it out?

Nicola Palmer | 13 comments Hello!
If I may introduce you to my children's fantasy adventure:

Book 1: Alice Parker's Metamorphosis
Thirteen-year-old Alice Parker knows something isn't right; mysterious aches and pains, a craving for sugar that’s out of control. Suddenly she is top of the class in every subject.
Baffled by what is happening to her and feeling at odds with the world, Alice can't take much more. Only when she collapses and experiences a life-changing transformation does she discover why she is different.
But this new, incredible identity brings its own challenges and Alice isn't convinced she can rise to them. She just wants to be normal!
The fact is she's anything but...

Book 2: Alice Parker and the Mind Magician
Alice Parker has adapted well to her extraordinary new identity and abilities; she’s even beginning to enjoy them.
But mysterious things are happening all around her.
People are behaving very strangely. Something or someone is controlling them – but how? Alice confronts a ruthless, relentless villain, and soon discovers his astonishing power. Where is it coming from? What makes him so different?
Disturbingly, the answers to these questions reveal more about Alice than her sinister enemy.
Nothing, it seems, is coincidence...

There's a giveaway for 3 signed copies of Book 1 until 11th May:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

Deborah George (Ddippydebbie) | 21 comments I hope I am an author.. just recently self published one short story and one part of a series. Currently working on book two of the series, My stories are on amazon now. One is called Runaway mum, it may not be perfect but its my first one.. and the second is The Prophecy.. If anyone wants to check them out, my name is Deborah George..

Deborah George (Ddippydebbie) | 21 comments was just wondering, but how do your own books get listed on here (This site) i want to create an author page but you have to find your book first, mine isnt there. As its new i dont expect it to be right away but was just wondering how long it takes?

Sadie Forsythe | 80 comments It has to have an isbn. If you have that you can ask a librarian to add it.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/8...

Deborah George (Ddippydebbie) | 21 comments ah ok mine doesnt have that, no idea how to give it one lol

Michael Cargill (MichaelCargill) | 507 comments Deborah, are the one who published a story on Amazon called something like Stay Away Mother...?

Anything published on Amazon will be given an ASIN number which can be used in place of an ISBN number on here.

Deborah George (Ddippydebbie) | 21 comments no that wasnt me.. I have an ASIN number. So if i just post asking someone to add it they might?

Michael Cargill (MichaelCargill) | 507 comments I am a Librarian so I can do it.

I almost positive that you don't need to be a librarian to add new books though, only to edit the details of existing books.

I had a look at your profile and it doesn't look like you have set yourself up as a Goodreads author. Either that or you haven't linked your author profile to your 'normal' profile.

Have a look here on how to do it - http://www.goodreads.com/author/program

Deborah George (Ddippydebbie) | 21 comments it says i need to find my book, which isnt listed before i can apply to join the author program

Michael Cargill (MichaelCargill) | 507 comments Ah ok fair enough.

Is this your book? I will add it to Goodreads if so - http://www.amazon.com/Runaway-Mum-ebo...

Sadie Forsythe | 80 comments @Michael, I seem to remember coming across a manually add book link at sometime and not needing to be a librarian to use it. So you're probably right.

Deborah George (Ddippydebbie) | 21 comments Yes thats one of mine. Thanks.

Michael Cargill (MichaelCargill) | 507 comments Here you go - http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

By the way if you search for 'The Prophecy' and it doesn't turn up in the results, there should be a 'Manually add a book' option towards the top right of the screen that allows you to add it yourself.

R.J. Askew (RJAskew) | 27 comments HI Ron Askew, author, experimental novella WATCHING SWIFTS ... it's only 44,000 words so it won't detain you long. Emma Saywell, jaded war photographer, strolls theough London's Kew Garden then she sees him ...' Nature, poetry and beauty are the themes. I won't hype it up but wld request you to see the reviews. The reviews are everything I believe. *bows*Watching Swifts

Siobhan Pratt (SiobhanPratt) | 13 comments Hi everyone! I've just joined Goodread's Author Program, and as I really enjoyed the discussions I've read here, this is the first group I've joined.
I recently published my first novel, Precious Moon, on Amazon Kindle.

Precious Moon is a heart-warming, and at times heart-wrenching, story of loss and discovery, displacement and escape, hope and recovery.
An Oxford doctor and British graduate are living in a remote Andean village in Argentina when the Falkland's War breaks out, yet they refuse to leave the country which is now both the enemy and their refuge.
At the same time Argentina is engulfed in its own bitter Dirty War, where innocent civilians inexplicably disappear, and loved ones are left behind reeling in guilt, hopelessness and fear.
Alex and Katie's relationships with their Argentinean friends are tested and strained, as each person endeavours to find their own place of quiet.
As the tumultuous events of the present resonate with their own pasts in Kenya and England, will they be able to find peace for the future, for themselves, or the country?

Amazon reviewers say it is a gripping, well-researched story filled with with history, suspense and intrigue, and it has received several five star reviews.
http://tinyurl.com/bn3l2ew

I'm enjoying interacting with other authors on my FB author page, as well as posting more about the historical research and background to the wars and countries in the story.
www.facebook.com/siobhanprattauthor

Thank you for allowing me to promote here!

Michael Cargill (MichaelCargill) | 507 comments Hello Ron Askew and hello to Siobhan as well.

Siobhan that is a very conservatory you are slouching back in. Is the chaise longue your own or did you just rent it for the occasion?

Siobhan Pratt (SiobhanPratt) | 13 comments Hi Michael! The chaise lounge, aka the Chair Bed by my kids, is strictly for slouching without shoes or dirty feet, and is situated in my Ma-in-laws conservatory. She kindly allowed me to use it for free....do you like the washing line in the background?

Michael Cargill (MichaelCargill) | 507 comments I do, yes!

It shows you are clean yet still able to deal with the day-to-day dirty dealings of life.

Siobhan Pratt (SiobhanPratt) | 13 comments Isn't it amazing what a simple washing line can say about a person!

Andrew Lawston (AndrewLawston) | 57 comments I'm an author. I should sign up with the Goodreads author program, I guess.

My short story collection, Something Nice, has been out for about a month now. It was a bit of an experiment, but the reviews have been awesome, the sales OK and it's inspired me to put new life into my fiction writing, which had almost ground to a halt at one point.

Something Nice - 10 Stories by Andrew K Lawston

The short stories include a bit of science-fiction, a bit of philosophy, a lot of dark quirkiness and oodles of fun. Most have been published professionally in some form or other over the last ten years, and appear together for the first time in this collection.

Michael Cargill (MichaelCargill) | 507 comments For those that are interested (and don't follow me on Twitter...!) I have just finished my latest book!

YES.

The poison of editing, proof-reading, book cover and title comes next.

Erg.

Julie Rainey Good luck. :)

Siobhan Pratt (SiobhanPratt) | 13 comments Well done and all the best with the next phase, Michael!

Y.I. Lee (YILee) | 42 comments Well done Michael, Now begins the hard work. Look forward to hearing when the book is published. :)

Hilton Hamann (HiltonHamann) | 8 comments Hi All
I am the author of a couple of traditionally published books, one of which has done quite well and is in its 8th reprint.
I have now decided to plunge into the Indie Publishing waters with my novel I Can Hear Them Singing Now
Based on true events I witnessed when working as a journalist in South Africa during the height of the low-level, civil war that raged there in the mid 1980s, this novel is about a black policeman and his family who are trapped in the two worlds that were South Africa of the time. Although it is set in that country, it is a universal story that takes readers to the depths of human darkness. It will leave you deeply moved.
Please take a look on my author's page Hilton Hamann and read the reviews on Amazon.

Cheers

Hilton

message 50: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

Hi Hilton!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10