}~>O MERBOOKS: The Group For All Things Mermaid O<~{ discussion

Tempest Rising (Tempest, #1)
This topic is about Tempest Rising
The Books > Tempest Rising

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Terra Harmony | 3 comments Haven't read this one yet - I went to purchase it on my Nook and it was $9.99. This is kind of pricey for an e-book, at least from what I've seen. Is it worth the price? Any opinions on that? Thanks!

Terra Harmony
Water

message 2: by Garrett, Forever Mermaid-Obsessed (last edited Jan 11, 2012 10:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Garrett (LifeIsDeBubblesUnderTheSea) | 1009 comments Mod
Terra wrote: "Haven't read this one yet - I went to purchase it on my Nook and it was $9.99. This is kind of pricey for an e-book, at least from what I've seen. Is it worth the price? Any opinions on that? T..."

Tempest Rising is very much a love it/hate it kind of book. I loved it, but the reception for the book's very mixed. If you're a fan of standard paranormal romance (you know, the ones where the guy is hiding a supernatural identity) or books where the girl is part of some ancient magical prophecy, you might like this one. But there's one warning: there aren't many mermaids in the first book. The first focuses more on a different fantasy sea creature.
I'd say the price is worth it. You might even really like it. I think this book was more of a build-up, though, the second one seems like it'll be much better.

Terra Harmony | 3 comments Thank you for your thoughts on this, Garrett! I have some other 'mermaid' reading to do so I might just wait and see if this one comes down in price at all...

message 4: by Guitar Chick, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new) - rated it 3 stars

Guitar Chick (GuitarChick) | 1020 comments Mod
Terra wrote: "Haven't read this one yet - I went to purchase it on my Nook and it was $9.99. This is kind of pricey for an e-book, at least from what I've seen. Is it worth the price? Any opinions on that? T..."

Well, I'm one of those weirdos who liked the book ok but not as much as Garrett. Anyway, it was pretty much just alright. I'm not going to say it was the best book ever but it was just a fun little read. I think the second one is going to better. If it isn't, I probably won't be continuing the series. But I hope you like it!

oliviasbooks | 261 comments I am one of those readers who did not even finish it: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 6: by Emily , Merfreak & Tribute (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emily  (emilimcg) | 251 comments Mod
I think the sequel just came out...adding it to the to-read pile which is already sky high.

message 7: by Garrett, Forever Mermaid-Obsessed (new) - rated it 5 stars

Garrett (LifeIsDeBubblesUnderTheSea) | 1009 comments Mod
Emily wrote: "I think the sequel just came out...adding it to the to-read pile which is already sky high."

Yep, the sequel came out last Tuesday, I believe. I bought it Sunday and finished it yesterday. It's amazing...SO much better than the first one.

message 8: by Emily , Merfreak & Tribute (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emily  (emilimcg) | 251 comments Mod
Ooh, in that case I may have to get right on it after I finish The Vicious Deep! (which I'm liking btw)

message 9: by Guitar Chick, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new) - rated it 3 stars

Guitar Chick (GuitarChick) | 1020 comments Mod
Yep, I'm probably going to be buying Tempest Unleashed soon. Don't think I can get the UK version to match the one Olivasbooks gave me though.

}~>O MERBOOKS: The Group For All Things...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Water (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Terra Harmony (other topics)