Enclave (Razorland, #1) Enclave discussion

Will the world really fall to destruction?

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Hannah Do authors who write novels about dystopian societies, believe that sometime in the far future, the world will fall to destruction? If so, it's weird to think about... :/

Erika I believe they try to show in a tragic way what might happen, some consequences of human behavior, things like that... but like i said in a very dramatic and tragic way.

Hannah Really? I would think that if the world does self-destruct, it will happen gradually, over a long period of time, and then, I guess something big and dramatic will happen and destroy everything. Again, weird to think about.

message 4: by MaL (new) - added it

MaL Thats why I like these kinda books. They seem like it could really happen.

Hannah ...and scarily, I sort of believe that it really WILL happen. :/

message 6: by MaL (new) - added it

MaL Hannah wrote: "...and scarily, I sort of believe that it really WILL happen. :/"

Hannah wrote: "...and scarily, I sort of believe that it really WILL happen. :/"

I def agree.

Kala There are a lot of stories out there that make us think about the world ending. I don't think it will even happen in our lifetime. Eventually when the world falls into a deeper depression and resources become more scarce it's more likely. The best we can do is prepare our kiddos for life without us. I know I'll be trying to teach my son survival techniques on camping trips when he's older. :)

Hannah Or something like the book Eve by Anna Carey could happen. That seems more realistic...I guess. :/ :P

message 9: by Kagama-the Literaturevixen (last edited May 29, 2012 11:26AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Hannah wrote: "Do authors who write novels about dystopian societies, believe that sometime in the far future, the world will fall to destruction? If so, it's weird to think about... :/"

Its not impossible that it could happen. Think about the black plague,the ice age or the mysterious disease that wiped out 95 % of the native americans (and enabled invading europeans to settle in America)

Or the death of the dinosaurs and Pangaea being split up.

The truth is that the world has changed countless times since it first came to be,and will doubtless change more in the future.

Its best not to think to hard about it or you will go mad.Just try to make the best of your life while youre on this earth :)

Vixen I think that they attempt to show or imagine what they think would or could happen. Like with fiction and what not. More like what ifs... idk. But I like dystopian books, all the different ideas that are out there creating a new or old world is awesome.

Chrisolu Hannah, Octavia Butler's book Parable Of the Sower take is that there is no one big thing that brings on the Apocalypse but a number of things like people losing empathy, extreme poverty, environmental destruction etc. It's is really a good read, I recomend you give it a try.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Enclave (other topics)