Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Wrong release dates

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

By some unknown reason the release date is wrong on both of my books;
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...
It was released on November 11, 2011 and not on the 10th.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...
It was released on November 30, 2011 and not on the 29th.

The release date is correct at Amazon, so I don't know why Goodreads have changed the release date with one day. Could you help me to correct this?

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula (Paulaan) | 4936 comments It's not possible to change data on some books at the moment especially kindle edition due to the changes occurring on GR.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, that's unfortunate, but thank you, Paula.

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula (Paulaan) | 4936 comments I meant to add once the changes have occurred we can change it then

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 2 comments Can someone please help me with getting my saved books to open so that I can read them. I have them saved as currently reading yet there is no link that will open them. Im not sure if I have the wrong format setting or what the deal is. Im really frustrated with this. I hope someone out there can help me cause if I can't figure it out im going to unsub. I don't want to do that cause I have found lots of good books. I just can't read them for some reason.

message 6: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 309 comments Istvan — I just tried fixing your release dates, and it worked, so they should be correct now!

Stephanie — What do you mean, exactly? E-books? Your exported book file? What "saved" books?

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 3610 comments Stephanie, the 2 books you have as currently reading are a listing of the book. They aren't actually the book. You'll need to purchase or borrow the books to read them.

message 8: by Helen (new)

Helen | 67 comments Goodreads allows you to catalogue books you have read or want to read, it doesn't have any books, e-version or paperback, that you can actually read.

message 9: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 3610 comments Well, occasionally there are ebooks that are available to read, usually public domain but sometimes others.

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 2 comments Helen, Sandra! Thank you so much for clearing that up for me. I understand now lol. Thanks for your time! Stephanie.

unread topics | mark unread