Romance Audiobooks discussion

Audiobook Discussions > Cabin Romances - Let's identify some together

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lea's Audiobooks (last edited Jan 11, 2012 08:49AM) (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1684 comments Mod
What is a Cabin Romance? AAR defines it as:

"Cabin Romances devote large sections to isolation of the hero and heroine. Sometimes they are isolated as a result of a journey. In other instances, the hero/heroine lives alone in the wild and rescues the other from danger, the elements, or injury, forcing them be together or hide out together. They have to come to grips with one another and their attraction in a (relatively) small place. As an added benefit, the Cabin Romance may be the ultimate romance for those readers who don't like separations between the hero and heroine."

What audios do you know that fit into this category? AAR lists over 100 print Cabin Romances in their Special Title listings (and differentiate from Road Romances but I don't think we'll be too picky - if the hero and heroine are alone together for large stretches of time, it's a Cabin Romance for our purposes).

Here's the link; http://likesbooks.com/cabinroad.html

AAR hasn't updated this list for two years plus I doubt audio listeners provided much input.

This question has come up since reading a Cabin Romance is one of the options on the 2012 Listening Challenge "Surprise by the Quarter" track. They are asking for our help on finding some audio titles so let's brainstorm!

A few more suggestions from me:
The Only series by Elizabeth Lowell
Heart of Fire by Linda Howard
Up Close and Dangerous by Linda Howard
Gentle Rogue by Johanna Lindsey

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 828 comments I found this listopia, not sure which ones are available in audio thought:

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/10...

message 3: by D.G. (last edited Jan 11, 2012 11:31AM) (new)

D.G. | 836 comments Here's one: The Witness, which I've listened.

In this one, the hero and heroine are alone together (with a baby) in a remote place, hiding away from the bad guys.

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 828 comments lol, the first Nerds book by Vicki Lewis Thompson is on the likesbook list...so is a desert island a "cabin romance"

message 5: by Judy (new)

Judy | 12 comments I'm currently listening to The Reckless Bride: Black Cobra Quartet, Book 4 and it's a "road" romance. The H and h are traveling on boats along the rivers of Europe to evade the bad guys. While the H and h haven't been all alone (at least not yet) do you think it would work for this category?

Dee wrote: "lol, the first Nerds book by Vicki Lewis Thompson is on the likesbook list...so is a desert island a "cabin romance""

Definitely!

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 828 comments ugh, not available in audiobook...oh well

Judy wrote: "I'm currently listening to The Reckless Bride: Black Cobra Quartet, Book 4 and it's a "road" romance. The H and h are traveling on boats along the rivers of Europe to evade the bad ..."

Cabin romance means lots of time together alone to the point that their solitude enhances the whole falling in love aspect. So, if the other characters don't actually play parts in the developing storyline (stewards, crew-member, etc), I think it could work.

message 9: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (magzzzz) | 24 comments Linda Howard's latest fits this theme as well. Prey by Linda Howard

message 10: by Judy (new)

Judy | 12 comments Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "Judy wrote: "I'm currently listening to The Reckless Bride: Black Cobra Quartet, Book 4 and it's a "road" romance. The H and h are traveling on boats along the rivers of Europe to e..."

I don't think it will work- there's a match-making great aunt and other companions on the trip. I'll look for something else to fit this category. Thanks for your response.

message 11: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. (Benoibe) | 310 comments Chill Factor by Sandra Brown: snowed in couple, one is possible killer.

message 12: by Karen (new)

Karen White (KarenWhiteaudiobooknarrator) | 133 comments I think Dangerous Passion by Lisa Marie Rice is an interesting twist on this theme. The (dark) hero has to keep the heroine with him for her own safety. At the beginning of the story, he knows her only from a distance; she has no idea who he is.

message 13: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

After reviewing Linda Howard's A Game of Chance yesterday, I realized it is a Cabin/Road romance that is now in audio.

message 14: by Angie (new)

Angie (AngieMB) | 367 comments On Thin Ice by Cherry Adair
The Touch of Fire by Linda Howard

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Witness (other topics)
The Reckless Bride (other topics)
Prey (other topics)
Dangerous Passion (other topics)
More...