Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry discussion

Diagon Alley > Magical Menagerie

Comments (showing 1-50 of 55) (55 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

((Roleplay))

The Magical Menagerie is a shop in North Side, Diagon Alley. It is very cramped and noisy with every inch of wall covered by cages. It sells all kinds of animals - poisonous orange snails, a giant jewel-encrusted tortoise, sleek black rats that are very intelligent, owls, ravens, cats of every colour, Puffskeins, a Transforming Rabbit and much more.
It was there that Ron Weasley gets some Rat tonic for his pet rat, Scabbers, (who was really Peter Pettigrew, hiding in his animagus form) and Hermione Granger gets her cat/Kneazle crossbreed, Crookshanks.

message 2: by Scott, (Scott's Secondary Account) (new)

Scott | 509 comments Mod
Scott Ryan walks in. How much for a black raven?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

"19 sickles," an employee said.

message 4: by Scott, (Scott's Secondary Account) (new)

Scott | 509 comments Mod
Scott sorts through a pouch. "Here you go" he says handing her 5 galleons for the raven some food and a cage. "Thanks"

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

"Have a nice day," the employee yawned as Scott walked out the door.

Ryan Osborn (mindlesspity) | 306 comments Professor Logan Walked in to the shop and up to the counter."Good evening"Professor Logan Said with a smile

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

"Hello," the employee replied. "How may I be of assistance?"

Ryan Osborn (mindlesspity) | 306 comments "well im the Defense against the Dark arts teacher at Hogwarts, and i was wondering if you had an animal her that i could have a lesson on?"Professor Logan said

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

"We have a grindylow in stock," the employee said, glancing at a water-filled tank in the corner.

Ryan Osborn (mindlesspity) | 306 comments ((lol you would pick that after my other charries task))
"perfect ill take it"Professor logan said pulling out his coinpurse

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

"It's free," the employee said. "Trust me, we've been trying to get rid of it for weeks."

Ryan Osborn (mindlesspity) | 306 comments "okay thanks"Professor Logan said "how will it be deliverd to hogwarts?"

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

"You can either take it with you now, or it will arrive first thing tomorrow morning via owl post," the employee informed him.

Ryan Osborn (mindlesspity) | 306 comments "okay i will have the owl bring it thanks"

Bad Wolf (SecretAgentNinja) Amy walked in."Hello. Do you have dogs? Just wondering. Or anything in the canine family?" she asked hesitantly.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

"We have several species of wolves over in the far corner," the employee explained, pointing to an area that was filled with metal crates.

Bad Wolf (SecretAgentNinja) Amy jumped up and down. "Do you have a gray wolf/timber wolf? Cause that would be awesome."

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

"Absolutely," the employee said, leasing her to a crate at the far back of the room. "He was dropped off just this morning."

Bad Wolf (SecretAgentNinja) ((how old is it? A pup or an adult? or inbetween?)) "Thank you!! I'll take him. How much?"

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

"This young one's been causing quite a ruckus," the employee said, unlatching the door of the crate and wrestling a collar onto the wolf. "Here you go," he said, handing her the attached leash."

message 21: by Alyssa (Lyss), Head Warlock of the Wizengamot, Head of Gryffindor (new)

Alyssa (Lyss) (Lyss4Music) | 1370 comments Mod
((Lol, Ryan I was thinking the same thing!))

Ash entered the shop and the bell above the door tringed lightly. He strolled casually to the counter, his ice blue eyes glancing around the shop at all the animals.

"Hi..."He greeted the employee. "I'm looking for a pet of sorts...omething to suit my personality, if you catch my drift..." He started, hesitantly.

Bad Wolf (SecretAgentNinja) "Thank you!" said Amy as she wrestled the pup into her arms.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

"We have a wide variety of exotic animals along this back wall," the employee said, leading him to a narrow walkway that was lined with crates and tanks.

message 24: by Alyssa (Lyss), Head Warlock of the Wizengamot, Head of Gryffindor (new)

He followed her, and inspected all the animals...some large, some miniscule. "What do you duggest?" He asked, turning towards the employee.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well, we have several boggarts over there, we also have a few flubberworms in the back, and we got a shipment of bowtruckles today. What can I interest you in?" the employee asked.

message 26: by Alyssa (Lyss), Head Warlock of the Wizengamot, Head of Gryffindor (new)

Ash pulled a face and shrugged apologeticaly. "Sorry, but Im looking for something a little more exciting, something to suit my personality, Preferbly something that can walk or fly on its own."

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

"We do have two dragon hatchlings in the back," the employee said.

message 28: by Alyssa (Lyss), Head Warlock of the Wizengamot, Head of Gryffindor (new)

Ash raised an interested eyebrow. "Really? What breeds?"

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

"We have a Welsh Greenback and a Hungarian Horntail," the employee said, lowering his voice. "We don't normally allow customers back there, but I'd be willing to make an exception if you're considering purchasing one."

message 30: by Alyssa (Lyss), Head Warlock of the Wizengamot, Head of Gryffindor (new)

Ash thought about it for a second. "Yeah, Okay I'll take a look."

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

"Right this way," the employee said, leading him behind the counter, through a door, and into a warehouse. Two dragons were restrained in opposite corners of the warehouse, their nostrils smoking slightly. "Does either one interest you?"

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Seth walked up to the desk but seeing as the only employee was busy went over to look at the ravens.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

"I can help you in a minute," the employee called as he heard the bell on the door tinkle.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Seth just nodded and continued to examine the birds

'Which would serve as the best messenger' he wondered

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

"This barn owl, Louis, over here would make a great messanger," the employee said, sidling over and pointing to a tiny, excitable, brown owl.

message 36: by Alyssa (Lyss), Head Warlock of the Wizengamot, Head of Gryffindor (new)

Ash inspected both dragons but finally stood up, shaking his head. "Not practical. They'll be too big." He muttered.

He walked back to the front of the shop.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

"What about this one?" Seth said pointing do a menacing Dark gray horned owl "How much is he?"

message 38: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 07, 2012 08:11AM) (new)

"19 sickles," the employee replied, cleaning out a nearby cage.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'll have him them." Seth said giving the employee 19 sickles

message 40: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 08, 2012 03:56AM) (new)

"Have a nice day," the employee called as Seth picked up the owl's cage.

message 41: by Alyssa (Lyss), Head Warlock of the Wizengamot, Head of Gryffindor (new)

Ash walked back to the employee, with a wry smile on his lips. "I changed my mind about he dragons..." He scratched his head and laughed. "Sorry bout that. Uhm, do you have any dogs? Large-ish ones, preferbly?"

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

"We have a few over here," the employee said, leading him through one of the many aisle ways. "This black one just arrived today. He has fleas, but he seems fairly good-natured."

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Seth nodded taking the cage and left the building

message 44: by Alyssa (Lyss), Head Warlock of the Wizengamot, Head of Gryffindor (new)

He inspected the large, scruffy dog, its large brown eyes staring back at him. He smiled and bent down and rubbed his soft ears. "He got a name?"

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

"Bruno," the employee replied. The dog wagged its tail at the sound of his name.

message 46: by Alyssa (Lyss), Head Warlock of the Wizengamot, Head of Gryffindor (new)

He nodded and rubbed the dogs head playfully. "So Bruno? How much do you cost?"

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

"16 galleons," the employee replied.

message 48: by Alyssa (Lyss), Head Warlock of the Wizengamot, Head of Gryffindor (new)

He stood up and pulled some galleons out from his back pocket. "How much for a collar, a bed, some dog food and any other things I'll need for him. Maybe a few toys. Oh, and some stuff for the fleas."

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

"14 sickles and 6 knuts," the employee said, retrieving them from behind the counter and wrapping them. "Here you are."

message 50: by Alyssa (Lyss), Head Warlock of the Wizengamot, Head of Gryffindor (new)

"Great! Thanks." He took the items and placed them into his coat pocket, that magically expanded and contracted again to normal size.

Clipping a leash to Bruno's collar, he lead the dog out the shop.

« previous 1

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

unread topics | mark unread