Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Nook - The Technical Side > where are my library books on my Nook?

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Susan (YetAnotherSusan) | 5 comments I knew where they were before, but after the last update and my recent switching of computers (had to reauthorize) I can no longer find my library books. I have looked through all my folders with no luck. Thankfully I was able to do a search and open the book so now it is on my front screen, but that isn't always going to work. Can anyone point out what is probably obvious?

Thanks............. Susan

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) Go into my files on your nook and you will find them under downloads, I think. This made me crazy for awhile. When you touch them they will download. You will not see them in your library. I created a shelf called borrowed and then found them in the list of my books. Hope this helps. This is probably the most frustrating thing about nook. I have an SD card with android os and can convert to an android tablet. I use my kindle app to download library books. It's so much easier.

Sharon (basketchik) | 74 comments I didn't know that if you had a Nook you could borrow from the local library. Is that true and if so how does that work..

Susan (YetAnotherSusan) | 5 comments no Leslie, they aren't there. these aren't books I need to download from Barnes & Noble. they are books I checked out from my library's digital catalog. thanks for answering though.

Sharon, looks like your library contracts with Overdrive, you can check out books through them on your Nook. I can tell you how it works for my library: through their website you can request digital copies. for me it is a separate site than where I request hardcopies. you will need to use your library card number to register with the Overdrive site. when the book is available, they send me an email. I can go back to the site and check it out and download. it requires Adobe Digital Editions software (free and they usually give you a link to download it). my library even offered a training class to help people get set up.
assuming your profile city is correct, here is a link to your library system's digital page: http://cumberlandcountylibraries.org/...
and here is a link directly to their Overdrive site: http://capitalarealibrary.lib.overdri...
hope that helps!

Sharon (basketchik) | 74 comments Susan - thank you so much I will have to mess with it this evening and see what I can come up with... I appreciate the help...

Susan (YetAnotherSusan) | 5 comments You bet! Borrowing from my library is one of my favorite parts of owning a Nook. Your library should be able to help if you have any questions......or drop me a note & I'll try to help.

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) Susan, I realized you were talking about library books. When I have checked out books from a library onto my nook, that's how I have found them. This actually happened to me after an update. I googled the proplem and ended up uninstalling and reinstalling AD on my computer. I had to return my library books and re check them out. Just reauthorizing didn't work. Just a thought to check.

Susan (YetAnotherSusan) | 5 comments Thanks Leslie!! I'll try that after I am done reading this book & before check out any more.

message 9: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (last edited Jan 11, 2012 11:43AM) (new)

willaful | 399 comments Mod
Which Nook are you using?

My library books sometimes get "lost." On the classic Nook, the button that searches for new books usually turns them up. Reloading them from ADE is also a fix, though kind of an annoying one.

Sharon (basketchik) | 74 comments Susan wrote: "You bet! Borrowing from my library is one of my favorite parts of owning a Nook. Your library should be able to help if you have any questions......or drop me a note & I'll try to help."

Thanks Susan, I will get ahold of you if I have any issues. My mom is going to love this, she goes to the library all the time. She got me the Nook Tablet for Christmas so I gave her my original Nook but left it registered under my account because we read a few of the same authors... She will be happy to not have to go out in the cold... Thanks again.

Susan (YetAnotherSusan) | 5 comments I have the Nook Color.

Kia | 31 comments Susan sometimes when i book disappears on me i jsut download it again and sideload it again. I've never had an authorization problem but it saves me from looking forever for it. I have a 1st edition and on that they are in "My Documents" on the simple touch if i haven't put them on my shelf library yet they are under "my files" my daughter has a color but she hasn't checked out any library books yet so i don't know where those would be.

Sandra  (Sleo) I have the Nook tablet and on it, all the books that used to be in 'My Documents' are intermingled with the other books. I really like this feature. I have yet to borrow a library book.

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 340 comments I have a Nook Color and when I borrowed a book from the library. It was intermingled with the rest of my books. Right after all my "New" books from B&N. If it isn't there I would recommend sideloading the book again.

Alice (thatrabbitgirl) | 3 comments ★Meghan★ wrote: "I have a Nook Color and when I borrowed a book from the library. It was intermingled with the rest of my books. Right after all my "New" books from B&N. If it isn't there I would recommend sidel..."

I have a Simple Touch, and it's the same way for me. My library books just show up in my Nook library, after the books from B&N. I sideload my library books onto my Nook from my laptop using Adobe Digital Editions.

Zlot | 2 comments I have the opposite problem. I have phantom books - titles I can't get rid of. I need to delete/reset metadata. I've renamed the directories, deleted the books - they're still there! (The listings, that it...)
Yes, I have a rooted Color Nook. I've gotten it down to 13 listings and half of them are dupes, and 2 are the B&N Tutorial books. So I guess there's about 8 listings I need to clear. Any ideas? BTW, the "Books" folder is EMPTY at this point both on the Nook and the SD Card.
PS I have a 32 GB SD Card full of books - Yes, I'm nuts....but even allowing that, I shouldn't be getting bogus listings. Thanks!

unread topics | mark unread