Ranger's Apprentice & Brotherband Chronicles Fans discussion

Ranger's Apprentice > Book 12 Theories

Comments (showing 1-50 of 94) (94 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I look forward to the twelfth book in this wonderful series, but there's so many places Flanagan can go with the final installment of the Ranger's Apprentice. I just hope it turns out well. I do have some guesses, though, about some of the key points and characters in the series. As Flanagan has said, this story will be set about 20 years after the Emperor of Nihon-Ja. My guess is that Will will be the head of the Ranger Corps, and will have an apprentice. Flanagan has hinted that it might even be a female one, the first ever in the Ranger Corps. Halt and Crowley will probably be retired by then, so I don't think they will be major players in the story anymore. With Will and Alyss, I'm not sure. I know they're married, but will they have kids? Where will they live? Will Alyss still be employed? I'm just not sure in that area. With Horace and Evalyn (or Cassandra, actually), I know they'll have one child, possibly more. But I'm not sure if Horace will be King yet. I don't think so, because that would mean the strong friendship between Will and Horace would probably dwindle quite a bit, and Horace wouldn't be able to continue on the expeditions throughout the kingdom. Then again, this book could just be a snapshot of life after these adventures. It could be openning a new story or series for these new apprentices that Will (and possibly Horace) will be teaching. I'm still sketchy on that. But whatever the result of this book, I'm sure it will be a huge hit and will be drawn to a close very well. For any of you who are looking for a new series to start reading, John Flanagan has started "The Brotherband Chronicles", a series set in Skandia with boys quite the same age as Will and Horace (when the Ranger's Apprentice series started). Can't wait to see the twelfth book!

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Martinez (Victoria54142) | 1 comments Who is your favorite character in The Ranger's Apprentice?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, it's probably Will. I mean, Horace is nice, but I think Will is smarter and more likable. Halt is also pretty cool, but I think he's more of someone to look up to.

message 4: by Lionlord (new)

Lionlord | 1 comments I agree

message 5: by Yonina (last edited Jul 03, 2012 04:33PM) (new)

Yonina (ethiopianhomailca) | 161 comments same.....well

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris | 1 comments Mine is Halt.

message 7: by Grace (new)

Grace (gs_edgarr) Halt, some of the skandanians, Blackie, and the healer person in book 5

message 8: by Yonina (new)

Yonina (ethiopianhomailca) | 161 comments Well Halt and Will are kinda tied there for me

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (Eiyah_Fantasyfreak) | 64 comments Will, Gilan and Halt:)

message 10: by Mivie (new)

Mivie | 27 comments Will and Halt.

message 11: by Danica, (Arya Svit-Kona) (new)

Danica (Arya_Svitkona) | 180 comments Mod
I always though Erak was a nice person. Also, Malcom from Book 5 and 6.

message 12: by Celina (new)

Celina | 5 comments Halt... um i had another but i cant remember who...

message 13: by Yonina (last edited Sep 08, 2012 05:09PM) (new)

Yonina (ethiopianhomailca) | 161 comments was it....let me list it out:
1 Main Characters
1.1 Will Treaty
1.2 Halt O'Carrick
1.3 Horace Altman
1.4 Gilan
1.5 Erak Starfollower
1.6 Cassandra Altman(hope you all read lost stories if not ...sorry about that)
1.7 Morgarath
1.8 Alyss Treaty( that too)
2 Minor characters
2.1 Jennifer Dalby
2.2 George Carter
2.3 Crowley Meratyn
2.4 Gundar Hardstriker
2.5 Nils Ropehander
2.6 Malcolm
2.7 Trobar
2.8 Orman
2.9 Sir Keren
2.10 Lady Pauline
2.11 Selethen
2.12 Sir Rodney
2.13 Ragnak
2.14 General Haz'kam
2.15 King Ferris
2.16 Sean Carrick
2.17 Tennyson
2.18 Genovesans
2.19 Skinner
2.20 Clarke
2.21 Meralon
2.22 Martin
2.23 The Black O'Malley
2.24 Deparnieux
2.25 Geldon
2.26 Berrigan
2.27 Bartell
2.28 Old Bob
2.29 Salt Peter
2.30 Shigeru
2.31 Shukin
2.32 Arisaka
3 Animals
3.1 Tug
3.2 Abelard
3.3 Kicker
3.4 Blaze
3.5 Arrow
3.6 Ebony
3.7 Sandstorm
3.8 Lord of the Sun
3.9 Shadow
4 Creatures
4.1 Wargals
4.2 Kalkara

message 14: by Mivie (new)

Mivie | 27 comments LOL thats all the characters. can't blame you though

message 15: by Danica, (Arya Svit-Kona) (new)

wow! im surprised u took the time to actually write everthing! thats awesome!

message 16: by Yonina (new)

Yonina (ethiopianhomailca) | 161 comments so Celina do you remember???

message 17: by Ober1kenobi (new)

Ober1kenobi | 1 comments Erak Starfollower
Halt O'Carrick
Will Treaty

I really can't see this series Without Halt
Maybe im scared of the series moving on because of the deep connection one gets to these characters.

message 18: by Danica, (Arya Svit-Kona) (new)

me too. It wouldnt be the same without them.

message 19: by Michael (new)

Michael Eldridge | 5 comments i like tug will and halt i would love to be a ranger i have the skills and i think modern world sucks i wished we stayed like back then in that time zone

message 20: by Michael (new)

Michael Eldridge | 5 comments i agree with his guess on the 12th book i think it will round about and he (will) will also get to get a loner kid that was too weak or didnt have what it took to be in any other craft although i am sad to say that for this book ethier there will be little to non on halt or maybe he will die some how and make another challendge for will to overcome so that he can continue to protect the kingdom sorta like when tug was retired and will couldnt focus with his horse i do really hope that they dont kill halt off i think it would be nice if halt helped will train his first apprentice

message 21: by Ranger_will16 (new)

Ranger_will16 | 3 comments 1. Will Treaty
2. Halt O'Carrick
3. Genovesans
4. Horace Altman

message 22: by Justaguy (new)

Justaguy | 1 comments 1)Tug
2)Halt
The horse wins over everyone. That's just how things work, people.

message 23: by Cloud (new)

Cloud Reyes | 3 comments Well, there's China and Mongolia. They also haven't gone to Toscana? and Gallica, etc...

message 24: by Annabeth (new)

Annabeth | 1 comments It was said at a book convention that book 12 will be set 16 years later with Will tutoring a female apprentice.

message 25: by Ranger_will16 (new)

Ranger_will16 | 3 comments id like to see genovesans that ally with rangers in one of the books

message 26: by Danica, (Arya Svit-Kona) (new)

Annabeth wrote: "It was said at a book convention that book 12 will be set 16 years later with Will tutoring a female apprentice."

That will be majorly good. Awesome can't wait!

message 27: by Cloud (new)

Cloud Reyes | 3 comments There's STILL China, Mongolia. Gallica, Toscana. You can't exclude them, least of all China!

message 28: by CJ (new)

CJ (cj_art) | 4 comments I believe the girl, Lydia, from the brotherband books could be the new female ranger it makes sense. The next brotherband book should have Gilan in them, John said so himself and my most favourite character is Tug, he's quiet but says a lot!

message 29: by Cloud (new)

Cloud Reyes | 3 comments Gilan? Somehow I don't think that works...?

message 30: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Faes | 1 comments i personally think halt and crowley are still going to be big parts in this story, seeing that halt is pretty much will's father in a way, yet can;t wait :D

message 31: by CJ (new)

CJ (cj_art) | 4 comments Think about it, if you look on youtube John says he's using an under used Ranger. Gilan under used and being also skilled with the sword he can help train Hal more than Thorn. But the next series I don't know...it would be cool if Will meet up with Jerome, Alda and Bryn, the three bullies from book one. I have always wondered what had happened to them...

message 32: by Ranger_will16 (new)

Ranger_will16 | 3 comments i want to see more genovesans. I think they are misunderstood, they are only mercernaries like the skandians

message 33: by CJ (new)

CJ (cj_art) | 4 comments Yeah that would be awesome the Genovesans are just normal guys trying to make a living...and their trade is assassination everyone's different. :D

message 34: by Danica, (Arya Svit-Kona) (new)

Who else is an underused ranger?

message 35: by CJ (new)

CJ (cj_art) | 4 comments One of the newly made rangers who are named there are a lot of them.

message 36: by Ricardo (new)

Ricardo Reitsma (rikkerd1709) | 15 comments Cjhart wrote: "Think about it, if you look on youtube John says he's using an under used Ranger. Gilan under used and being also skilled with the sword he can help train Hal more than Thorn. But the next series I..."

I bet they are still huge bullies...

Will will be quite capable of handling them :-D

message 37: by Danica, (Arya Svit-Kona) (new)

wil can handle anything!

message 38: by Yonina (new)

Yonina (ethiopianhomailca) | 161 comments Ranger_will16 wrote: "i want to see more genovesans. I think they are misunderstood, they are only mercernaries like the skandians"

Yeah cuz when you think about it skandians are just like humane pirate.So why should the genovesans be so bad (not that it is right to steal or kill people)

message 39: by Danica, (Arya Svit-Kona) (new)

Mercenaries are for for hire, they don't nessacearly keep loyalties, that would be what I would am worried about.

message 40: by Bjorn (new)

Bjorn | 2 comments You do relies Horace can't become king but evanlynn will be queen because evanlynn is of royal blood Horace is related by marriage thus he can't become king of Araluen

message 41: by Bjorn (new)

Bjorn | 2 comments Grace wrote: "Halt, some of the skandanians, Blackie, and the healer person in book 5"
The names not blackie (god what a terrible name for a dog)

message 42: by Danica, (Arya Svit-Kona) (new)

Bjorn wrote: "Grace wrote: "Halt, some of the skandanians, Blackie, and the healer person in book 5"
The names not blackie (god what a terrible name for a dog)"

Agreed.

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (Eiyah_Fantasyfreak) | 64 comments Arya Svit-kona wrote: "I always though Erak was a nice person. Also, Malcom from Book 5 and 6."

Oh yeah! How could I forget Mal and Erak! *slaps self*

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (Eiyah_Fantasyfreak) | 64 comments Bjorn wrote: "Grace wrote: "Halt, some of the skandanians, Blackie, and the healer person in book 5"

Truth=.=

message 45: by Yonina (new)

Yonina (ethiopianhomailca) | 161 comments Bjorn wrote: "Grace wrote: "Halt, some of the skandanians, Blackie, and the healer person in book 5"

The name Blackie= Biggest disappointment of Ranger's Apprentice

message 46: by Long-bow (new)

Long-bow Lover | 12 comments One question, am I the only person on this site who, after reading this series went outside, put on a dark geen hoodie and tried to sneak around?

Please respond, I want to know if I'm crazy!

message 47: by Yonina (new)

Yonina (ethiopianhomailca) | 161 comments Long-bow wrote: "One question, am I the only person on this site who, after reading this series went outside, put on a dark geen hoodie and tried to sneak around?

Please respond, I want to know if I'm crazy!"

That is not crazy that is AWESOME...... but i am not excatly "sane" so i guess i am not the person to answer that

message 48: by Izzi1001 (new)

Izzi1001 | 79 comments Alyss is my favourite character and everyone's right, Shadow is a horrible name for a dog.

message 49: by Will_lll (new)

Will_lll (Will_Treaty) | 73 comments Long-bow wrote: "One question, am I the only person on this site who, after reading this series went outside, put on a dark geen hoodie and tried to sneak around?

Please respond, I want to know if I'm crazy!"

I'm not crazing, and I did the EXACT same thing. Well, I did have a bow and some arrows with me. Me and my friends are actually started a Ranger Corps! We all have nice bows, and we figured out a way to make LOTS of arrows for a good price. :D

message 50: by Will_lll (new)

Will_lll (Will_Treaty) | 73 comments Savannah wrote: "Izzi1001 wrote: "Alyss is my favourite character and everyone's right, Shadow is a horrible name for a dog."

Ebony was a much cuter name!!"

PERSONALY I think shadow is a good name for a dog. Anyone agree?

« previous 1

Ranger's Apprentice & Brotherband Chronicles Fans

unread topics | mark unread