Young Adult Reads discussion

Hello :) > Say Hi

Comments (showing 51-100 of 591) (591 new)    post a comment »

Ela *who loves TVD's Damon Salvatore!!!* Thanks Passet and Sandeelovesbooks!

Kimberly Carley | 1 comments Hey,

My name's Kim and I'm 28. Looking for people to socialize with and that loves to read!

message 53: by Dee (last edited Feb 04, 2012 06:19AM) (new)

Dee | 25 comments Hi Kim! This is the right place for you. Welcome to the group and may you have a great time here. :)

Chelsea Denisse (chelseadenisse) Hi! I'm Chelsea

message 55: by Janina, Daemon fanatic. (new)

Janina (synchronizedreading) | 1507 comments Mod
Hry Kim and Chelsea :) Welcome to the group! Feel free to join any of the discussions and challenges!

Sherri Arnold | 42 comments Hi. I'm Sherri and I have recently discovered YA books. I never read them as a teenager, but now that I'm old, I love YA books. Looking forward to interacting with everyone.

Marielle Caballero (MarielleDreamingWILLHERONDALE) | 20 comments HOLA!!

Lily | 10 comments Hi everyone :)

Susan Francis (SoozFran) | 52 comments Hi, I'm Sooz. I really enjoy reading and writing YA fiction. Any other aspiring YA fiction writers out there? :)

Francis (Yabooklover) | 2 comments Hey I'm Francis and I Love ya-Books :)

Brittany | 7 comments hey im brittany im 15 .books are my paasion .

message 62: by Janina, Daemon fanatic. (new)

Hey all! And welcome to the group :)
Be to HAVE FUN!

Cherie Colyer | 26 comments Hello! I just join the group. I love to read and write YA fiction. And I love to find new books. Looking forward to joining in on the chats and challenges.

Cherie Colyer | 26 comments Sooz wrote: "Hi, I'm Sooz. I really enjoy reading and writing YA fiction. Any other aspiring YA fiction writers out there? :)"

Hi Sooz. I'm a fellow YA writer. It's nice to meet you. :)

Farrah Hanis | 49 comments Farr here! xD

Stephanie Hi, My name is Stephanie. Although I'm 29 I still enjoy the YA reads. My favorite one's had been the Hunger Games series, Divergent, The Percy Jackson series, The Lost Hero series and more.
I also read a great indie arthur ya series called The Lunarmorte series by Samantha Young. Fun series.
My next YA read is Daughter of Smoke and Bone once I'm done with my sci fi/fantasy read.

Ellie (BookAddicted8778) | 10 comments Hi I'm Ellie and 14 I love YA paranormal novels :D

Passant (cool_baby) | 128 comments Welcome everyone!!! it is good to know that i m not the only one out there who is going crazy over YA books :D hope you guys enjoy this groups discussion and games ;P

Susan Francis (SoozFran) | 52 comments Cherie wrote: "Sooz wrote: "Hi, I'm Sooz. I really enjoy reading and writing YA fiction. Any other aspiring YA fiction writers out there? :)"

Hi Sooz. I'm a fellow YA writer. It's nice to meet you. :)"

Hi Cherie, nice to meet you too. Working on anything at the moment?

Nancy Jackson | 2 comments Hi - I am in my 25th year of teaching. This year we are trying to instill a love of reading in students at the middle school level. I joined this group in hopes to find books for my classroom collection and to recommend to my students. Many of them LOVE the Hunger Games. A lot of the girls like girl drama type fiction. I am open for suggestions!

Cherie Colyer | 26 comments Sooz wrote: "Cherie wrote: "Sooz wrote: "Hi, I'm Sooz. I really enjoy reading and writing YA fiction. Any other aspiring YA fiction writers out there? :)"

Hi Sooz. I'm a fellow YA writer. It's nice to meet y..."

I'm working on a sequel to my debut novel, Embrace. And I have a MG project that I've been polishing up. How about you?

Alex Lidell (AlexLidell) Hi! I'm Alex. I started reading YA Fantasy as a kid and, well, never stopped. Looking for a new book to read at the moment. Especially like stories with a military or school setting. Ideas??? Cherie and Sooz, what do you write about?

Kelsi (4ever2short95) | 3 comments HI im kelsi :) i love reading annddd....yeah. who doesnt? only losers. lol JK! haha sooooo....yupp im a big YA science fiction fan and anything with a mystery or crime solving plot! if anyone has any suggestions that'd be great! <3

Kelsi (4ever2short95) | 3 comments Alex wrote: "Hi! I'm Alex. I started reading YA Fantasy as a kid and, well, never stopped. Looking for a new book to read at the moment. Especially like stories with a military or school setting. Ideas??? ..."

hi alex! i dont know if you've heard of the series cherub by robert muchamore but its really good and its set at a secret military-like school for children who are spies. check it out if u want. i dont know where you live but only a few of the books are out in the US right now. they're mostly in the UK.

Cherie Colyer | 26 comments Alex wrote: "Hi! I'm Alex. I started reading YA Fantasy as a kid and, well, never stopped. Looking for a new book to read at the moment. Especially like stories with a military or school setting. Ideas??? ..."

Hi Alex! I write teen paranormal thriller/romance. EMBRACE is a story about a teen girl who discovers unseen forces. She needs to embrace these forces to save her friends.

Alex Lidell (AlexLidell) Thanks Kelsi! I took a look at Cherub - the topic is right what i love but from the description i am wondering if its more a middle-grade book vs YA. Any insight?

Now on to you. Mystery/crime solving... ooo - have you considered Terrier by Tamora Pierce? It's about a girl in police training (the medieval world equivalent) who gets wrapped up in trying to solve a string of child abductions.

Michelle Knox (YABookStar) | 29 comments Hi I'm Michelle and over the past two years I have rediscovered my love of books, mainly YA fantasy and romance genres. The Twilight series was the kickoff that rekindled my love of books and I have sought and discovered a slew of amazing YA books and authors that have kept me indulging in this past time since.

message 78: by Janina, Daemon fanatic. (new)

Hi everyone!
Welcome to the group :)

Nikkie | 55 comments Hello! I am Nikkie and I love to read pretty much anything. Lately I have found myself drawn to the YA romance section for some reason. I read what I like and I don't make excuses for it ;)

Monika (lovelyrose) | 3 comments Hi everybody I'm Monika, I'm from Egypt, I'm 18 years old and I started seriously dedicating myself to reading YA novels 2 months ago or something but I'm really enjoying it.

Hannah Kollef | 48 comments Hi everybody,

I'm 22, I just graduated college, and I freaking love to read. YA fantasy/adventure was my first love. Now, in addition to reading compulsively, I can also proudly say that I'm a YA author. Just published my first book on Kindle :) I really like stuff with a gothic twist to it. I'm excited to see what you all recommend!

Allen (JustAllen) | 24 comments Hi, everyone. I'm Allen. I'm a sixteen year old in my junior year of high school. Honestly, I don't think I read as much as some of you might, but I do take interest in books. I'm mostly interested in books that I can relate to.

Some books I like are:
The Catcher in the Rye, Looking for Alaska, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

I can relate to Holden Caulfield of The Catcher in the Rye. It remains one of my favorite books after having finished it a few months ago.

message 83: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi all,
I'm Michayla Roth, and I write YA fantasy. I love reading but don't always have the time to do it as much as I would like. Looking forward to getting to know people on here...

Stephen Graff (sgraffwriter) | 17 comments Hi, my name is Stephen Graff. I'm a reader and writer. I like dystopian fiction the best.

Allen (JustAllen) | 24 comments Stephen wrote: "Hi, my name is Stephen Graff. I'm a reader and writer. I like dystopian fiction the best."

Dystopian fiction is interesting. I'd like to read more of it.

message 86: by Janina, Daemon fanatic. (new)

Welcome all :)

Gwynn White (GwynnWhite) Hi, I'm Gwynneth. I love YA reads because they explore topics that adult authors don't really touch. I'm a writer of YA fantasy and I have a blog which my main characters write for me.

Sandee (Nikolai Lantsov's Queen) (awhimsicalreader) Hey Gwynneth! :D
Welcome to the group.

Gwynn White (GwynnWhite) Thanks

Ashley Phillips (MarisolPeachwater) Hello Everyone. I'm Marisol and am 24 years old, mother of two children (Logan, 2, and Kaciah, 3). I've always love all types of books from every genre, but always return to YA novels to get a refreshing original read. Cheers to everyone!

Katie (ONGOING_DREAM) | 25 comments Hey everyone. I'm new to this group AND goodreads, but I am already enjoying both! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YA books. Add me as a friend and we can talk. (:

Kristen (knoforever) | 53 comments Katie wrote: "Hey everyone. I'm new to this group AND goodreads, but I am already enjoying both! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YA books. Add me as a friend and we can talk. (:"

Same as my friend Katie here I'm new. I'm 15 and joined as a chance to find out about different books and to interact with aspiring YA writers. I love to write YA stories and desperately hope I can someday turn one into a novel (even an unpublished one). I like many different genres so add me and we can talk about whatever.

Eva hi, I'm Eva and I also love YA but I also enjoy other genres. I also like writing short stories and at the moment I'm writing on a novel and really hope it will turn out good... feel free to add me as a friend! :D

Farrah Hanis | 49 comments Hello, I'm Farr. :) I love books. Nuff said.

message 95: by Janina, Daemon fanatic. (new)

Hello everyone :)

Aerial (Raisinet426) | 1 comments Hi! my name is Aerial im 16 going on 17 in april. i love to read. its keeps my head on straight!

Ashley Phillips (MarisolPeachwater) Welcome, Welcome

message 98: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi my name is Alisha and i am 18, and i absolutely love to read :)

Ashley Phillips (MarisolPeachwater) Welcome to the Group! Happy to have ya!

To Everyone:

What are the last 5 books you've read? This will give everyone an idea of what we all like to read, what interests we both share, and if we can get good recommendations from one another

Katie (ONGOING_DREAM) | 25 comments Hello everyone (: Nice to meet you all! I like Fantasy, Romance, Urban Fantasy, and Paranormal books.