New Moon (Twilight, #2) New Moon discussion

Team Edward, Team Jacob

Comments (showing 1-50 of 122) (122 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Sable Can someone please explain to me the whole Team Edward vs Team Jacob thing? I've read the books but I never understood the need for Teams for the two characters.

Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles Well, people decided to choose who they liked best or wanted to be bella. Either Edward or Jacob. As we all know, Jacob has never really liked Edward, and vise versa. Not just because of the treaty but because of bella. But I understand, I have never really liked the whole team situation. But it id basically fans choosing between the two.

Jennifer Ironside Spoilers alert

Good question. Love triangles are commonplace in paranormal romances, and often the reader finds themselves being torn between the two choices just as the main character does (otherwise the choice would be easy and there would be no story). By the end, typically the choice the main character seems like the right one, but the reader is not left with any animosity towards the rejected person (who often has their own happy ending with someone else).

However, in the Twilight books, many readers (such as myself) were put off by certain things about Edward, and the dynamics between him and Bella (he is controlling for one thing) and strongly wanted Bella to choose Jacob instead. Not only did the choice Bella make seem like the wrong one to many readers, but Jacob's "happy ending" was unsatisfactory (and frankly creepy).

Also, as the series became more popular, it became a common discussion point of who you wanted Bella to choose. After that I think it just turned into a marketing tactic (Team Edward/Team Jacob T-shirts etc.).

Now its commonplace to create Teams (e.g. Team Peeta vs Team Gale) even though readers may like both people.

Hope this helps.

message 4: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat [image error]
(SWITZERLAND)

Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles Buenaventura Rapture Amedeus Trinity wrote: "
(SWITZERLAND)"

hahahaha. me too, my friend wants me to choose which side but i just dont know.

Rachael TEAM EDWARD ALL THE WAY!!!! I'd rather tell my friends and family that I am a blood sucking demond, rather than tell them I'm a dog... hahah!! It would also be really cool to drink blood and bite people and make them bleed! Haha

Hold_My_Heart (Rachel) Rachael wrote: "TEAM EDWARD ALL THE WAY!!!! I'd rather tell my friends and family that I am a blood sucking demond, rather than tell them I'm a dog... hahah!! It would also be really cool to drink blood and bite p..."

I'm team Jacob, but I like to wear sparkles :P

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? hu! wow just wow ! edward all the way! dhu! jacob is a jurk!

Joanna Team Have Every Copy of Twilight Be Burned.

Ashley Sable wrote: "Can someone please explain to me the whole Team Edward vs Team Jacob thing? I've read the books but I never understood the need for Teams for the two characters."

Initially I did not either; and then I realized that the teams are very "specific" you either believe in "Love at first sight" or "You believe that the best life partners should be friends first" -- as a result of where I've been.....

I am on team Jacob.

message 11: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Team Edward, I even have a group for it

Jadawhite1 Team Jacob

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

animaldisneyreaderfan4lyfe7 wrote: "Rachael wrote: "TEAM EDWARD ALL THE WAY!!!! I'd rather tell my friends and family that I am a blood sucking demond, rather than tell them I'm a dog... hahah!! It would also be really cool to drink ..."

Real men don't sparkle!

message 14: by Dara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dara Edward.

Kristina Shepard Wolfs are way hotter but edward is a vampire which I think are cooler than wolfs(no offense to wolf lovers)so I'm torn so I'm team SWITZERLAND

Zafia In my opinion there are no teams. The wolves imprints on their partner and seeing as there was no imprinting going on with jacob/bella theres no team. Otherwise its just gonna turn into another sappy story like the one with Leah/Sam and Emily.

message 17: by Mz_S (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mz_S TEAM EDWARD!!! =D

Maddie Desfosses Well, the reason for teams, is for people to show who they think should win Bella's love.

Wow! That sounded corny! :0

message 19: by Allison (last edited Feb 21, 2012 10:11AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Allison Team Edward in the books and Team Jacob in the movie. Lets face it. Jacob was a douche in the books and Edward was romantic. In the movies Jacob was sorta hot and cared to watch out for Bella and Edward was ugly and weird. So i say agian Team Edward in the books and Team Jacob in the movie.

message 20: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat EDWARD

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank u Marina!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

:D *stupid grin*

Maddie Desfosses Marina wrote: "team jacob!
wolves are hot."

Thats a matter of opinion! JK! No hate. :)

Maddie Desfosses Rachael wrote: "TEAM EDWARD ALL THE WAY!!!! I'd rather tell my friends and family that I am a blood sucking demond, rather than tell them I'm a dog... hahah!! It would also be really cool to drink blood and bite p..."

Okay....HA!

message 25: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 22, 2012 04:04PM) (new)

Uh... ok Maddie ^O^

Maddie Desfosses Sorry, it's just funny to me for some strange reason.

Butchered Barbie I rather be Team Jacob. Too bad you guys didn't make a Team Carlisle.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Uh... I guess there is if u really wanted to BB.

message 29: by Andrea (new)

Andrea ❤TEAM JACKOB❤

Cindy I dont see what the big deal is, its just two different creatures. right?

Angela Shrum I think people tend to make a choice bc the character does. Even though personally, I feel there was only 1 choice: Edward. (100%, with no regrets!)

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Team Edward is meant for the fans who love the sparkly guy with the mysterious brooding attitude.
Team Jacob is meant for the fans who love shirtless werewolves who growl at the guys who sparkle in the sun.
I'm neither because I don't want to be on one, but that's what the big deal is. *shrug*

message 33: by Pim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pim Team Jacob!! I like something warm...lol

Kristina Shepard Well I like team edward because vampires are awesome and I. Like team jacob because werewolves are hot !!! So I'm team SWITZERLAND

message 35: by Tara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tara JACOB IS WAY CUTER!

Kristin Rachael wrote: "TEAM EDWARD ALL THE WAY!!!! I'd rather tell my friends and family that I am a blood sucking demond, rather than tell them I'm a dog... hahah!! It would also be really cool to drink blood and bite p..."

oooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk then thats not creepy at all......

Maeve Mcdonagh TEAM EDWARD!!!!!!!!!!! i love vampires, they rock my world!!!!!! edward bedazzled my brain with his sparklness!!!!!!! without edward i wouldn't have a life and my brain would be plain!!!!!!!!! the blood they suck looks like tomato soup!!!!!!!! and they don't kill people so that just makes them more awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! idk y people would ever be team jacob cuz he isn't even close to how awesome edward is!!!!!!!!!!! i would marry edward if i could and i would just die cuz he is sooooooooo awesome!!!!! i think edward sould just beat jacob up it would make me very happy and rock my world even more!!!!!!!!!!!

message 38: by Julie (new)

Julie JACOB IS HOTT!!!

message 39: by Julie (new)

Julie he rockes my world

message 40: by Julie (new)

Julie Jacob is like the sun

message 41: by Julie (new)

Julie hes so tan

message 42: by Julie (new)

Julie I miss his tan skin his sweet smile

message 43: by Julie (new)

Julie so good to bella so right

message 44: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya broaddus TEAM EDWARD!!!!!!!!! TEAM EDWARD ALL THE WAY!!!!!!! but i have to admitt JACOB IS SO HOT!!!!!

message 45: by Emily (new)

Emily TEAM JACOB!!

Georgia TEAM EDWARD!!

Kelly TEAM EDWARD<3

Pamela Team Jacob all the way.

I can't believe Bella for choosing Edward. Seriously, Jacob is so much better for her.

message 49: by Emily (new)

Emily Pamela wrote: "Team Jacob all the way.

I can't believe Bella for choosing Edward. Seriously, Jacob is so much better for her."

Totally!!

Breanna Team Edward all the way I agree with Edward fans Bella picked the right one Jacob is a total jerk

« previous 1 3

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

New Moon (other topics)