Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3) Nobody's Baby But Mine discussion

minus one

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee maybe because we liked it, and if you didn't read past chapter 3, you don't get to see a lot of what went on

and its heroine, not heroin, which is a drug...

Elayne I loved this book, in fact I've liked every one of her books. She is a very talented author!

Nfadziela Lee I love this book as well. The first SEP book that i read a little time ago. Since then Im her biggest fan, now cant wait for Lucy book come out.

message 4: by Itsme_dng (last edited Feb 08, 2012 10:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Itsme_dng i love this book too. Its my favorite of all the SEP book i've read...and i think you couldn't tell a book yet if its good or not so good or a real bad one,just because you think the heroine is stupid and you couldn't actually judged it by reading just few of its chapter. i think readers should do their rating and judgement after they already read the book. i mean finished reading it. You cant actually say that its good or bad one just because it has a bad start,a not so perfect heroine or hero..you have to know the whole story before deciding if its a magnificent or a devastating one.:)

Leslie Agreed, read the whole book before giving a review. I love this book! It was my first SEP book. Got hooked on all of her books after reading this one.

message 6: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee looks like the OP has deleted their post

Adriana Itsme_dng wrote: "i love this book too. Its my favorite of all the SEP book i've read...and i think you couldn't tell a book yet if its good or not so good or a real bad one,just because you think the heroine is st..." My absolute favorite of her books and one of my all time favorites! I've read it so much I had to get another copy as backup. I don't know what the original post was but I wanted to put in my two cents on how great this book was.

Robin Had to put my two cents in also. I LOVE SEP! This is by far one of my all time favorite books/series. Also really love This Heart of Mine & Kiss An Angel. If SEP writes it then I'm gonna read it. Can't wait for Lucy's book too! The Great Escape release date July 10,2012.

Anya I loved this book. It has everything one needs in a nice, light, simple romance novel. I love the lead characters but I love the supporting characters even more (the hero's parents). Their story is as touching and sweet as the lead characters'.

message 10: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue This series was great and this book in particular I loved. As for reviewing before you finish, I'd follow the standard out there. You can't finish it... blog it, if you can review it.

As for myself I never reviewed a book I haven't finished, it's a diservice to the reader community. If I have trouble finishing or it's just not happening, I'll sometimes open a discussion question here, especially if it's popular because folks want to share their opinions.

SEP - Love her!

message 11: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee why is it a disservice to the reading community reviewing a book you can't finish? as a reader, I want to know that...I want to know why you couldn't finish it...maybe why you couldn't is something that I also dislike, or maybe it will make me want to read it...you are doing a disservice to readers by not providing reviews...as long as you are clear up front how much you read prior to DNF'ing i would have no issue

Cynthia This was my every 1st book I read/listen to by SEP she is laugh out load funny and an amazing writer my fav is Dream a Little Dream. Character is Chip.

message 13: by Sue (last edited Jul 03, 2012 05:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue Dee wrote: "why is it a disservice to the reading community reviewing a book you can't finish? as a reader, I want to know that...I want to know why you couldn't finish it...maybe why you couldn't is somethin..."

I realize professional critics have to finish a book prior to reviewing, I try to follow that example and appreciate it when I read reviews that also follow that standard.

I guess it goes to what is a review if we don't use a similiar standard measuring stick prior to reviewing? My statistics brain is going crazy over that one.

Essentially we have to all do what we feel is best, my best is to finish the book then review it, believe me I've slogged through a few books in the past that were lesson's in dentist office torture. Writing the review ended up being my reward for finishing it... lol

And as I said, books I havent' been able to complete or can't understand why I should continue (It's a rare thing for me not to finish a book I've started). I've opened twitter feeds or blogged here because I'm obviously trying to get a feel for why I should continue it.

Others may feel their best is to review the book regardless if they finished it, if declared up front it helps and may help others. Though I think its a very incomplete picture, but that's me. It feels unfair somehow but then writing is creative and an art form of it's own. And as I walk past a piece of modern art and groan (not fond of), I'm reviewing the completed work.

message 14: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee here's a scenario for you...you pick up a book from somewhere and all you see are 4 and 5 star reviews...you start reading it and can't believe the ratings - it has spelling and grammar errors through-out, the plot makes no sense and you decide you can't finish it

do you:
a) leave a review to counter all the positive reviews and give people a differing opinion

b) not leave a review and hope that someone else who falls for all the good reviews and hates the book - leaves a review...

personally, I am going to take the first one - my reading time is precious and if I am essentially tricked into reading a crappy book because I paid attention to the reviews (although I do try alternate methods as well), then why would I want to not let other potential readers know about the issues that I had with the book...

FWIW - if you only review books that you like and people don't see differing ratings on books, from what I have observed in various discussion boards, they are more likely to disregard your reviews because you either love everything that you read, or you only review books that you like, which means that they have no way of judging your likes/dislikes against their experiences

message 15: by Sue (last edited Jul 03, 2012 07:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue Dee wrote: "here's a scenario for you...you pick up a book from somewhere and all you see are 4 and 5 star reviews...you start reading it and can't believe the ratings - it has spelling and grammar errors thro..."

As I said, it's rare I don't finish a book. In the last 6 months I've read nearly 200 books (I pretty much don't watch TV) and didn't finish maybe 4. Those I didn't "review" I used the star rating to indicate my displeasure. I write reviews only for finished products (Both good and bad).

Maybe it's a copout from your point of view but it satisfies my need to indicate it didn't make the cut.

As for reading reviews, I usually skim them and definitely not always. I look at the rating (stars) and goodreads has so much input the "star" rating has been very good. I tend to only read books rated 3.25+ and are part of the recommended list goodreads provides. Occasionally the summary calls me to take a chance. I also read the reviews in an effort to augment the summary if I think it's a bit vague before chosing to read it.

As for discussion boards, yes you are correct. But collectively there is an opinion there, the key is to allow the discussion to continue. I particularly like having them here versus twitter, easier to see the whole. I've actually had one or two convince me that I really should continue reading.

message 16: by Kill the Spare (last edited Jul 22, 2012 06:23AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Kill the Spare Yeah, no the book sucked! I just couldn't get over the non-plausibility of it all.. I get it it's just a book, creativity, supposed to keep an open mind, yada yada yada.. But seriously?! A physicist goes dressed as a prostitute to a footballer and she tricks him into having sex..TWICE?? Hmph!

Amalia Hasanah I like this novel !!!!

Anita My daughter loaned my her Kindle for a two week business trip my husband took in the fall and I went along on. She has all the SEP books and I read all the Chicago Stars books. Nobody's Baby But Mine is one of my favorites.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Nobody's Baby But Mine (other topics)