Flipped Flipped discussion

book or movie...wich is better?

Comments (showing 1-35 of 35) (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Elysa wich do u think is better? i think the book was better ...as it usually is

Andrea both!

Inday-Elie I'll go for the book too! :)

Zahara there both awsome but i have to say the book is better

Jatzia I say the movie . I didn't even realize what time period they were in 'til I saw the movie . Movie's give you more visuals that books can't do.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Really, I think they're both pretty much the same. I read the book in a day and saw the movie in an old time theater. Hmmm... Yeah, I say they're both equal on my like list.

message 7: by Pat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pat I listened to the audiobook which I loved. Just watched the movie and I really enjoyed it too. I think it was very well cast overall and stuck very closely to the book.

Inday-Elie I really think the actors/actress that played as the older Juli and Bryce really suited the characters. Anyway the older Bryce is really cute lol ;)

Maeve Mcdonagh THEY WERE BOTH REALLY REALLY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Caroline Maeve wrote: "THEY WERE BOTH REALLY REALLY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yea right!!:))

Arianna Shiraz Well is saw the movie first before the movie so I think the movie kind of gave me the images of the characters and the setting.

message 12: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat I liked them both. They were both really cute.

message 13: by Lauren (last edited Mar 04, 2012 06:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lauren Ooooh I love them both, but I also saw the movie first, I didn't even know there was a book until I read it. The characters in the book were also a little... meaner? Not in a bad way, but they just didn't seem as nice and laid back as the ones in the movie. But they both are in my fave movies/books!

message 14: by Tess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tess I don't know, they were both great!!

Kristin Jatzia wrote: "I say the movie . I didn't even realize what time period they were in 'til I saw the movie . Movie's give you more visuals that books can't do."

The time period thing was added by the director and writers. It's not part of the book.

Sarah:) I like that they were both similar because most movies are different then the books.

Susie Warner they were both AWESOME! i was sooooo happy that the movie wasn't too changed from the books. i hope the hunger games movie is going to be great too... can't wait! only 2 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaemonBlack (bookfreak) Both are awesome, loved the movie felt like I was reading the book all over again.

message 19: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat I would usually go for the movie but for this story I have to go with the book because they made more dramatic in the book which cracked me up! xD

Victoria I can't have a great judgment of this because I read the book such a long time ago but.. this is probably the only time I will ever say this but I think they are equal. I love that movie so much! It was really well done and all the characters were perfect!

Rosalba I usually go with the book but right now....I can't say! But I really liked the ending of the movie so much more.

message 22: by Mery (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mery I don't think there's much difference between them. The movie is strongly linked to the book except for hair colours and minor cues. However, the way in which the sycamore tree and its meaning to Juli is described in the book is outstanding! Read the book! Watch the movie! See for yourself!

message 23: by Lan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lan I would go for the book. Because honestly my imagination brought me to think that the sycamore tree was going to be more magnificent, like the tree that Forrest Gump and Jenny used to hang around. And the acting of the boy was not that into character, imho :P

But overall they did a good job constructing the movie :)

Camille Andrea Tesoro Both! The movie is utterly equal to the book except for the ending when suddenly they are most likely to be together the book never suggests that! The POV of Juli in the last part of the book implies that the boy is not what all he seems and she is ready to see that.

Fairuz Hasna Karimah Definitely both! The film & the book are lovable. Très cute.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I read the book in a day and the film was pretty good actually. I say they're both equal. :)

Ramsell Canonigo I first watched the movie and thought it wasn't good enought until I started to read the book and actually love it.

Brittany Both the movie and the book were great! They were very similar to eachother with only slight differences. Very cute storyline.

message 29: by Sonia (new) - rated it 1 star

Sonia Mohanlal Movie!!!!!

Haley I love the movie much better. Most people say the book is always better than the movie, but I usually like the movie better. I love the music in the movie! I just think the characters are much more likable in the movie.

message 31: by Sage (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sage I liked the book better but my friend and i weren't really paying attention to the movie.

message 32: by Amber (new) - added it

Amber Simpson There was a movie? Well, don't I feel out of the loop.

message 33: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam Fabian BOTH.

Kassie Movie is awesome, adorable, really good portrayal of characters, loved the setting. so sweet. But for me, the book was better.

Meghana The book, despite my love of Callan McAuliffe, because sometimes the pictures in the movie can never match the description in your mind.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Flipped (other topics)