UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Meet the Authors > Stuart Ayris

Comments (showing 751-800 of 1,265) (1265 new)    post a comment »

message 751: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments Rose is a girl's drink! So do you think the chapter headings are a little too mad? (they're all lines from the book so I guess it gives people something of an idea of what to expect!)

message 752: by Jason (new)

Jason Stadtlander (jpstadtlander) | 51 comments Great to meet you Stuart! Welcome to the group!

Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher | 26026 comments Stuart wrote: "Rose is a girl's drink! So do you think the chapter headings are a little too mad? (they're all lines from the book so I guess it gives people something of an idea of what to expect!)"

Mad in a good way. No such thing as too mad...

message 754: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments Jason wrote: "Great to meet you Stuart! Welcome to the group!"

Thank you Jason!

message 755: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 17113 comments No I don't think they are mad Stu. They whet the appetite. I don't like Rose and I'm a girl. Well, was!

message 756: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments Thank you! That's the general idea! Just going through the third lot of revisions and then the book will be yours! A few more days I reckon!

message 757: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 17113 comments Great. It'll give me time to finish the current group read.

message 758: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments Good stuff!

message 759: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments Cover almost done for The Bird That Nobody Sees - pending any suggestions - so suggest away!

http://tollesburytimeforever.blogspot...

message 760: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments I am the latest "Author Insight" on Indie eBook Review - nice!

http://indieebookreview.wordpress.com...

message 761: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 4562 comments Having just read the chapter headings I'm all a quiver!

message 762: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments Excellent!! You can't beat a good quivering!! Just going through the final edit then off to my Scottish Grammar Queen for final amendments. Still looking at a release date of 30th July!

message 763: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 17113 comments Scottish?

message 764: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments Is not everyone north of Watford Scottish? My mistake!! ; )

message 765: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 42488 comments *waves*

Hi Stu! Have missed you!

Can't wait for the book! Yay!!!

message 766: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 17113 comments Well I'd better not tell you what we northerners call everyone south of Watford!

message 767: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments Good point!!

message 768: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments Patti (Stir Crazy) wrote: "*waves*

Hi Stu! Have missed you!

Can't wait for the book! Yay!!!"

Cheers Patti!

message 769: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments The cover and blurb for my new novel are now there for all to see on my blog...

http://tollesburytimeforever.blogspot...

message 770: by Emma (Em or Emz) (new)

Emma (Em or Emz) (emzibah) | 3910 comments Like :-)

message 771: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments Good stuff! It's a weird sensation knowing that some people are going to read The Bird That Nobody Sees - I wrote A Cleansing of Souls and Tollesbury Time Forever with no idea that anyone other than myself would ever read them, so this is all a bit new for little old me!

message 772: by Emma (Em or Emz) (new)

Emma (Em or Emz) (emzibah) | 3910 comments Very exciting though eh? I am excited for you :-)

Weird that you and Ian have both written about dwarves recently!

message 773: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments Must be an old Twin Peaks influence!

message 774: by Stefano (new)

Stefano Stuart, after reading Tollesbury Time Forever I would read your shopping list if you'd publish it ;)

message 775: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments Hah! Thanks mate!!!

message 776: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 42488 comments Here Stu. I'll write that shopping list for you. :)

message 777: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 42488 comments Wine.

message 778: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 42488 comments There. Now you can concentrate on getting the final edits done so you can push the publish button!

message 779: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments Perfect!

message 780: by Stefano (new)

Stefano No spoilers please :)

message 781: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments No penalties please...

message 782: by Stefano (new)

Stefano Ouch it still hurts?!? :)

message 783: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments I'm still getting over 1990!

message 784: by Elle (new)

Elle (Louiselesley) | 7543 comments Stuart!

I put a load of books onto my Mothers best friends Kindle (Her name is Lorna) and I happen to ask what she was reading and she went on and on about how wonderful this book she was reading was.

Turned it out it was yours! She told me to pass on congratulations for writing a great book :P

message 785: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 17113 comments There's another on the way Elle. I'm re-reading it now and then it's off the starting blocks - look out, it's wonderful!

message 786: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments Louise-Lesley (Elle) wrote: "Stuart!

I put a load of books onto my Mothers best friends Kindle (Her name is Lorna) and I happen to ask what she was reading and she went on and on about how wonderful this book she was reading..."

Thanks Elle!! Please thank her for me and applaud her for her impeccable taste! ; )

message 787: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments Ignite wrote: "There's another on the way Elle. I'm re-reading it now and then it's off the starting blocks - look out, it's wonderful!"

Cheers Kath! I do believe it is a lot better this time round! Hopefully less work for you!

message 788: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 17113 comments Just emailed you Stu.

message 789: by Elle (new)

Elle (Louiselesley) | 7543 comments I told her she had another to look forward to and her exact words where

'The minute it hits the Kindle, you are getting it for me.'

I've been told :P

message 790: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 4562 comments Joining the anticipation squad Stuart.I feel like a 'groupie' hehe.

message 791: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments Wonderful!!

message 792: by Aunty Janet (new)

Aunty Janet (JanetAuty) | 294 comments Me too Sarah!!!

message 793: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 42488 comments Stu, I'm gobsmacked you've not stayed up!

Your book is live, darling!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bird-That-Nob...

message 794: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 42488 comments Oooo, I'm so tempted to start your new release thread for you.

But.

I'm restrain myself. You should have that joy all to yourself. :)

I was afraid I'd not sleep tonight. Now I know I won't.

Off to start reading it! Yay!,

message 795: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments I am up now! If you could start the new thread, that would be great! You do it so much better than me!

And until that time, The Bird That Nobody Sees is available here:

UK - http://amzn.to/LZvVNm
US - http://amzn.to/MuSIgf

message 796: by Emma (Em or Emz) (new)

Emma (Em or Emz) (emzibah) | 3910 comments First thing I did when I woke up was one-click Stu xx

message 797: by Ian (new)

Ian Ayris | 462 comments Well done, Stu.

Brilliant :)

message 798: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments Cheers Em!! x

message 799: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 42488 comments Stuart wrote: "I am up now! If you could start the new thread, that would be great! You do it so much better than me!

And until that time, The Bird That Nobody Sees is available here:

UK - http://amzn.to/LZvVN..."

Oh sweetheart, I'd love to but we're flying today and I've got rather a lot to do.

I'll pop in to offer my support as much as I can though. :)

message 800: by Stuart (last edited Jul 21, 2012 03:40AM) (new)

Stuart Ayris (Stuayris) | 2217 comments Anyone who has read Tollesbury Time Forever and The Bird That Nobody Sees will know that there are some links between the two. I have therefore decided to make them Books 1 and 2 in a three part series. The series will be called FRUGALITY. Book 3 (tentatively entitled I Woke Up This Morning) will be narrated in the first person as myself (the nurse at the beginning and end of Tollesbury Time Forever) and will begin with me meeting up with Danny, Alex, Little Jon, Ray and a certain midget in a quest to find Simon Anthony...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Tollesbury Time Forever (other topics)
A Goodreads Gallimaufrey (other topics)
A Cleansing of Souls (other topics)
Guards! Guards! (other topics)
The Grapes of Wrath (other topics)
More...