Born This Way discussion

Sexuality > Coming Out

Comments (showing 1-50 of 94) (94 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

No matter gay, straight or bi, lesbian transgender life, we all have to come out sometime.
I just don't know when hall be for me.

Next year?
In ten years?

I don't know. And it scares me.

Michelle (Phillip_Arthur_Russell_IV) you're not alone babe, NEVER forget that

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

It just doesn't always seem like that.
It scares me.
I need their approval.
And I know I'll just fuck everything up like I always seem to.

message 4: by ~Skybabe~ ~Fairy Tail~ .:Erza the armored wizard:. {Titania}, We are all the same. Sexuality makes NO difference... (new)

~Skybabe~ ~Fairy Tail~ .:Erza the armored wizard:. {Titania} | 260 comments Mod
Coming out doesn't have to be a scary thing. You just have to relax, and when the time is right.. it will happen.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

They'll disown me.
My dad still isn't speaking to my brother. He came out in December.

message 6: by ~Skybabe~ ~Fairy Tail~ .:Erza the armored wizard:. {Titania}, We are all the same. Sexuality makes NO difference... (new)

They won't. This happened to my friend. Parents have a vision for these kids this is a big thing.

But remember, we are always here for you.

curious little beastie (SlayBitchSlay) Francois, you have no idea how much I relate to you. >_< I live in a country where being gay is like a very very very very rare disease. I've never in my life met someone else like me here.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I know. It makes it much better knowing this.

And my dad told my brother hat he "had a bad problem" he had to "get his life in line" and dump his boyfriend and find a wife.

What. The. Fuck.

I mean, I love my parents so, so much, but they don't understand.

message 9: by ~Skybabe~ ~Fairy Tail~ .:Erza the armored wizard:. {Titania}, We are all the same. Sexuality makes NO difference... (new)

No one really does unless it happened to them. I could get my friend to talk to you?

curious little beastie (SlayBitchSlay) I don't think I'd ever plan on coming out. How am I supposed to come out when homosexuality in this country barely ever comes up in conversation? Where I live, it's like, if you're straight, then you're normal. If you're not, then you're an otherworldly being. I'm not even kidding.

Michelle (Phillip_Arthur_Russell_IV) I want to hug the both of you so much and promise everything is going to be fine..

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

~Skybabe~ ~Boss 9~ [psychic4] ~CHOCOHOLIC2~ wrote: "No one really does unless it happened to them. I could get my friend to talk to you?"

That would be stunning.

And Fauzy, I get it. Trust me. In South Africa being gay is like being some AIDS-ridden, Devil worshiping animal who wants nothing but sex.

message 13: by ~Skybabe~ ~Fairy Tail~ .:Erza the armored wizard:. {Titania}, We are all the same. Sexuality makes NO difference... (new)

Great well he's been through this too.

curious little beastie (SlayBitchSlay) It would be nice to meet at least one human being in this country that's like me, though, you know? But sometimes I feel like I'm the only person here that's different. Like all the others are stereotyped and are pretty much the same.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Are his parents Christian?
Is he?

That'd make it easier.

message 16: by ~Skybabe~ ~Fairy Tail~ .:Erza the armored wizard:. {Titania}, We are all the same. Sexuality makes NO difference... (new)

I've never actually asked. ...

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

fαuzαn | wιld нearт ♥ wrote: "It would be nice to meet at least one human being in this country that's like me, though, you know? But sometimes I feel like I'm the only person here that's different. Like all the others are ster..."

Don't say that. Your special. You're unique.
If they follow the mould, they're fucked in the head.

And Ducky, don't worry, I was just curious.

message 18: by ~Skybabe~ ~Fairy Tail~ .:Erza the armored wizard:. {Titania}, We are all the same. Sexuality makes NO difference... (new)

Okay well I should go. Talk soon!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

A bientot, Ducky!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, today I came out to one of my best friends. And her sister. And her mom.

Just remember, I'm like their adopted son and they are my adopted family.

So, it all started when I got there, I was freaking out, my head was spinning. So, TJ and I chatted about our gay siblings. And it kinda just came out after a long, strained minute.

She looked at me odd and asked "Are you serious?" to which I responded "Well... Yeah, I'm to the left of centre, I guess..."

She blinked and said okay, and accepted it and was nice about it. I then told her other sister Dannielle, we're both actors and are very open to each other.
She said it was cool and she never suspected it. So, they said I could talk to Anne, their (And my other) mom. Because she went through one of her daughters coming out.

So later on that day, we were alone and I was helping Anne with dinner. "Anne, you love me, right?" I asked softly. She smiled and said, "Of course" to which I replied "So you'll accept me no matter what?"

She was quiet for a moment. "Is there something you want to tell me, sweetie?" I didn't know how to go about it "Well... I..." My tongue felt huge and dry. "I'm gay" I finally said.

She looked at me, raised an eyebrow, smiled and said. "That's all?". I smiled and said. "Well, I need to talk and... Well... I trust you a lot..." She walked over and gave me a huge hug.

We discussed and chatted for a long while. I feel better.
If only it'd run this smoothly with my parents.

But, anyway, at least my other family accepts me.
:)

message 21: by ~Skybabe~ ~Fairy Tail~ .:Erza the armored wizard:. {Titania}, We are all the same. Sexuality makes NO difference... (new)

Are you serious!? Francois, thats great news! :D

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, now it's just my real parents.
The rest of the world can go fuck itself.
If they knew, nothing would stop me.

message 23: by ~Skybabe~ ~Fairy Tail~ .:Erza the armored wizard:. {Titania}, We are all the same. Sexuality makes NO difference... (new)

Well done Francois!
Any idea when your gonna tell 'em?

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Nope.
None. I'm scared as fuck.

message 25: by ~Skybabe~ ~Fairy Tail~ .:Erza the armored wizard:. {Titania}, We are all the same. Sexuality makes NO difference... (new)

I don't blame you.
Why don't you just do what you did with Anne?

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Because Anne is accepting.

message 27: by ~Skybabe~ ~Fairy Tail~ .:Erza the armored wizard:. {Titania}, We are all the same. Sexuality makes NO difference... (new)

I noticed that. she sounds lovely.
If your worried about them disowning you.. wouldnt she allow you to move in?

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Anne and James would, yes.

message 29: by ~Skybabe~ ~Fairy Tail~ .:Erza the armored wizard:. {Titania}, We are all the same. Sexuality makes NO difference... (new)

So... your worried about disappointing them then?

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Who my parents or Anne and James?

message 31: by ~Skybabe~ ~Fairy Tail~ .:Erza the armored wizard:. {Titania}, We are all the same. Sexuality makes NO difference... (new)

Your parents.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I am.
I'm worried they wouldn't accept me.

message 33: by ~Skybabe~ ~Fairy Tail~ .:Erza the armored wizard:. {Titania}, We are all the same. Sexuality makes NO difference... (new)

Perhaps they wont... but I guess you have to make a choice...
Tell them and risk not being accepted by them
Or hide who you really are to make the feel good.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I have to do it eventually.

message 35: by ~Skybabe~ ~Fairy Tail~ .:Erza the armored wizard:. {Titania}, We are all the same. Sexuality makes NO difference... (new)

only you can decide when and how to say it.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm thinking kind of along the same line as with Anne, just a little different.

curious little beastie (SlayBitchSlay) Coming out...damn. I've narrowed it down to two people in my life that I trust the most. Either my 2nd-oldest sister or my closest cousin. I trust them, yeah. But I don't know if I'd trust them enough to, you know...reveal the biggest secret of my life. ._.

message 38: by ~Skybabe~ ~Fairy Tail~ .:Erza the armored wizard:. {Titania}, We are all the same. Sexuality makes NO difference... (new)

Only you can decide that Fauz... I don't know what its like to reveal something like this on a personal level...

And Francois, you do it how and when it feels right.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

You need to.
You can't live your life in secret.

curious little beastie (SlayBitchSlay) I keep considering to do it, but my scaredy-cat nature won't let me.

message 41: by ~Skybabe~ ~Fairy Tail~ .:Erza the armored wizard:. {Titania}, We are all the same. Sexuality makes NO difference... (new)

There's nothing wrong with being scared, but dont let it cloud your judgement.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Come to Australia.
Or wherever. If you really don't feel safe and comfortable there.

curious little beastie (SlayBitchSlay) Well, to be honest, I'm not even sure how to bring it up in conversation, really. Like I said before, where I live, being gay is the most rarest thing ever. Like, unicorn-level rare.

message 44: by ~Skybabe~ ~Fairy Tail~ .:Erza the armored wizard:. {Titania}, We are all the same. Sexuality makes NO difference... (new)

Really? That rare?

curious little beastie (SlayBitchSlay) And I can't move yet. ._. I suck at taking care of myself. I can't bring my family to move, either. Wherever they go, I get dragged along. And as far as I know, they aren't going anywhere.

curious little beastie (SlayBitchSlay) Yes, Sky. THAT rare.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

But what about lady-boys, like they have in Malaysia?

Okay, that's fucking at away, but still?

And are your family religious?

message 48: by ~Skybabe~ ~Fairy Tail~ .:Erza the armored wizard:. {Titania}, We are all the same. Sexuality makes NO difference... (new)

fαuzαn | wιld нearт ♥ wrote: "Yes, Sky. THAT rare."

That must be really hard for you...

curious little beastie (SlayBitchSlay) Lady-boys, as in drag queens? Drag queens here are very different from the ones in other countries. Here, they're always on the streets instead of performing on stage.

Well, my family is religious, yes, but I'm far from it. I'm not even sure what religion I really believe in, but my family is Muslim so I just go along with it.

message 50: by ~Skybabe~ ~Fairy Tail~ .:Erza the armored wizard:. {Titania}, We are all the same. Sexuality makes NO difference... (new)

Thats the worse thing, having to follow it just because they do..

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread