Reading is my escape discussion

→Archives > What are you up to?

Comments (showing 101-150 of 1,048) (1048 new)    post a comment »

message 101: by Nanna -DD- (last edited Feb 02, 2012 01:20PM) (new)

Nanna -DD- Question: I was messing around with my new Tablet, trying to find a great background photo, and got me thinking what picture do you guys have as wallpaper on you laptops, computers and more.....?

I finally found this one which is absolutely beautiful IMO - I'm a sucker for great color works ;P http://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/5...

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 201 comments Nanna -Danish Dhlite- wrote: "Question: I was messing around with my new Tablet, trying to find a great background photo, and got me thinking what picture do you guys have as wallpaper on you laptops, computers and more.....?
..."

Ohhh very pretty. I had a pic of all my nieces and nephews however I got a new niece and the kids complain when they see the pic and she is not in it. So now I have a picture of characters from the TV show The Wuzzles. I loved that show when I was little.

Nanna -DD- Shannon wrote: "Nanna -Danish Dhlite- wrote: "Question: I was messing around with my new Tablet, trying to find a great background photo, and got me thinking what picture do you guys have as wallpaper on you lapt..."

haahhaa, just google that show. HOW CUTE !!! ;P

message 104: by Zany Rin, Your Zany PNR Addict! (last edited Feb 02, 2012 01:52PM) (new)

Zany Rin (zany_rin) | 615 comments Mod
Carolyn wrote: "Sounds like a great time Jenne. Have fun!!!

RiN, good luck:)"

Thanks Carolyn!

Update ... I am fairly confident in my testing performance. Biology flew by and after I check a few updates its off to grab some lunch at Chipotle ... the best mexican grill ever! But sadly I have a tickle in my throat that I am hoping goes away and does not turn into something more like Strep or something.

Vhlicious~V (YourShyQuietModerator) | 428 comments Mod
well all here at home are sick, I thank my sister. The only two that got away were my twins but they're miserable due to their boosters. Now I know I have to bring the army in to hold my son down for them, he's freaking strong as an ox took all the nurse, my mom and me to hold him down...I am soo in trouble in the future with him. Hope everyone has a good weekend :)

~Jennifer~ (Book_Addiction) | 608 comments Some days it just really sucks being associated with the military. For those of you who believe in the power of prayer, please pray for my family. We've got something coming up soon that's just really, really, going to suck since we've never had one since our son was born. :(

message 107: by ~Jennifer~ (last edited Feb 03, 2012 06:51AM) (new)

~Jennifer~ (Book_Addiction) | 608 comments LibaryThing has the Early Reviewers list up for this month. Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4) by Stacia Kane is on it. Go request it!!

ER List

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 201 comments Vhlicious~V wrote: "Now I know I have to bring the army in to hold my son down f..."

Oh gosh, I remember that from getting my Kindergarten boosters (many many moons ago) took 6 nurses my doc and my mom to hold me.

~Jennifer~ wrote: "For those of you who believe in the power of prayer, please pray for my family. We've got something coming up soon that's just rea..."

I'm praying everything works out well for your family.

I'm sitting here wondering if I've lost control of my hands/fingers or if my mouse is just crazy. I keep scrolling hundreds of rows or columns past what I'm trying to do in this huge excel worksheet. So glad it's Friday and I won't have to deal with this tomorrow.

message 109: by Aestas Book Blog (last edited Feb 03, 2012 07:15AM) (new)

Aestas Book Blog Sending good wishes to your family Jennifer

I'm sitting here on set while the crew tries to figure out what is going on... "hurry up and wait" is the story of my life. Sigh lol.

Yay for weekend tomorrow - I have so much to read!!
I think there should be a designated reading day every week where the world shuts down and just leaves you alone for a day in a cozy corner with your book. I think it should be the law.

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 201 comments Aestas wrote: "I think there should be a designated reading day every week where the world shuts down and just leaves you alone for a day in a cozy corner with your book. I think it should be the law. "

You so get my vote for making this a law!! Best idea I've heard all week! ;-D

Bookie | The BookChick  (TheBookChick305) ~Jennifer~ wrote: "Some days it just really sucks being associated with the military. For those of you who believe in the power of prayer, please pray for my family. We've got something coming up soon that's just rea..."

I do Jennifer and I will pray that everything works out well.

Bookie | The BookChick  (TheBookChick305) Shannon wrote: "Aestas wrote: "I think there should be a designated reading day every week where the world shuts down and just leaves you alone for a day in a cozy corner with your book. I think it should be the l..."

I second that vote Aestas!!! I have a cold so I decided to stay home today so I'm kinda/sorta doing it. But, I have some academic reading I need to do first and then it's back to Twilight.......AAAARGH!!!

Sam  (sam222) | 138 comments Shannon wrote: ....Oh gosh, I remember that from getting my Kindergarten boosters (many many moons ago) took 6 nurses my doc and my mom to hold me. "

I strangely remember mine too...It took 5 nurses, my doctor and my Mom to hold me down.I kicked one of the nurses in the face and if I remember correctly I think I kicked my doctor in the balls lol. You know now that I think of it that could possibly be my source of fear to needles.

~Jennifer~ wrote: "Some days it just really sucks being associated with the military. For those of you who believe in the power of prayer, please pray for my family. We've got something coming up soon that's just rea..."

Praying for ya, I know bits and pieces of the military, I can take a guess or two at what's going on. Thoughts and prayers

Shannon wrote: "Vhlicious~V wrote: "Now I know I have to bring the army in to hold my son down f..."

Oh gosh, I remember that from getting my Kindergarten boosters (many many moons ago) took 6 nurses my doc and ..."

I remember mine as well, I shook up all the kids that were there to get theirs. No one knew what was happening till I started my screaming. It took them about 4 nurses to get me to be still. Althought I can remember being sick in the hospital with food poisoning as a tot and it took 6 nurses, my dr, my mom, and the phlebotomist to hold me down. I may have been weak during that time but I was sure as hell not getting a shot

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 201 comments Sam I'm still fully scared of them myself. I have to look at a wall in the opposite direction and concentrate really hard on not moving because everything in me wants to jump up and run away.

Carrie (DyslexicSquirrel) | 190 comments ~Jennifer~ wrote: "LibaryThing has the Early Reviewers list up for this month. Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4) by Stacia Kane is on it. Go request it!!

ER List"

Done and Done! lol

message 118: by Zany Rin, Your Zany PNR Addict! (new)

Okay so I went to patient first after work and was in and out in like 30 minutes or something but regardless I have an upper resp. infection ... which leads to lots of oj, some decongestion and a days rest ... no antibotics ... unless I get worse. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't get that extreme. So while I'm resting happy reading and happy super bowl for all the football fanatics.

message 119: by Sam (last edited Feb 04, 2012 05:28PM) (new)

Sam  (sam222) | 138 comments I'm watching a movie...It's about a mutant Mosquito...It's better then one might expect from a movie about a mutant mosquito.

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 201 comments Hope you feel better soon RiN. I just got home from my mother's house warming party. About to put on my pjs, crawl into bed and read Destined until I fall asleep.

message 121: by Zany Rin, Your Zany PNR Addict! (new)

Shannon wrote: "Hope you feel better soon RiN. I just got home from my mother's house warming party. About to put on my pjs, crawl into bed and read Destined until I fall asleep."

Thanks Shannon. How are classes going? I have already had my first round of exams!

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 201 comments Basically overwhelming. Had my first Stat test last Tuesday and my first Bio test tomorrow. I do not have warm fuzzy feelings about either.

Danniella Duff (danniellaalisaduff) | 18 comments Just watched a movie with my boyfriend and drinking beer trying to figure out what book to read. I can't believe how cold it is here in England. I love visiting my family but I can't wait to go back home to Cali

message 124: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

Shellbelle  | 1399 comments Mod
Oh Rin I hope you get feeling better! Sucks being sick, but it's as good as an excuse as any to relax and read!

I'm spending another Sunday listening to the BF clicking away on the computer (working...boo) when we were supposed to be chilling...Someone explain to me why I picked a work-aholic?! Though it does allow me to get a lot of reading done without feeling guilty, so there is that...LOL!

message 125: by Nanna -DD- (last edited Feb 05, 2012 02:45PM) (new)

Nanna -DD- Just wanted to brag. I've got a much needed day off tomorrow :p No, Garfield monday for me, woop woop :D

Sam  (sam222) | 138 comments What am I doing? I'M WATCHING THE SUPER BOWL!!!! Although my team isn't playing.

Danniella Duff (danniellaalisaduff) | 18 comments This sucks I can't watch the superbowl :( Watching Family Guy: The Something Something Darkside instead

Sam  (sam222) | 138 comments Danniella wrote: "This sucks I can't watch the superbowl :( Watching Family Guy: The Something Something Darkside instead"

Aww I'm sorry, that sucks

So far Giants have 9 Patriots 0

Danniella Duff (danniellaalisaduff) | 18 comments ♫Sam♫ wrote: "Danniella wrote: "This sucks I can't watch the superbowl :( Watching Family Guy: The Something Something Darkside instead"

Aww I'm sorry, that sucks

So far Giants have 9 Patriots 0"

Awesome some of my friends are supporting the Giants so go them :) Thanks for the update!

Sam  (sam222) | 138 comments Danniella wrote:
"Awesome some of my friends are supporting the Giants so go them :) Thanks for the update! "..."

No prob

Btw Patriots got a field goal so it's 9 to 3 now

message 131: by ♠~Dawn~♠, Alpha Dawn - Your Fearless Leader (new)

♠~Dawn~♠ (aidansmommy) | 852 comments Mod
trying to get Aidan to go to bed, it sounds horrible but he's working on my nerves. worked a 9 hour day and come home and he's cranky and won't go to bed. I need mommy time!!!

~Jennifer~ (Book_Addiction) | 608 comments So. sleepy. Hubby is off for 2 weeks...really really hope he lets me sleep in tomorrow. That would be amazing. lol I'm gonna wait til he's really good and asleep and then whisper "Let Jen sleep late, Let Jen sleep late" in his ear and hope the subliminal mojo works.

Nanna -DD- ~Jennifer~ wrote: "So. sleepy. Hubby is off for 2 weeks...really really hope he lets me sleep in tomorrow. That would be amazing. lol I'm gonna wait til he's really good and asleep and then whisper "Let Jen sleep lat..."
hahahahaha :-) actually made me LOL. Reminds me of that FRIENDS episode where Chandler listens to a non smoking tape for women :P

Tired, it's been a long weedken with all the illness and today I gotta take care of another and on top of it my kids have not only learned to get out of their bed and get loose but they actually busted one of the side rails off, gone just ripped it off. Ugh I need a break

message 135: by Deb (new)

Deb (Chiana) | 27 comments SOOOO far behind in my reading! I normally finish around 3 books per week, but I only finished 2 last week and am in line to finish 1 this week! UGH!

...must...find...more...time...to read!

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 201 comments I am so tired right now I would PAY to be able to take a nap. I'm barely keeping my eyes open. Guess I need to go find caffeine pronto!

message 137: by Zany Rin, Your Zany PNR Addict! (last edited Feb 06, 2012 12:04PM) (new)

♥Shellbelle♥ wrote: "Oh Rin I hope you get feeling better! Sucks being sick, but it's as good as an excuse as any to relax and read!

I'm spending another Sunday listening to the BF clicking away on the computer (worki..."

Haha Shell that is so very true. I laid in bed all day yesterday and read
Switch by Megan Hart
From cover to cover. It was very good although I felt bad for Eric.
And now I think I'm going to read ...
Rawhide Angel by Sayde Grace

But if you don't want a workaholic I will gladly take him off your hands. LoL!

message 138: by ♠~Dawn~♠, Alpha Dawn - Your Fearless Leader (new)

day 6 of my 7 day stretch at work, it's going agonizingly slow lol

message 139: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

RiN a.k.a ♥ Thwisted Dhelyght ♥ wrote: "♥Shellbelle♥ wrote: "Oh Rin I hope you get feeling better! Sucks being sick, but it's as good as an excuse as any to relax and read!

I'm spending another Sunday listening to the BF clicking away o..."

Rin darlin' you would eat that poor boy alive! LOL!

message 140: by ♠~Dawn~♠, Alpha Dawn - Your Fearless Leader (new)

Sitting here watching The Vampire Diaries. exhausted from a rough nights sleep

Spgmt *Paula* (spgmtPaula) | 120 comments Ohhh lucky you wish I was watching that !!!!

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 201 comments Enjoy you time to relax Dawn. BTW how is your son doing? Pink eye all cleared up?

message 143: by ♠~Dawn~♠, Alpha Dawn - Your Fearless Leader (new)

Shannon wrote: "Enjoy you time to relax Dawn. BTW how is your son doing? Pink eye all cleared up?"

yep it's finally cleared up thanks for asking!

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 201 comments @Dawn Great! I hate it when any of my nieces or nephews are sick. Its such a helpless feeling when all you can do is sit and wait for meds to work.

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 244 comments We've been lucky this winter none of us have gotten sick. *knock on wood now that I said that*

@Dawn glad your son's pink eye cleared up. That's such a nasty miserable thing to have. Poor guy I bet he was miserable.

@Jennifer I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. I hope it all works out.

Well we had such a good time gambling this last weekend and did pretty good. We've decided to go back in a couple of weeks. It's hard not to when you can go and it doesn't cost you a thing!

★¸. • * ° *  Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie*°°*•.¸. ♥★ (mamabear7080) I'm off to bed. It's midnight. I got hubby season one of game of thrones for his birthday, and he thinks he has to watch it all tonight!! i've had enough.!

message 147: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

It has been a LONG week and I'm so ready for it to be friday already...But first I have to get through tonight:-(

Spgmt *Paula* (spgmtPaula) | 120 comments I am being really naughty, I should be leaving to pick up son from school but I can not put my book down so I am going to pretend that I am not home so he walks lol!! Is that a bad parent???

But exercise is good for him right???

Aestas Book Blog Spgmt *Paula* wrote: "I am being really naughty, I should be leaving to pick up son from school but I can not put my book down so I am going to pretend that I am not home so he walks lol!! Is that a bad parent???

B..."

LOL

Nanna -DD- Spgmt *Paula* wrote: "I am being really naughty, I should be leaving to pick up son from school but I can not put my book down so I am going to pretend that I am not home so he walks lol!! Is that a bad parent???

B..."

hahahahahha. What are you gonna do when he gets home and see that you're there? ;P