City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) City of Glass discussion

Why do you think Clary recgonizes Tessa?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 304) (304 new)    post a comment »

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ In CoG, Clary sees Magnus talking to a brown-haired girl who Cassie has revealed as Tessa. Clary at this point says that the girl looks familiar. Why do you think that is?

Laerke I've thought about that too but I really have no idea.

Christian Here's a thought which just occurred to me. What if the reason Tessa looks familiar to Clary is because she has seen her before, speaking with her mother in the past. Perhaps when she went to one of her visits to Magnus and the memory is only now just poking out because she sees her again.

Lets look at the facts, we seem to know that Magnus and Tessa still keep in touch. She was acquainted with Ragnor Fell. We know that Tessa has a connection to the Fairchilds through Charlotte. Maybe she has kept in contact with the Fairchilds through the years and knew Jocelyn. We also know that Clary has not recovered all of her memories, so perhaps seeing her at the celebration began to jostle loose some of those memories. But because she only caught a glimpse of her, it was not enough to fully loosen things up. Just a thought.

Veronica Who's Tessa?

Krystle Read Clockwork Angel and you'll know who Tessa is :)

Veronica Krystle wrote: "Read Clockwork Angel and you'll know who Tessa is :)"

Actually I'm halfway through it but i don't remember reading about her in city of glass.

Dhvani she's near the very end of COG; clary just see's a brown haired girl in the woods talking with magnus (correct me if i'm wrong). She only thinks the girl is familiar. That's about it.

Mychele Christian wrote: "Here's a thought which just occurred to me. What if the reason Tessa looks familiar to Clary is because she has seen her before, speaking with her mother in the past. Perhaps when she went to one o..."

I like your theory sounds very likely

Mika Christian wrote: "Here's a thought which just occurred to me. What if the reason Tessa looks familiar to Clary is because she has seen her before, speaking with her mother in the past. Perhaps when she went to one o..."

I think so too. I have the feeling that Tessa will make a full appearance in the last MI book. By then the last book of ID will be already out so we will all know who Tessa really is.

Dhvani yeah, but at the same time, CC has to make sure it isn't a spoiler for the ID books.
because in a few years time when all the books are out, people won't be reading them in publication order like us, but both the series' seperately. so thats the problem :(

message 11: by Mika (last edited Jan 27, 2012 02:36PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mika I think it can be done without giving out any major plot spoilers for ID. If you have read ID first it wouldn't have spoiled anything about Magnus role in MI, right? But if someone gets introduced to Cassandra's work later on in the future, it would be good idea to start with ID. I always like to read books in the world's chronological order instead of publication order.

Megan I think its because Clary saw a picture or something of Tessa in Jace's box of his dads old things. (But its probably just wishful thinking for Will)

Hannah Christian wrote: "Here's a thought which just occurred to me. What if the reason Tessa looks familiar to Clary is because she has seen her before, speaking with her mother in the past. Perhaps when she went to one o..."

I like this theory...it seems pretty likely

message 14: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin WOW! I had know clue Tessa was mentioned in City of Glass! I knew that the TMI characters were mentioned in TID! Like Mangus and Camile but wow! Awesome

message 15: by Bron (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bron I have no idea how tessa was still around 150 years later, weird, but i agree with all of you guys she could have kept in contact with the fairchilds, and she could have been there at one of the appointments.

message 16: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Hey why did the TMI come out before the TID if the TID were before the TMI....I dont get why Clare did that?

message 17: by Bron (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bron Because she wrote the TMI series first but wanted to explain how things occured the way they did in TMI by writing TID

message 18: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Ohhh ok! Thanks

Christian *~*~*~*Bronnie*~*~*~* wrote: "I have no idea how tessa was still around 150 years later, weird, but i agree with all of you guys she could have kept in contact with the fairchilds, and she could have been there at one of the ap..."

The reason Tessa is still around in the Mortal Instruments time is because she is a Warlock, like Magnus Bane. They do not die of old age. They can live forever.

message 20: by Bron (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bron Really when did it say that? i thought they werent sure if she was a warlock because she bore no marks

Christian *~*~*~*Bronnie*~*~*~* wrote: "Really when did it say that? i thought they werent sure if she was a warlock because she bore no marks"

They never definitively say, but in the paperback version of Clockwork Angel, there is a short story at the end called Magnus' Vow. It takes place during City of Ashes when Jace is under house arrest, in which Magnus is reminiscing about the time during Infernal Devices and talks about falling in love with mortals, while being immortal. He specifically mentions Tessa.

message 22: by Bron (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bron damn i only have the ebook copy :(

Hannah Megan wrote: "I think its because Clary saw a picture or something of Tessa in Jace's box of his dads old things. (But its probably just wishful thinking for Will)"

I really like your theory. You were totally thinking outside the box on what everybody else was thinking, so its my favorite so far! lol

Katherine Christian wrote: "Here's a thought which just occurred to me. What if the reason Tessa looks familiar to Clary is because she has seen her before, speaking with her mother in the past. Perhaps when she went to one o..."

That was my theory as well. Also, Cassandra has said there is a reason 'Fray' and 'Gray' are so similiar. Since Fray is made up by Jocelyn, I think it was derived from Gray.
And we don't know yet if Tessa is a warlock, or what she is. But, because of CoG, we know that she is immortal!

message 25: by Romy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Romy Baker what page is it when magnus is talking to tessa?

message 26: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Very good theory. I'm still holding onto hope that she is Jace's ancestor, and that's why she looks familiar to Clary. And of course if she's his ancestor, she has to be a Herondale :)

Dhvani Tessa isn't a Herondale. If you read TID, you'll know that. Even if she married Will, she couldn't be Jace's ancestor, because she's a warlock, and they can't have children.

Rania Tessa is NOT a worlock. we dont know wat she is but she is immortal. that doesnt mean shes a worlock. and we dont know that she cant have children bc shes not a worlock.

Hannah Romy wrote: "what page is it when magnus is talking to tessa?"

It hasn't been confirmed whether she is a warlock or not..well find out in clockwork princess!
And Romy I don't know what page but it's the very back of the book when everyone is walking to the festival/party just before Magnus comes over to tell clary where jace is

Midwestocean I like the theory that Clary and Tessa are related somehow.

message 31: by Bron (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bron that would be awesome wouldnt it

Janelle Janica Gomez Veronica wrote: "Who's Tessa?"

Read Clockwork Angel, dear. It's awesome.

Janelle Janica Gomez Midwestocean wrote: "I like the theory that Clary and Tessa are related somehow."

That would be awesome... Although, would that mean the Clary's part warlock too? o.O?

Deondra I know Tessa is immortal, but I just don't think she's a Warlock, she doesn't have a Warlock's mark to prove it. I think she's something else entirely.

Hannah Deondra wrote: "I know Tessa is immortal, but I just don't think she's a Warlock, she doesn't have a Warlock's mark to prove it. I think she's something else entirely."

Agreed

Keona Chandler Rockclimbingirl wrote: "In CoG, Clary sees Magnus talking to a brown-haired girl who Cassie has revealed as Tessa. Clary at this point says that the girl looks familiar. Why do you think that is?"

where do they see tessa in the book i cant remember. i want to read it again.

Savannah Keona wrote: "Rockclimbingirl wrote: "In CoG, Clary sees Magnus talking to a brown-haired girl who Cassie has revealed as Tessa. Clary at this point says that the girl looks familiar. Why do you think that is?"
..."

Its like the last few pages. before she goes to see jace on the steps.

Rania *Magnus stood in the shadow of a tree, talking to a girl in a while dress with a cloud of pale brown hair.*

that was tessa.

Cran Berry Christian wrote: "*~*~*~*Bronnie*~*~*~* wrote: "Really when did it say that? i thought they werent sure if she was a warlock because she bore no marks"

They never definitively say, but in the paperback version of C..."

I think Magnus's Vow is a major spoiler! In the 1st ID book and the beginning of the second we don't know for sure if she is a warlock it's suppose to be a mystery, and then with Magnus's vow at the end of the first book it just spoils the whole thing. Now we know that whether Tessa chooses Jem or Will, she will still be alone in the long run because they will eventually die. Im really dissapointed in Cassie Clare I think it's wrong that she spoiled part of the story like that.

Rania But we kind of knew she was immortal before magnus vow. you know from COG and COFA...

Cran Berry Rania wrote: "But we kind of knew she was immortal before magnus vow. you know from COG and COFA..."

Actually, they never say that was Tessa in the books, and it is a spoiler because they say she's a warlock.

Rania Hold it! in magnus vow they say shes a worlock?? just bc shes immortal doesnt mean shes a worlock.

Cran Berry I know just bc shes immortal doesnt mean shes a warlock. But they actually say she is.

message 44: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy Hannah wrote: "Megan wrote: "I think its because Clary saw a picture or something of Tessa in Jace's box of his dads old things. (But its probably just wishful thinking for Will)"

I really like your theory. You..."

But the box didn't turn up u til City of Fallen Angels!

Eileen Wait, wait, wait! Tessa's immortal! I was reading half these comments wondering how she'd be immortal after all that time and then you guys started saying she's a warlock! And now my day is ruined because she'll live without Will OR Jem in the end! Grrr... why can't there be HEAs at the end of every series? There usually are, but I'm talking in the long-run. I think Cassie should make the guy Tessa ends up with immortal. But that's just me freaking out over nothing.

Hannah Katy wrote: "Hannah wrote: "Megan wrote: "I think its because Clary saw a picture or something of Tessa in Jace's box of his dads old things. (But its probably just wishful thinking for Will)"

I really like yo..."

What box?

message 47: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy The box that contains jace's dads things....she doesn't see it til she sees him on the steps! Is this the same box lol

Alexa Maybe tessa could have kids remeber she is different from any other downworlder

Mychele Keona wrote: "Rockclimbingirl wrote: "In CoG, Clary sees Magnus talking to a brown-haired girl who Cassie has revealed as Tessa. Clary at this point says that the girl looks familiar. Why do you think that is?"
..."

Its in the epilogue

Mychele Sagine wrote: "Christian wrote: "*~*~*~*Bronnie*~*~*~* wrote: "Really when did it say that? i thought they werent sure if she was a warlock because she bore no marks"

They never definitively say, but in the pape..."

Who says she ends up alone? Just because you see her talking to Magnus that doesn't mean anything.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

City of Glass (other topics)