Kay Scarpetta Books/Movie Group discussion

Cornwell Movies > Let's cast the movies!

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 46 comments Mod
So we all know the movie rights were purchased by Angelina Jolie. When they will be made is a mystery. When/if they are made who do you think should play some of the main and supporting characters?

Kay, Benton, Marino, Lucy, Rosie?

message 2: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (Poisongirl999) | 1 comments I always imagined Kay as looking like Jane Lynch, not the Glee, sweat suit version of her, more like Spencer Reid's mom minus the mental problems. I don't know about the others. Is it bad to say in my head Marino always looked like that guy from NYPD Blue.....um...Sipowicz!

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Sinclair | 2 comments I always imagined Kay looking like Nancy Grace! Don't ask me why but that's what pops into my head. Marino has always been the guy (can't remember his name now) that plays on Young & the Restless that plays a mobster and is romancing Gloria. He just "sounds" like Marino would sound. As for the rest of the characters, I have some "visions" but they aren't as "rooted" as Nancy Grace and the "mob guy". LOL

message 4: by Saffemt (new)

Saffemt | 1 comments Mariska Hargitay from L&O SVU as Scarpetta.....Mark Harmon from NCIS: as Benton.....Paul Guilfoyle from CSI: as Marino.....and Olivia Wilde from House as Lucy.......

message 5: by Dolly (new)

Dolly (xDollyx) | 14 comments i think michelle pfieffer would be a great kay scarpetta or kathryn morris from cold case. jeremy ratchford for marino. i dont think angelina jolie can pull of kay scarpetta!

message 6: by Wes (new)

Wes (Wes50) Denise Crosby would be good playing the role of Kay Scarpetta.

message 7: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Sinclair | 2 comments I agree with that Mariska Hargitay as Scarpetta would be terrific and Olivia Wilde as Lucy is a super idea...she would definitely be perfect! I see Tom Selleck as Benton and William DeVane as Marino....

message 8: by Dolly (new)

Dolly (xDollyx) | 14 comments i like the idea of tom selleck as benton!

message 9: by Lanny (new)

Lanny Carlson | 6 comments Benton Wesley - Denzel Washington or Forest Whitaker
(James Earl Jones is who I always picture, but younger)
Lucy - a younger Jodie Foster; Maddie Hasson
Kay - Patricia Cornwell? or Mariska Hargitay
Marino - Paul Guilfoyle

unread topics | mark unread