Making Connections discussion

ARR: Authors Requesting Reviews > Rules & Regulations

Comments (showing 1-50 of 67) (67 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Tana, won't give Midu muesli! (last edited Jan 12, 2014 07:37AM) (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 8573 comments Mod
Reviewers- Any member who sign's up to review will receive the e-book on a first come first serve basis.

This is also based on how many e-book copies the author is wanting to be reviewed. By signing up you are agreeing to read and review the assigned e-book within the time frame the author has stated! If you do not complete the e-book within the time given or or made contact with the author...you may not qualify to review any other books. Please note we must respect the authors and their generosity in sharing their books with us.

- Please No book sharing without the author's consent! It is ILLEGAL and we should respect the author's hard work and talent!

2.Reviewers have exactly 4 weeks to finish and review each book (Unless stated otherwise in the book description by the author).

3. When review is complete post a link to the review under the book description so we can all read the review and the author will know you have posted your review on goodreads, amazon etc.

Authors-
-You can sign up on the author sign up page to enter your book in this listing.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

-An email will be sent to the authors to gather more information on your requests.

message 2: by Midu, wants to try muesli! (new)

Midu Hadi | 691 comments Mod
3 weeks? I'm in love,Tana hehehe

message 3: by Tana, won't give Midu muesli! (new)

lol Midu unless the author say differently we are going with that for now.

message 4: by Midu, wants to try muesli! (new)

Awww you had to ruin it! hehehe

message 5: by Tana, won't give Midu muesli! (new)

hey they could say 4 weeks LOL

message 6: by Midu, wants to try muesli! (new)

oooh might I say you look fetching this eve..morning?

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) oh Tana you big copy cat ;p

message 8: by Tana, won't give Midu muesli! (new)

I love you Kay but there are some difference I am not doing the sending lol and they are all going up at the authors request. So there may be 10 books out at a time plus your fantastic at this and I am a beginner so I may message you for help.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) i'm only kidding.
That's fine. I'll help as best I can. Yea you don't wanna do the sending it takes foreeeeeever. lol

message 10: by Tana, won't give Midu muesli! (new)

lol I know your great...I am leaving most of the decision up to the authors and we will see how it goes from there. I may take you up on the advice things so be forwarned lol

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) That's fine ;)

Renée - Novel Nutcase (NovelNutcase) Hmmmm this looks a lot like R2R to me. Maybe you should give credit? There could be a lot of differences, but R2R inspired you, right?

message 13: by Tana, won't give Midu muesli! (last edited Jan 09, 2012 12:41PM) (new)

yes Renee r2r and read it & reap, the difference being the authors are mainly taken care of their post well some are and I just post their books so they are all up for now.

I am glad Kay and Tt both are aware of what is going on. They are great role models and I will be asking Kay and Tt for alot of advice lol

Suzanne Rooyen (suzannevanrooyen) | 33 comments Signed up in the other thread - hope I did the right thing :) Would very much like to be a part of this!

message 15: by Tana, won't give Midu muesli! (new)

Yes Suzanne you did thanks so much.

Suzanne Rooyen (suzannevanrooyen) | 33 comments A little unsure of how this works now. I see there's an email address to review my book. Do I send them a copy of my book now or wait for some further 'official' group statement before doing so?

message 17: by Tana, won't give Midu muesli! (new)

HI Suzanne, you can send them a copy any time ..some authors are sending the books as they are requested.

Susan Spence | 10 comments I am having a hard time figuring out how to release ebook versions of my book for review. Could someone explain how to get to the free review coupons from Smashwords?

Thanks!

message 19: by Tana, won't give Midu muesli! (last edited Jan 14, 2012 11:18AM) (new)

I am no expert but did you ask your publisher or maybe smashwords gives the coupons out....but maybe a author will see this post and answer your question.......

Susan wrote: "I am having a hard time figuring out how to release ebook versions of my book for review. Could someone explain how to get to the free review coupons from Smashwords?

Thanks!"

message 20: by Tana, won't give Midu muesli! (new)

I'll see if I can find an author who may know more info for you also.

Mallory Heart Reviews (Ever-Haunted_Ever-Reader) | 209 comments I'm new to this group, but would like to know how to sign up as a volunteer reviewer. Lately (just before joining GR on Jan. 1)I've started the practice of posting a review of each book I read on Amazon and on GR. I've been an online reviewer for several different sites in the past (2007-2008)so have some practice at this. Plus, I average about a book a day LOL. Thanks.

message 22: by Tana, won't give Midu muesli! (new)

Hi Mallory all you have to do is go through the listings (the all start with ARR:) there all listed in genre's and read the infor most authors want your email address to send you the ebook to review, they have their time frame, your format you require....hope that helps if not let me know and I will post links for you.

message 23: by Y. (new)

Y. Correa (AuthorYCorrea) | 27 comments Susan wrote: "I am having a hard time figuring out how to release ebook versions of my book for review. Could someone explain how to get to the free review coupons from Smashwords?

Thanks!"

Hello!
First question: Where you able to figure out how to format your book to ebook? If not send me an email and I will show you how. It's pretty simple. Then I'll show you how to make a coupon.

My email address is: ycorreafb@gmail.com

message 24: by Tana, won't give Midu muesli! (new)

thanks Y.

message 25: by Y. (new)

Y. Correa (AuthorYCorrea) | 27 comments Tana wrote: "thanks Y."

No problem! :-)

Susan Spence | 10 comments I guess my last comment didn't make it in. I was successful in figuring out how to make the coupons on Smashwords.

Thanks for the help.

message 27: by Tana, won't give Midu muesli! (new)

thats great Susan

Regan Black | 22 comments Susan wrote: "I guess my last comment didn't make it in. I was successful in figuring out how to make the coupons on Smashwords.

Thanks for the help."

Good news! I was just about to chime in and see if I could help.

Wishing you the best!

Donna Galanti (donnagalanti) | 29 comments Hi All, does this include ARCs too? I have several to give out in PDF. My book releases 3-15-12 so I dont have a GoodReads author page yet for review posting.
Thanks!
Donna

Mary (horsesrule) | 11 comments Donna wrote: "Hi All, does this include ARCs too? I have several to give out in PDF. My book releases 3-15-12 so I dont have a GoodReads author page yet for review posting.
Thanks!
Donna"

what does ARC's and pdf mean? just wondering

Donna Galanti (donnagalanti) | 29 comments Hi Mary
An ARC is "advanced reader copy" which is what an author sends out in advance of his/her book release to early reviewers. Its the uncorrected version and there can be minor mistakes in it. The PDF is an electronic file of the book viewable in Adobe Acrobat, its a standard file. "Portable Document Format". You can read online or on a Kindle/Nook.
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat...

Thanks
Donna

Elena | 1 comments Hi Tana!
I am new to Making Connections and I have only been on Goodreads for a couple of months but I am always interested in reviewing authors books! I can complete and publish a review at least once a month on a regular basis and I would love to be apart of your ARR community. Can you please let me know if an opportunity comes up regarding writing a review? Thank you very much!
Elena

Indiebrag | 2 comments I guess you could say we are the proud parents (aunts & uncles?) of many great books. The B.R.A.G.Medallion honors books that readers across the globe have unanimously chosen as worth a readers time and money. We strongly believe the way to help shine a light on these deserving books is thru reviews and blogs so we are looking for your support! Authors- recommend you book on our website and we will send it thru the system; readers - we are always looking for readers so visit the web and check out what we do and join; reviewers and bloggers- think about reading a B.R.A.G.book- I know the authors would be so grateful for your attention. If you are interested in any of our wonderful books, just let me know!
talk to you soon-
Geri
president@bragmedallion.com
www.bragmedallion.com
fb: indiebrag
t: @indiebrag
blog: www.bragmedallion.com

Sue (coccotoro) | 141 comments Hi:

My name is Sue and I just joined this group today, and have been a member of Goodreads since 2010.I love to read and post my reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.com.I have introduced myself under the Welcome category, and now would be interested in reviewing authors books.I will now continue with the process and go under the Listings. Thanks.

Patti Lavell (PattiLavell) | 4 comments What a great opportunity for authors and readers alike! I'm so happy to have stumbled upon this group.

Everything Marie (EverythingMarie) | 20 comments I am currently accepting novels for review and promotions.
Here’s a little info about my book review policies and procedures.
The first review is always free to all authors. However, I do request that the author:
1. Follow my blog (Everything Marie) and social networks
2. If the review is submitted on the author’s blog or another site, a link-back to my website is promoted
3. The author promotes/shares my review with their fans on other blogs/social networks
The review will be approximately one page and will contain an excerpt. Other bloggers will also have the ability to comment and share once the review is published on my website.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime. I am very flexible and have access to my email at all times. I have also provided a contact form below.
Have a wonderful day.
Tiffany Marie
www.everythingmarie.com

Kelly Samarah (KellySamarah) | 16 comments I am offering a free pdf for anyone interested, as part of my book launch for my short horror story collection, Beneath the Blood Moon, coming out this Sunday. Would like to get some reviews on here, Amazon, B&N and Smashwords. Message me if interested, First 20 get it!

www.kellysamarah.com

Teresa Jones (TJonesAuthor) Mallory Anne-Marie wrote: "I'm new to this group, but would like to know how to sign up as a volunteer reviewer. Lately (just before joining GR on Jan. 1)I've started the practice of posting a review of each book I read on A..."

What genres do you read? I have three novellas that are easy reads that I am looking for reviews for,

message 39: by Jessica (last edited Aug 28, 2013 09:43AM) (new)

Jessica ~The book lover~  (_TeenBookWorm_) | 68 comments Hi, I'd love to sign up, since I'm running out of books at home more are welcome. I'd mainly read romance, YA and erotica. I'm not into things like thrillers and horror, but I do like some vampire books. E-books in PDF or something would be best but anything is good! Thanks.

message 40: by Sam (last edited Aug 25, 2013 07:14PM) (new)

Sam Edge (Edgey66) | 8 comments Hey folks, I am launching a new Success Series on Sept 01, 2013. Title: "7 Simple Success Principles". In the mean time I have put a free bonus e-book, "5 Steps to Planning Success", download on my website - http.www.edgeynotes.com - I will be offering "7 Simple Planning Priciples" as a free give away for the first few day. All I am looking for is a few honest reviews - Check out me out if you have time or inclination. Thanks

Giovanni Valentino (thegiovannivalentino) | 8 comments Hi,
I am Giovanni Valentino.
I would love to read and review any science fiction or fantasy books out there. It would help if they were humorous but it isn't necessary.
I have my own blog and I would love to be on your blog tour. I leave Wednesday open for that. I will post all reviews there as well as here on good reads and amazon.

giovannivalentino@verizon.net

http://giovannivalentino.blogspot.com/

Sylvia Sarno (goodreadscomSylviaSarno) | 17 comments As soon as my novel, Sufficient Ransom, is available as an e-book, I will sign up for this. I can't wait!

Kat V i dont have and ereader ssssooo

Kat V but i can get the book at the library

Sam Edge (Edgey66) | 8 comments Kat wrote: "i dont have and ereader ssssooo"

Kat wrote: "but i can get the book at the library"

You know you can download free reader for computer / tablets? The free kindle app is here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html...

And I am sure there are Sony, Kobo also.

Jan farnworth | 5 comments i love to read fantasy, funny chick lit, kid books, ya novels, some sci-fi fantasy. I pretty open i have a book blog, a good reads and amazon account. wheatley_jan@hotmail.com www.jrsbookreviews.wordpress.com

Alfaniel Aldavan | 17 comments Kat wrote: "i dont have and ereader ssssooo"

The author might offer the book in pdf format, for which there's Adobe viewer, and other programs, for PC.

Calibre is a free program that can read and convert many formats, and manage your personal library.

Phoenix Reads (phoenixreads) | 1 comments Hello. We are Lee and Gary Jordan and we are The Phoenix, multi-genre authors.

We have two books that are very different in genres and styles, but both are epics and have magic and supernatural themes. We would love to have more reviews on Goodreads and Amazon. So far both books have a 5 star rating on Amazon.

If you want to review, I will give you a Kindle gift version (need your email.)

Leon's Lair (International thriller/Contemporary Fantasy).

What would you do if your vacation cruise ship was being attacked and you knew you were going to be killed?

Would you fight? Would you hide? Would you try to escape?

This international thriller/contemporary fantasy is a nail-biting ride that is grisly but somewhat tongue-in-cheek, a brutal tale of horror and the occult that doesn't take itself too seriously. It includes romance, continental adventure, action, suspense, and dozens of vivid characters from around the world.

The adventure starts with The Jakarta, an elegant cruise ship sailing the exotic seas in Indonesia with a passenger list of ninety, unsuspecting people. Jane and her best friend, Remy, are just getting know the rest of the small group of young twenty-somethings when the ship is attacked by pirates. However, Leon and his band are not your usual pirates - they want something else.

Jane and two male companions escape the horror, fleeing in a lifeboat. In their flight to escape Leon and his men, they become lost at sea for weeks, are out of water, and have nearly lost hope of ever finding rescue when they finally catch sight of land, a dangerous rain-forested island that seems deserted. However, their fight for survival has only just begun.

They are not alone.
Fate is cruel.
They thought they had escaped, only to find they are caught in Leon's Lair.

Leon's Lair is an extensive rewrite of The Pirates of Vampire Island and includes the anticipated sequel. Instead of 160 pages it is about 615 pages.

A Whisper from Eden, A Historical Fantasy

In 1827 16-year-old, idealistic Clayton Pinckney
leaves his home and family in South Carolina in search of the strange Mandan in North Dakota, the same tribe that Louis and Clark found in their journey. He wants to be a recognized writer and is looking for a good story. He believes he will find it on the wild plains of the great northwest.

After an arduous journey, he finds their
villages perched high upon lofty cliffs overlooking the turbulent waters of the Missouri River, like walled fortresses and ruling kings from medieval times.

Clayton is delighted with the exotic Mandan
and their stories of gods from the past. He feels these are just lovely fairy tales until he finds that the rich and powerful Mandan can wield magic, magic
taught to them by their great god Lone Man, one of the People from Above.

Clayton falls hopelessly in love with the
beautiful and sometimes frightening medicine woman, Crying Wind, but she will not return his attentions. To win her, he becomes more and more involved with the tribe.

Then a devastating and evil catastrophe hits
the plains. The Mandan's beloved Lone Man had promised them that if they were ever in serious trouble, he would return in his chariot that sped through the sky like a comet.

Will he return to save the Mandan as promised?

About 600 pages.

A.G. (agmoye) | 13 comments Tana wrote: "I'll see if I can find an author who may know more info for you also."

On Smashword go to the page with your book where you can download or buy your book and there is a section called coupons. Click on it and it will give you a code number after you set the price. It can be as low as $0.00 so those that use the coupon will pay nothing for it. They give you a time line for using the coupon before it expires, normally thirty days. A.G.

Hope (hopefully86) | 6 comments Can anyone message me and let me know how to sign up for these ARR's? I am seriously lost in a labyrinth of discussion posts. THANK YOU. :)

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Cloudstone Key (other topics)