UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Meet the Authors > Stuart Ayris

Comments (showing 751-800 of 1,192) (1192 new)    post a comment »

Emma (Em or Emz) (emzibah) | 3954 comments Stuart wrote: "Yes - a five foot ten and a half inch midget - amazing!"

Teehee :-)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments The main thing I have to decide is whether to leave in the names of four of the characters as they are basically based on my four best mates...

message 753: by Emma (Em or Emz) (last edited Jun 26, 2012 03:36PM) (new)

Emma (Em or Emz) (emzibah) | 3954 comments Stuart wrote: "The main thing I have to decide is whether to leave in the names of four of the characters as they are basically based on my four best mates..."

Ooh, that is a toughy, do they know they are in the book? Why not let them read a bit and let them help you decide whether to change the names?

Emma (Em or Emz) (emzibah) | 3954 comments ?toughy, toughie, tuffy, either way, you get my drift!

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments They know they're in it and I think they trust me enough not to misrepresent their inherent brilliance. And I do kind of like the idea of having my mates as characters in a book I've written...

Emma (Em or Emz) (emzibah) | 3954 comments If they are comfortable with it then I see no reason not to leave them as themselves!

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments That's what I think. I may see what Rebeccas says as she obviously knows them too!

message 758: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 14694 comments You've got 4 whole bezzy mates? You're showing off!

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments An interview with me about the writing process and other things on a wonderful new writing/review site: http://bit.ly/Lo4ub2

Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher | 21220 comments Just saw it on facebook - great interview.

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments Cheers! A quarter of the way through my revision of The Bird That Nobody Sees now - still looking good for 30th July release!

message 762: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 14694 comments I saw it on Twitter because I'm now a twa...what's the words for someone who tweets?

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments Well Rebecca has read the first draft! The process is moving on!

Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher | 21220 comments So people are starting to see The Bird That Nobody Sees...

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments Not quite!! She did have a few suggestions which I have taken on board. About two-thirds now through the first revision. I will then implement Rebecca's suggestions and do the formatting before submitting to the grammar queen for approval! And I've sorted out the composition for the cover. Just hope I can bring it together. Still looking good for 30th July though!

Emma (Em or Emz) (emzibah) | 3954 comments Exciting stuff Stu :-)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments I hope so Em!

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments Three and a half weeks away from release and well into the final revisions I thought I'd post the chapter headings here for The Bird That Nobody Sees. Any comments very welcome!

1. The Mad, The Bad And The Aesthete
2. Dance, Dance, Wherever You May Be
3. Driftwood
4. A Sigh Is A Sigh Is A Sigh
5. Giggle And Squeak
6. Shadows Fall Where They Ought
7. Pillowcreased Morningcheeks
8. Arborist, Buddhist, Pacifist And Wonderfulest
9. Tattoos On The Back Of Your Calfs
10. The Jimpsies Of This Land
11. A Tingle In The Tangle
12. A Lovelorn English Fool
13. Beautiful Angel Of Our Times
14. The Fabulous Thumpings Of This Deep Earth
15. THAR BE MONSTERS
16. Producing A Hat From A Rabbit
17. Buddha Barmish Man Of Peace
18. We Are To Be Angels
19. The Deep Soul Bliss Of The Truly Cool
20. You Have Left The Building
21. Blisters And Vision
22. So Good Morning
23. Morphine Wonderland
24. Prey In The Wilderness
25. Smile Wide Across My Forever Skies
26. Come Catch The Fine Breeze With Me

Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher | 21220 comments i am confused but in a beautiful manner

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments I can't think of a finer manner in which to be confused!

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments I tried to write a normal book but it just didn't happen! Actually, I didn't try to write a normal book at all. I guess it is what it is!!

Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher | 21220 comments maybe I should see it through a haze of cheap wine.

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments that's the way I see life - and it's not so bad...

Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher | 21220 comments Rose coloured glasses?

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments Rose is a girl's drink! So do you think the chapter headings are a little too mad? (they're all lines from the book so I guess it gives people something of an idea of what to expect!)

Jason Stadtlander (jpstadtlander) | 52 comments Great to meet you Stuart! Welcome to the group!

Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher | 21220 comments Stuart wrote: "Rose is a girl's drink! So do you think the chapter headings are a little too mad? (they're all lines from the book so I guess it gives people something of an idea of what to expect!)"

Mad in a good way. No such thing as too mad...

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments Jason wrote: "Great to meet you Stuart! Welcome to the group!"

Thank you Jason!

message 780: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 14694 comments No I don't think they are mad Stu. They whet the appetite. I don't like Rose and I'm a girl. Well, was!

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments Thank you! That's the general idea! Just going through the third lot of revisions and then the book will be yours! A few more days I reckon!

message 782: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 14694 comments Great. It'll give me time to finish the current group read.

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments Good stuff!

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments Cover almost done for The Bird That Nobody Sees - pending any suggestions - so suggest away!

http://tollesburytimeforever.blogspot...

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments I am the latest "Author Insight" on Indie eBook Review - nice!

http://indieebookreview.wordpress.com...

Philip (sarah) Willis | 4088 comments Having just read the chapter headings I'm all a quiver!

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments Excellent!! You can't beat a good quivering!! Just going through the final edit then off to my Scottish Grammar Queen for final amendments. Still looking at a release date of 30th July!

message 788: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 14694 comments Scottish?

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments Is not everyone north of Watford Scottish? My mistake!! ; )

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 33574 comments *waves*

Hi Stu! Have missed you!

Can't wait for the book! Yay!!!

message 791: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 14694 comments Well I'd better not tell you what we northerners call everyone south of Watford!

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments Good point!!

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments Patti (Stir Crazy) wrote: "*waves*

Hi Stu! Have missed you!

Can't wait for the book! Yay!!!"

Cheers Patti!

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments The cover and blurb for my new novel are now there for all to see on my blog...

http://tollesburytimeforever.blogspot...

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments Good stuff! It's a weird sensation knowing that some people are going to read The Bird That Nobody Sees - I wrote A Cleansing of Souls and Tollesbury Time Forever with no idea that anyone other than myself would ever read them, so this is all a bit new for little old me!

Emma (Em or Emz) (emzibah) | 3954 comments Very exciting though eh? I am excited for you :-)

Weird that you and Ian have both written about dwarves recently!

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments Must be an old Twin Peaks influence!

Stefano Stuart, after reading Tollesbury Time Forever I would read your shopping list if you'd publish it ;)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2116 comments Hah! Thanks mate!!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Tollesbury Time Forever (other topics)
A Goodreads Gallimaufrey (other topics)
A Cleansing of Souls (other topics)
Guards! Guards! (other topics)
The Grapes of Wrath (other topics)
More...