Erudite Readers discussion

Random! > Worst Books!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 510) (510 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

message 1: by Michele, The bookoholic! (last edited Nov 18, 2014 04:37PM) (new)

Michele C (mcgxo95) | 4893 comments Mod
What books do you think are the worst? Why?

Comment here with those books that you just don't understand why they are so hyped up or didn't like for other reasons.

message 2: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

1. Speak- I hated this book so much! The movie is just as bad (maybe worse!) I just don't get why people love it so much.

message 3: by Mazerunnergunner (last edited Jan 08, 2012 06:04PM) (new)

Mazerunnergunner (Rubberduckboy1) Harry potter book 5 order of the phoenix.THE book was way two long.Really about800 pages way too much.

message 4: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (last edited Jan 08, 2012 06:06PM) (new)

Jon (scottreadsit) | 5707 comments Mod
2. Beastly- Honestly I read the book and saw the movie. The movie was too terrible for words the book was bad it wasn't as bad. Beastly was a bad version of Beauty and The Beast. It was not the worst book but it was too hyped

message 5: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) I think the book FURY is horrible! Read my review! Oh adn Hatchet would fall in that category! =(

message 6: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (morgzsydney) | 43 comments The Host! I threw at a wall after 100 pages

Also, Animal Farm. YUCK!

message 7: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (morgzsydney) | 43 comments Nandanie wrote: "I think the book FURY is horrible! Read my review! Oh adn Hatchet would fall in that category! =("

Agree on Hatchet!

message 8: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Nandanie wrote: "I think the book FURY is horrible! Read my review! Oh adn Hatchet would fall in that category! =("

Nandanie wrote: "I think the book FURY is horrible! Read my review! Oh adn Hatchet would fall in that category! =("<
how could I forget Hatchet :O .. I stopped reading the Host after a couple of chapters

message 9: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

Morgan wrote: "Nandanie wrote: "I think the book FURY is horrible! Read my review! Oh adn Hatchet would fall in that category! =("

Agree on Hatchet!"

same its so bad!

message 10: by Michele, The bookoholic! (last edited Jan 08, 2012 07:26PM) (new)

3. Anthem- This has got to be the world's worst book. If you ever read it, I feel so bad for you (especially if you read it twice--poor melonator). Who in the right mind would name a character, equality 2400..no one. If you have a choice, don't ever read this book please!

*p.s these aren't in order but anthem would be on top for worst book ever*

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Hunger Games Companion by Lois H. Gresh

I doubt the writer even read the last two books. But that's really just overobsessed fangirly me speaking.

message 12: by Michele, The bookoholic! (last edited Jan 09, 2012 09:56AM) (new)

The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
dont even get me started on this book! i could barely finish it! don't read it!

message 13: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Michele.♥ wrote: "The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
dont even get me started on this book! i could barely finish it! don't read it!"

i didnt read Fury (The Fury Trilogy #1) by Elizabeth  Miles terrible!!! see my review for it!

message 14: by Ashweee (new)

Ashweee | 18 comments Anthem, Animal Farm, The scarlet letter was a nice plot and everything, horrible to read !, pretty much any book my teachers made me read excpet To Kill a Mockingbird which is a wonderful story (:

message 15: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

Nandanie wrote: "Michele.♥ wrote: "The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
dont even get me started on this book! i could barely finish it! don't read it!"

i didnt read Fury (The Fury Trilogy #1) by Elizabeth  Miles terrible!!! see my r..."

okay! Another bad book is huckleberry finn! Not as bad as anthem or joy luck club but still pretty terrible! I cant believe everyone thinks mark twain is such a great author ,yet i think he writes really boring stories! This book honestly could have been summed in two sentences (it was so dragged out!) plus the ending was horrible and so pointless. I hated all the characters in the book ( they are all so unlikeable!) besides jim of course!

message 16: by Michele, The bookoholic! (last edited Jan 09, 2012 12:59PM) (new)

Ashweee wrote: "Anthem, Animal Farm, The scarlet letter was a nice plot and everything, horrible to read !, pretty much any book my teachers made me read excpet To Kill a Mockingbird which is a wonderful story (:"

i agree so much! Wasn't anthem so bad?! I agree about the scarlett letter! It had an intresting plot, too bad it took so long to read, was boring and could have been summed up in about 5 sentences!

Has anyoen read the scarlett letter?

message 17: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (last edited Jan 09, 2012 01:05PM) (new)

All My Sons wasn't the worst play but it wasn't very good. ***SPOILER ALERT
You have a father who lets people die so he can make money.. He kills himself because he is a selfish man who only cares about himself and doesn't want to go to jail. Then you have a disgusting brother who wants his brother to be dead and missing so he can marry his brother's fiancee. If you thought your family was bad you need a reality check

message 18: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

Scott wrote: "All My Sons wasn't the worst play but it wasn't very good. ***SPOILER ALERT
You have a father who lets people die so he can make money.. He kills himself because he is a selfish man ..."

lol! The end is funny..that book does sound so bad though!

message 19: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) =)

message 20: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Nandanie wrote: "=)"
2 more reviews and member of the month is yours :)

message 21: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Scott wrote: "Nandanie wrote: "=)"
2 more reviews and member of the month is yours :)"

i will post more then! =)

message 22: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

Nandanie wrote: "Scott wrote: "Nandanie wrote: "=)"

i will post more then! =)"

i love your book reviews nandanie!

message 23: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Michele.♥ wrote: "Nandanie wrote: "Scott wrote: "Nandanie wrote: "=)"

i will post more then! =)"

i love your book reviews nandanie!"

thanks!!! I love adding humorous parts in them when I can! =)

message 24: by The (new)

The Melonator (TheMelonator) | 22 comments Michele.♥ wrote: "Morgan wrote: "Nandanie wrote: "I think the book FURY is horrible! Read my review! Oh adn Hatchet would fall in that category! =("

Agree on Hatchet!"

same its so bad!"

Anthem. IS PAINFUL. it's 100 pages about discovering light! So pointless.
Another pointless one- Old Man and the Sea
Man goes fishing, catches fish, runs away from sharks, sharks eat fish, collapses out of exhaustion.

message 25: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

The wrote: "Michele.♥ wrote: "Morgan wrote: "Nandanie wrote: "I think the book FURY is horrible! Read my review! Oh adn Hatchet would fall in that category! =("

Agree on Hatchet!"

same its so bad!"

Anthem. ..."

Check ur profile there might be some squirrels

message 26: by Karina (new)

Karina (2187) Thirst No. 1  The Last Vampire, Black Blood and Red Dice (Thirst, #1) by Christopher Pike...i forced myself to read it because it was a gift but i didnt bother with the rest of the series

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 32 comments I hated Mockingjay (3rd hunger games book). Katniss should have ended up wth Gale! The whole endng was messed up. I couldn't half follow it.

message 28: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Peeta is better than Gale I fear that the whole Team Gale/Peeta will ruin it for me :(

message 29: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) i hated reading: Blindness by José Saramago

it was in my school library adn i ran out of something to read-I forced myself to read it...not my type of book

message 30: by Michele, The bookoholic! (last edited Jan 09, 2012 05:22PM) (new)

Sarah wrote: "I hated Mockingjay (3rd hunger games book). Katniss should have ended up wth Gale! The whole endng was messed up. I couldn't half follow it."

i used to like gale up until the end..

message 31: by Karina (new)

Karina (2187) Michele.♥ wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I hated Mockingjay (3rd hunger games book). Katniss should have ended up wth Gale! The whole endng was messed up. I couldn't half follow it."

i used to like gale up until the end.."

In the beginning i was hoping she would end up with Gale but when i read the first two a second time i changed my mind :)
I do hate that they did not remain friends though :(

message 32: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Nandanie wrote: "I think the book FURY is horrible! Read my review! Oh adn Hatchet would fall in that category! =("

Hatchet? As in by Gary Paulsen?

I kind of hated this one book but mostly I was terrified by one of the characters. No character had ever done this to me before. I thought about him and I think I had a few nightmares. It was bad.

Kindred by Octavia E. Butler

message 33: by Smhmk97 (new)

Smhmk97 | 1 comments Sarah wrote: "I hated Mockingjay (3rd hunger games book). Katniss should have ended up wth Gale! The whole endng was messed up. I couldn't half follow it."

i totally agree....the first was good, the secnd even better, and the last one the worst, it sucked, especially the end...its not like Gale meant to kill Prim..I don't like Katniss in the third book!

message 34: by Adriana (new)

Adriana I didn't really like her in the first until I read it again. I'm cool with her now and who she picked.

message 35: by Dina (new)

Dina Hekal (Deeeh) | 441 comments The Jewel of Seven Stars (Alan Rodgers Books) by Bram Stoker
not as exciting as it looks, not as scary as looks.

message 36: by Michele, The bookoholic! (last edited Jan 10, 2012 01:05PM) (new)

As you can there are many books i hate (notice how there are classics I had to read in school) but one of my least favorite book ever is The Catcher and the Rye by J.D. Salinger!

The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

This book is so boring since nothing occurs throughout the book! I kept waiting and waiting for something to occur, yet nothing happened! I hated Holden Cauilield so much and can't believe people look up to him. He is so annoying, complains every second, needed some serious help and does not deserve a book at all! I can not believe how people actually enjoy this book.

I recommend this book to no one unless you enjoy reading books about depressed people who complain every second and hatethe world...

message 37: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Michele.♥ wrote: "As you can there are many books i hate (notice how there are classics I had to read in school) but one of my least favorite book ever is The Catcher and the Rye by J.D. Salinger!

[bookcover:The..."

OH THIS SOUNDS HORRIBLE :( EQUALITY-2400

message 38: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

Scott wrote: "Michele.♥ wrote: "As you can there are many books i hate (notice how there are classics I had to read in school) but one of my least favorite book ever is The Catcher and the Rye by J.D. Salinger!..."

i felt like i was to gag reading that book..correction i was! He made me hate all the ppl who acutally enjot that book

message 39: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Michele.♥ wrote: "Scott wrote: "Michele.♥ wrote: "As you can there are many books i hate (notice how there are classics I had to read in school) but one of my least favorite book ever is The Catcher and the Rye by J..."
Nandanie Reference <3

message 40: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

Scott wrote: "Michele.♥ wrote: "Scott wrote: "Michele.♥ wrote: "As you can there are many books i hate (notice how there are classics I had to read in school) but one of my least favorite book ever is The Catche..."

you know it

Rachel's Book Reviews (RachelsBookReviews) | 7 comments Griffin's Castle by Jenny Nimmo. worst. book. ever. Griffin's Castle by Jenny Nimmo

message 42: by Karina (new)

Karina (2187) Michele.♥ wrote: "As you can there are many books i hate (notice how there are classics I had to read in school) but one of my least favorite book ever is The Catcher and the Rye by J.D. Salinger!

[bookcover:The..."

:O i loved this book!!! I know alot of people hate it but i dont know im weird i guess lol

message 43: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

Karina wrote: "Michele.♥ wrote: "As you can there are many books i hate (notice how there are classics I had to read in school) but one of my least favorite book ever is The Catcher and the Rye by J.D. Salinger!..."

really? I think alot of love it and i would consider it a "cult favorite" lol. I think i am the weird one to not like it

message 44: by Karina (new)

Karina (2187) Michele.♥ wrote: "Karina wrote: "Michele.♥ wrote: "As you can there are many books i hate (notice how there are classics I had to read in school) but one of my least favorite book ever is The Catcher and the Rye by ..."

I think hald the people who read it love it and the other half hate it. My friend hates it because he said he didnt understand the point in the book lol

message 45: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

one of the worst books ever is the The Landry News. Maybe it's not the worst book ever ---Cough--Cough Hatchet. Anyway the whole time was reading it I thought it was the Laundry News until my teacher told me. It was a summer reading book and it ruined my summer back in the days of Elementary School. I thought Andrew Clements made a typo or something and was trying to spell Laundry. I am not really sure what it was about back then and I'm still not sure right now. Yeah So I think Mr. Clements should be ashamed of himself for writing this horrible joke of a book. I was gagging after reading this... Correction I wanted to vomit after reading this. It was a bad book about some dumb Newspaper

message 46: by Amber (new)

Amber I hated the second book in the Incarceron series. The First one was so good. Sapphique was awful.

message 47: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) i hated reading Gregor and the Overlander. What's the point on crawling into a laundry basket into another world? Isn't that like Alice In Wonderland all over again?

message 48: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Scott wrote: "one of the worst books ever is the The Landry News. Maybe it's not the worst book ever ---Cough--Cough Hatchet. Anyway the whole time was reading it I thought it was the La..."

ha! that was kinda like my review for Fury! =)

message 49: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Nandanie wrote: "Scott wrote: "one of the worst books ever is the The Landry News. Maybe it's not the worst book ever ---Cough--Cough Hatchet. Anyway the whole time was reading it I thought..."

Ik it was a tribute to ur hilarious jokes :)

message 50: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Scott wrote: "Nandanie wrote: "Scott wrote: "one of the worst books ever is the The Landry News. Maybe it's not the worst book ever ---Cough--Cough Hatchet. Anyway the whole time was rea..."

;)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Hunger Games Companion (other topics)
The Joy Luck Club (other topics)
Fury (other topics)
All My Sons (other topics)
Thirst No. 1: The Last Vampire, Black Blood, and Red Dice (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Andrew Clements (other topics)