Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Amazon is going away as a data source

Comments (showing 1,601-1,604 of 1,604) (1604 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1601: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Yes, I have ebook ISBNs on some of the Kindle editions I just checked. Others have no ISBN. I haven't found any with ASINs internally.

Mahlon (mahlon32) | 9 comments Christa, I downloaded the Kindle for PC app. How/where do I find the book's filename?

Thanks,
Mahlon

message 1603: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 31, 2012 09:19AM) (new)

Mahlon wrote: "Christa, I downloaded the Kindle for PC app. How/where do I find the book's filename?

Thanks,
Mahlon"

If you have whispersync turned on, K4PC will sync your archive. This can take a few minutes after you start K4PC the first time.

(If you don't have whispersync turned on in your account, you'll have to go the the Amazon "Manage My Kindle" page and "deliver to my..." to K4PC for that book.)

Once the books show up in your archive, double click the archive book to download it. Then, go to "My Documents" > "My Kindle Content" in Windows explorer. There you'll find the file and can get the ASIN from the name.

message 1604: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 21772 comments Mod
I suggest a new thread about finding ASINs in Kindle books you own, so people might actually see it.

Actually, I'm going to close this behemoth of a thread, now that the deadline has come and gone. Feel free to start new threads as needed.

1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 33 next »
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.