Imagine Peace discussion

Peaceful Discussions > Peaceful People

Comments (showing 1-50 of 81) (81 new)    post a comment »

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) Talk about anyone who helped spread the word of peace or fought against hatred such as Dr. Martin Luther King.

Shannon I actually don't really know.... :D

My brain's not working at the moment, when I'm actually, like, awake I'll post here what I think :)

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) John Lennon.
Mahatma Gandhi
etc.

socially awkward taco (slushipup1903) What about Mother Teresa?

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) Her too. Lots of 'em.

Lori The Allied Forces in WWII

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) Definitely.

Edgemund (EJSchoenborn) Lori wrote: "The Allied Forces in WWII"

That can be argued, lol.
Anyone involved in war is not peaceful.

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) True, true. But they fought for peace. Yeah, war in general is not peaceful though.

Edgemund (EJSchoenborn) Brandon wrote: "True, true. But they fought for peace. Yeah, war in general is not peaceful though."

I can agree with that.
Although during WWII the U.S.A. was (as usual) hypocritical in going to war with Germany for concentration camps as we had at the time JAPANESE concentration camps in AMERICA. We kept them against their will in barracks surrounded by chain link fences... yeah, we're America and we don't follow our own rules. :P

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) Not denying that.

Edgemund (EJSchoenborn) That was like my whole reason for thinking the Allies weren't exactly peaceful, lol.

message 14: by Brandon (last edited Jan 25, 2012 05:23PM) (new)

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) Good points. I retract my original statements of agreement that they were peaceful.

Lori "the U.S.A. was (as usual) hypocritical in going to war..."

Tell me, are ya often called a genius???

Exccccccuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssseeeeeeee me! The U.S. DID NOT ENTER THE WAR UNTIL JAPAN DECLARED WAR ON THE UNITED STATES BY BOMBING PEARL HARBOR.

FURTHER, THE INTERRMENT CAMPS WERE NOTHING LIKE CONCENTRATION CAMPS. WHY DON'T YOU READ UP ON THAT.

ADDITIONALLY, THE U.S. DID NOT ENTER THE WAR WITH THE MISSION OF LIBERATING CONCENTRATION CAMPS. THE REASONS WERE MYRIAD. (IT'S OK, YOU CAN GO LOOK THAT WORD UP.) IT'S APPARENT BY YOUR BIG MOUTH AND SMALL BRAIN THAT YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHY THE U.S. W\ENTERED THE SECOND WORLD WAR.

CHECK YOUR HISTORY AND MAKE SURE YOU'RE ACCURATE AND UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING YOU READ.

IT'S ALWAYS BEST TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT WHEN YOU KNOW NOT OF WHAT YOU SPEAK; OTHERWISE YOU ONLY LET THE REST OF US KNOW HOW IGNORANT YOU ARE.

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) Lori, umm...chill.

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) Caps lock solves nothing.

Mimi (SparksFly) Abraham Lincoln

Lori FYI: The Civil War was not fought to abolish slavery.

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) I know, Lori! We're not that dumb.

Lori Sorry, I was m-a-d.

message 22: by Edgemund (last edited Jan 25, 2012 06:32PM) (new)

Edgemund (EJSchoenborn) Lori wrote: ""the U.S.A. was (as usual) hypocritical in going to war..."

Exccccccuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssseeeeeeee me! The U.S. DID NOT ENTER THE WAR UNTIL JAPAN DE..."

I meant that the U.S. was hypocritical, not the fact that everytime they go to war it's hypocritical. This is a group about peace which you have neglected by your rampage about how "I have no idea what I'm talking about and have a small brain."

Now:
-You seem to have neglected one of the other reasons why we went to war with Germany. Mexico was ready to declare war on us after Germany sent them a telegraph telling them that if they declared war on the U.S. to keep us busy, then they could have Texas back. We intercepted this (allegedly) and that was one of the reasons.

-One of the other reasons was the sinking of the British cruiseliner with American passengers, The Lusitania. It was sunk by a German U-Boat (a submarine).

-Then FINALLY, Japan bombed Pearl Harbor.

The internment camps were better than concentration camps in terms of hygiene and food, BUT they were concentration camps no less. They forced all Japanese there against their will. They forced them into barracks too small for the amount of people. And the racism and discrimination and fear against the Japanese-Americans was terrible for the next decade or so.

And even when the U.S. was supposedly not part of the war, they still gave weapons, clothing, and food to the Russians, the British, and the French during the war. There was no FORMAL declaration of war until December 11th for Germany and December 8th for Japan, but US was in the war far before then.

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) Want a chill pill? ;)

Mimi (SparksFly) And this is supposed to be a peaceful topic?

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) As long as it stays diplomatic and no weaponry is pulled out or war declared.

Mimi (SparksFly) Mad isnt peaceful. Calm down and count backwards or think about pleasant memories. Like the beach and the cold water flowing over your skin on a hot summer day. Or hanging out with ur BFF's and just chilling out.

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) Or slamming doors and screaming at the top of your lungs and staying away from people so you don't kill anyone.

Also I've found that listening to music helps.

Edgemund (EJSchoenborn) Mimi wrote: "Mad isnt peaceful. Calm down and count backwards or think about pleasant memories. Like the beach and the cold water flowing over your skin on a hot summer day. Or hanging out with ur BFF's and jus..."

I'm not the one who put everything into Caps Lock, insulted a person's intelligence based on one comment, and spoke in a sarcastic tone the whole time she was ranting.

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) *shrugs*

Mimi (SparksFly) Brandon wrote: "Or slamming doors and screaming at the top of your lungs and staying away from people so you don't kill anyone.

Also I've found that listening to music helps."

Yes listening to music does help. Depends on what ur listening too.

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) Rock and metal helps very much. The louder the better.

Edgemund (EJSchoenborn) Okay, well, I was in a state too and in my big rant above. The first and last paragraphs are totally not needed and completely irrelevant and at least mildly hurtful so for those I'm sorry and I'm going to edit those out.

But I will not take being called an idiot lying down. I am an American and a pacifist and I feel like America joins wars it has no part in.

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) Yeah, I agree.

MizziQ Hollywood Undead....good mad music. :)

Edgemund (EJSchoenborn) Kara wrote: "Hollywood Undead....good mad music. :)"

Or Flyleaf... Especially "I'm So Sick"

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) Haha, I know lots of good mad-music. XD
If you want to relax listen to Pink Floyd. It makes me want to float away.

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) EJ Luv Zombie wrote: "Kara wrote: "Hollywood Undead....good mad music. :)"

Or Flyleaf... Especially "I'm So Sick""

<3

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) Three Days Grace. Especially "Riot"
System of a Down.
KoRn.
Slipknot.
Avenged Sevenfold.
etc.

MizziQ Pink Floyd is cool but I like going to sleep to more upbeat music. Go figure.

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) Hmmm...interesting.

What's your favorite Floyd song?

Lori EJ Luv Zombie wrote: "Lori wrote: ""the U.S.A. was (as usual) hypocritical in going to war..."

Exccccccuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssseeeeeeee me! The U.S. DID NOT ENTER THE WAR UNTIL..."

Purleeze, I didn't use caps to "sound smart."

If you know the word myriad, why did you use a capital "M"?

I quite know about the Lusitania--I copyedited my boss' book on it, aside from the fact that I paid attention in school.

Yes, we all know about Mexico and Texas.

Tell me, love, why they did this: "And even when the U.S. was supposedly not part of the war, they still gave weapons, clothing, and food to the Russians, the British, and the French during the war."

Explain, where do I find peace in these--your--words?:
"Although during WWII the U.S.A. was (as usual) hypocritical in going to war with Germany for concentration camps as we had at the time JAPANESE concentration camps in AMERICA. We kept them against their will in barracks surrounded by chain link fences... yeah, we're America and we don't follow our own rules."

Better yet, go away, you're annoying me. And I won't dignify you by wasting any more of my time reading your drivel. Get back to me when you grow up and understand the world a little better. No. Wait. Don't. Self-hating Americans make my skin crawl.

MizziQ Brandon wrote: "Hmmm...interesting.

What's your favorite Floyd song?"

Hey you.

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) Everyone stop being so serious! HUG EVERYTHING!

NOW!

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) Kara wrote: "Brandon wrote: "Hmmm...interesting.

What's your favorite Floyd song?"

Hey you."

Epic. That's one of my favorites. Probably top three.

Comfortably Numb
Wish You Were Here
Hey You

MizziQ I'm not trying to be. :) I'm just a naturally serious person. *HUG*

Lori EJ Luv Zombie wrote: "Mimi wrote: "Mad isnt peaceful. Calm down and count backwards or think about pleasant memories. Like the beach and the cold water flowing over your skin on a hot summer day. Or hanging out with ur..."

Oh, ick, your "one" comment was several. You didn't like my sarcasm? Welp, I guess that su*ks for you. Enough. Don't you have to wake up for school in the morning? Get lost, "Zombie."

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) *HUGS FOR EVERYONE*

I should change the group description to this:

Welcome to the jungle
We got fun 'n' games
We got everything you want
Honey we know the names
We are the people that can find
Whatever you may need
If you got the money honey
We got your disease

Chorus:
In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Watch it bring you to your knees, knees
I wanna watch you bleed

Welcome to the jungle
We take it day by day
If you want it you're gonna bleed
But it's the price you pay
And you're a very sexy girl
That's very hard to please
You can taste the bright lights
But you won't get them for free

In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Feel my, my serpentine
I, I wanna hear yous-cream

Welcome to the jungle
It gets worse here evryday
Ya learn ta live like an animal
In the jungle where we play
If you got a hunger for what you see
You'll take it eventually
You can have anything you want
But you better not take it from me

Chorus

And when you're high you never
Ever want to come down, YEAH!

You know where you are
You're in the jungle baby
You're gonna die
In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Feel my, my serpentine
In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Watch it bring you to your
It's gonna bring you down
Ha!

Brandon (whyareyoureadingthissilly) Lori wrote: "EJ Luv Zombie wrote: "Mimi wrote: "Mad isnt peaceful. Calm down and count backwards or think about pleasant memories. Like the beach and the cold water flowing over your skin on a hot summer day. ..."

Everyone chillax! Seriously. *facepalm* This group is insane.

MizziQ Brandon wrote: "*HUGS FOR EVERYONE*

I should change the group description to this:

Welcome to the jungle
We got fun 'n' games
We got everything you want
Honey we know the names
We are the people that can find
W..."

Haha! Change it. Totally do it. :) Of course they're only trying to kill each other virtually...so everything's cool. :)

MizziQ *claps* luv em'

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mahatma Gandhi (other topics)