I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced discussion

Do you think she'll succeed in becoming a lawyer?

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Angela I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced by Nujood AliNujood has hopes to become a lawyer. Do you think she'll succeed or will she be trapped in a culture that won't let her out of a pre-determined destiny?

message 2: by Mj (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mj I think she will succeed with whatever she chooses to do. She demonstrated courage and positive results at a very young age and I see no reason why she won't continue to accomplish what she sets her mind to.

Denise I hope she does become a lawyer. And she will probably represent women in similar situations!

Patty Having fought and won what her society & her mother & father said was okay, but her knowing it was not okay, that in fact what was happening to her was seriously wrong in every way, I do think she will continue in life to question what is right and wrong for not only herself but for her society. I hope to see great things from Nujood! I don't know if she will decide that being a lawyer is the right thing but I think she will always be a force to be reckoned with because she is a fighter.

Angela She's definitely a fighter! I hope she has a successful life and that we'll hear move from her.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope the best for her, and I see she is not a scared young woman, like the others. She will probably suceed.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Denise wrote: "I hope she does become a lawyer. And she will probably represent women in similar situations!"

Exactly.

Elesa No. She won't if she's still in a country where Shariah law reigns supreme. Sad, but true.

Page Medley with her determination and such experience i think will become a lawyer and in the future being a mom i can tell she will be a overprotective mother .

MsAjay (Ms. Undercover Geek) I hope she does. She displayed so much courage at such a young age. I believe she can do anything...

Kathy Angela wrote: "I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced by Nujood AliNujood has hopes to become a lawyer. Do you think she'll succeed or will she be trapped in a culture that won't let her out of a pre-determined d..."

With her courage and strength, she will become anything that she chooses. If there are roadblocks along the way, I believe that she will break through them to achieve what she feels is right for her.

Denise If anyone can, she will. This is what this planet needs...more women who can rise up and shake off the shackles of patriarchal societies/religions and live up to her full potential!

message 13: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 04, 2013 11:34PM) (new)

She certainly battled against the odds, but she was also very lucky to get into contact with people who were willing to help her and not just try to exploit her for their own gain or career (I may be a cynic but I think that this is unusual). Don't forget that she will only be about 14 years old now, and at 10 she could barely read. I doubt that many people achieve their "14 year old ambitions" even with a better head start than this girl. I hope she does, but she will need a lot more determination and a lot more help to get the right teaching.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Denise wrote: "If anyone can, she will. This is what this planet needs...more women who can rise up and shake off the shackles of patriarchal societies/religions and live up to her full potential!"

I agree. These women who are being abused should fight back... I'm rooting for Nujood and women like her 100%.

Teacher 007.5 Make no doubt, these women are fighting back and they have the support of Muslim and non-Muslim women and men all over the globe. I believe Nujood will be successful in whatever she chooses so long she strives to continue her education. Education is very important, even learning what Shariah law is and how it is supposed to be applied. The biggest problem in most of these countries is that the women are not educated in their rights under the Shariah, so it is easy for their oppressors to take advantage of them and oppress them. But I am hopeful that my sisters (and men, they need to be educated too!) in these countries take reign of their education, their rights and rise above the hardships and oppression of their particular culture and traditions that harm them.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced (other topics)