Interracial and African American Paranormal discussion

Moonbeams  (Beams and Light, #1)
This topic is about Moonbeams
Author and Site Promotion > Beams & Light: Moonbeams - Fantasy

Comments (showing 1-21 of 21) (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lakisha (new) - added it

Lakisha (kishazworld) | 25 comments This was the first novel I ever attempted to write and it was the third one I got published (took 7 years total to get it written.)

The main character is a half-elf and one of my favorite characters I've written.

About the book:

A Veil Recipe

3 clueless college students
1 magical dimension
1 Warrior Princess
A pinch of danger

Take three clueless college students, mix in a tobacco field. Combine one magical dimension and stir in a defiant Warrior Princess. Throw in a pinch of danger and slow cook until steaming.

Invite five angry deities. Open and serve your new heap of trouble.

TheFountainPenDiva | 151 comments Okay...I want NOW!!! Where do I get it!

message 3: by Lakisha (new) - added it

Lakisha (kishazworld) | 25 comments it's available at Amazon and Smashwords

message 4: by Dennis (new) - added it

Dennis R. (Dennis_Upkins) | 26 comments You have officially got my attention.

message 5: by Lakisha (new) - added it

Lakisha (kishazworld) | 25 comments I'm hoping to release book 2, Moonlight, later in the year

message 6: by Deva (new) - added it

Deva (DevaParanormal) | 935 comments Mod
Just bought it for my Kindle. Thanks Lakisha!

message 7: by Lakisha (new) - added it

Lakisha (kishazworld) | 25 comments hope you enjoy it

message 8: by TheFountainPenDiva (last edited Jan 17, 2012 06:39PM) (new) - added it

TheFountainPenDiva | 151 comments Okay...it's quite clear that the three stooges aka Megan, Cory and Rob never watched the Dungeon and Dragons cartoon, right, LOL? And why is Megan so whiny girl annoying? She makes me want to jump within the pages and slap her. Actually if the elven princess had decapitated her, I'd have been perfectly fine with that. I want more geek chicks!

message 9: by Lakisha (new) - added it

Lakisha (kishazworld) | 25 comments ROFL i love you Vix! yes Megan is really whiny but as the series progresses, I promise you that she really will grow up and stop the biotch routine.

message 10: by Deva (new) - added it

Deva (DevaParanormal) | 935 comments Mod
BTW, whats the IR or AA element?

message 11: by Lakisha (new) - added it

Lakisha (kishazworld) | 25 comments Shayleah is half "dark" elf and half something else.

message 12: by Dennis (new) - added it

Dennis R. (Dennis_Upkins) | 26 comments I'm really loving the opportunity to connect with my fellow African-American and POC storytellers.

message 13: by Lakisha (new) - added it

Lakisha (kishazworld) | 25 comments Hi Dennnis! Yes this is rather nice. There's so many of us lurking about that I was pleasantly surprised. Makes me feel not so alone.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 200 comments I read it and I liked it a lot. Megan is a real handful.

Loved the faerie elements.

message 15: by Lakisha (new) - added it

Lakisha (kishazworld) | 25 comments book 2 in this series is coming out around fall/winter of this year.

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (last edited Jan 19, 2012 09:05AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 200 comments Good to hear.

TheFountainPenDiva | 151 comments Lakisha wrote: "ROFL i love you Vix! yes Megan is really whiny but as the series progresses, I promise you that she really will grow up and stop the biotch routine."

That's good to know. I think she has it in her to be really awesome and heroic.

message 18: by Lakisha (new) - added it

Lakisha (kishazworld) | 25 comments i'm all about character growth up or down depending on which character it is. Megan needs to grow up and it will be a blast watching her do so.

TheFountainPenDiva | 151 comments Lakisha:

I just want to give a huge ThANK YOU! for being so open and professional as a writer in this discussion about your book and the characters. You're probably aware of all the fail happening in YA with certain authors and/or their fans whenever readers criticize their work.

message 20: by Dennis (new) - added it

Dennis R. (Dennis_Upkins) | 26 comments Vixenne wrote: "Lakisha:

I just want to give a huge ThANK YOU! for being so open and professional as a writer in this discussion about your book and the characters. You're probably aware of all the fail happen..."

Co-signed!!!!!

message 21: by Lakisha (new) - added it

Lakisha (kishazworld) | 25 comments @Vixenne

I heard about something a few weeks ago and it was very saddening to me. I had a similar experience except, I didn't get upset about the review. In fact, I welcome reviews, good, bad, mean, glowing...all of them teach me things about readers' perceptions about my stories. In one case, it gave me food for thought and improved the second book I was working on.

Interracial and African American Paranormal

unread topics | mark unread