BYOW Book Club discussion

House of Sand and Fog
This topic is about House of Sand and Fog
January Selection

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Amy Rennie | 84 comments Mod
I chose this book for the month of January because I've been wanting to read it for a long time and the other Amy Rennie had it on her list too. Post questions or discussions here anytime and we will discuss in full at the end of the month. Next month someone else will choose!

Amy (amy_rennie) | 78 comments Mod
I'm about a third of the way through Hunger Games now. I will start this one as soon as I finish!

Same here with Water for Elephants

Tasha | 8 comments I'm working on Little Bee. I'll see if I can get a copy of this one.

OMG I LOVED Little Bee!!!!! Are you enjoying it Tasha?

By the way, I got my copy of House of Sand and Fog at the Salvation Army. It's an older book and pretty easy to get a used copy now. I only paid a dollar for mine! Check out thrift stores first and used book stores second!

Tasha | 8 comments I am. I'm just about halfway through. Slow build-up, but I think that is part of the beauty of the book.

My request from paperbackswap was just accepted, so House of Sand and Fog should be on the way. I'm trying to remember if I have seen the movie.

I paid like $18 for mine . . .my most expensive ebook yet, but it will be worth it. It was a birthday present anyway. I have seen the movie and it is excellent, but it's been years ago and I really, really want to read the book!

I haven't seen the movie, but I can tell you that when I was looking at the book in the store this lady came running up to me to tell me that I just HAD to buy it. She said it was her favorite book of all time!! lol I thought that was great! I bought it! And I am going to start reading it tonight!!

Awesome!

Just finished! I really enjoyed it! I can't wait to discuss!!! Happy reading!

Oh good!!!

Tasha | 8 comments My copy just arrived this week. Have we moved to a February book?

No, I think we will wait until March, so go for it!

March is good for me! I hit 3 book stores tonight for Zodiac and didn't find it, plus 2 thrift stores on Monday! With all that gas money I could have just bought the book new!! lol But I did get a couple of other books!!! hehehehe of course!!!

Same here...the library ordered mine since I can't get it for nook.

unread topics | mark unread