SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Archive: BOM & Challenges > One Hit Wonders of the '80s Challenge

Comments (showing 101-148 of 148) (148 new)    post a comment »
1 3 next »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 101: by Fran (new)

Fran | 96 comments Thanks Christine!

message 102: by Christine (new)

Christine | 850 comments I just updated everyone's status is message two. You're doing a great job.

Audrey, Fran, Joann, Suzanne, and Wan each have less than five books to go. And Fran thought she'd only do 10!

And a lot of you are near the halfway mark. Not bad at all! Keep up the happy reading.

message 103: by Fran (new)

Fran | 96 comments Thanks Christine for a really fun challenge!

One Hit Wonders of the 80's Challenge

Duration: 1/6/12-1/5/13

24/24 Completed!

Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners ~ Beautiful Disaster (blue cover)1/10

Tainted Love by Soft Cell ~ Werewolf in the North Woods 1/16 4*

Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves - And One Last Thing.. 1/19

She Blinded Me With Science by Thomas Dolby ~ hot body- Player's Ultimatum 1/25

Take on Me by A-Ha ~ The Future Of Us - black and white cover 1/20

99 Luft Balloons by Nena ~ Stuffed Bunny- Iggie's House 2/22

I Wanna Be a Cowboy by Boys Don’t Cry ~ Cowboy Cassanova 1/15 3*

Iko Iko by The Belle Stars ~ Read 1 book with: the main character’s grandmother playing a role - Magnolia Summer 2/17

Pleasure and Pain by Divinyls ~ BDSM- Fifty Shades Freed 1/29

I Wear My Sunglasses at Night- Black Cover- The One That Got Away 3/2

Don’t Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin ~ Summer At Seaside Cove 2/6

The Safety Dance by Men Without Hats ~~ Dancing in book- Midnight In Austenland 3/4

Kids in America by Kim Wilde ~ Heaven (white cover)2/2

Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood ~ Read 1 book with: a character that needs to chill out -Lady's Choice 2/22

I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow ~ Guy who's tough but sweet- Cross My Heart 2/28

It’s Raining Men by Weather Girls ~ Obsidian 2/10

Puttin’ on the Ritz by Taco ~ Wealthy and well-dressed- Too Wild To Wed 2/8

Lady in Red by Chris DeBurgh ~ Girl In A Vintage Dress 1/11

Mickey by Toni Basil ~ Catching Jordan -YA 1/3

Cars by Gary Numan ~ Grey's Awakening by Cameron Dane (truck driver) 4/29

Turning Japanese by The Vapors ~ Loved- Totally Tubular 2/11

Somebody’s Watching Me by Rockwell ~ Juliet Immortal 1/23

Too Shy by Kajagoogoo ~ Tempting The Beast (character name Merinus)1/13 4*

Always Something there to Remind Me by Naked Eyes ~ Nearly Naked- Rent-A-Stud 2/25

Werewolf in the North Woods (Wild About You #2) by Vicki Lewis Thompson Cowboy Casanova (Rough Riders, #12) by Lorelei James Heaven (Heaven Sent, #1) by Jet Mykles Player's Ultimatum by Koko Brown Tempting the Beast by Lora Leigh Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire Juliet Immortal (Juliet Immortal #1) by Stacey Jay Too Wild To Wed (Harlequin Temptation, No 333)  by Jayne Ann Krentz Summer at Seaside Cove by Jacquie D'Alessandro Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3) by E.L. James Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout The Future of Us by Jay Asher Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally Girl in a Vintage Dress by Nicola Marsh And One Last Thing ... by Molly Harper Iggies House by Blume Lady's Choice by Jayne Ann Krentz Magnolia Summer by Jaci Burton The One That Got Away by Rhianne Aile Rent-A-Stud (Coopers' Companions, #1) by Lynn LaFleur Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale Totally Tubular by Gwen Hayes Cross My Heart by Katie Klein Grey's Awakening (Cabin Fever, #2) by Cameron Dane

message 104: by Christine (new)

Christine | 850 comments Congratulations, Fran!

(It looks like GR notifications still aren't working perfectly are they?)

message 105: by Joann (new)

Joann | 355 comments SOS One Hit Wonders of the ‘80s Challenge

Duration: January 6, 2012 - January 5, 2013

23/24 Read

1. Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners ~ (predominantly blue cover)
Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione, 03.16.12 ★★★★

2. Tainted Love by Soft Cell ~ (vampire or werewolf as the main character)
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost, 01.10.12 ★★★★★

3. Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves ~ (predominantly yellow cover)
Valley of Silence by Nora Robb

4. She Blinded Me With Science by Thomas Dolby ~ (blindingly hot bod on the cover)
Eternal Rider by Larissa Ione, 01.10.12 ★★★★

5. Take on Me by A-Ha ~ (a character that rides a motorcycle)
One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost, 02.09.12 ★★★★★

6. 99 Luft Balloons by Nena ~ (a post-apocalyptic or war theme)
Embrace the Night Eternal by Joss Ware, 02.20.12 ★★★

7. I Wanna Be a Cowboy by Boys Don’t Cry ~ (an orange and/or red cover)
Dance of the Gods by Nora Roberts, 05.07.12 ★★★★★

8. Iko Iko by The Belle Stars ~ (fire in the title)
Branded by Fire by Nalini Singh, 05.10.12 ★★★★★

9. Pleasure and Pain by Divinyls ~ (a cover showing a hot body holding a deadly weapon)
When Twilight Burns by Colleen Gleason, 05.02.12 ★★★★

10. I Wear My Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart ~ (a character that can’t go out in daylight)
Twice Bitten by Chloe Neill, 01.26.12 ★★★★★

11. Don’t Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin ~ (humorous)
Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovitch, 02.03.12 ★★★★

12. The Safety Dance by Men Without Hats ~ (a cover showing a man without a hat)
Of Masques and Martyrs by Christopher Golden, 03.25.12 ★★★★

13. Kids in America by Kim Wilde ~ (Read 1 book that is considered to be Young Adult)
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins, 03.08.12 ★★★

14. Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood ~ (any book in the sci-fi genre)
The Honor of the Queen by David Weber, 01.23.12 ★★★★★

15. I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow ~ (a guy who’s tough but sweet)
White Lies by Jayne Ann Krentz, 02.15.12 ★★★★

16. It’s Raining Men by Weather Girls ~ (a character that can control or affect the weather -AND- a scene set during a rain storm)
I am Number Four by Pitticus Lore, 01.15.12 ★★★★

17. Puttin’ on the Ritz by Taco ~ (a character who is wealthy)
Celebrity in Death by J.D. Robb, 04.22.12 ★★★★

18. Lady in Red by Chris DeBurgh ~ (Read 1 book that is a romance)
Mine to Possess by Nalini Singh, 02.18.12 ★★★★

19. Mickey by Toni Basil ~ a character or author named Mickey, Mike, or Michael)
(Mike Kingston), Blueberry Muffin Murder by Joanne Fluke, 01.07.12 ★★★★

20. Cars by Gary Numan ~ (a car on the cover)
On the Edge by Ilona Andrews, 02.28.12 ★★★★★

21. Turning Japanese by The Vapors ~ (characters of Asian heritage)
(Ginny Chao) Wicked by Any Other Name by Linda Wisdom, 01.21.12 ★★★

22. Somebody’s Watching Me by Rockwell (characters who watch over and protect mortals or others of their kind - witches)
Dime Store Magic by Kelley Armstrong, 01.31.12 ★★★★

23. Too Shy by Kajagoogoo ~ (a character who’s name you have trouble pronouncing)
(Xaro Xhoan Daxos) A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin, 02.17.12 ★★★★★

24. Always Something there to Remind Me by Naked Eyes (ANY historical romance)
The Second Duchess by Elizabeth Loupas, 02.07.12 ★★★★

Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Valley of Silence (Circle Trilogy, #3) by Nora Roberts Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1) by Larissa Ione One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost Embrace the Night Eternal (Envy Chronicles, #2) by Joss Ware Dance of the Gods (Circle Trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6) by Nalini Singh When Twilight Burns (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #4) by Colleen Gleason Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3) by Chloe Neill Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum, #18) by Janet Evanovich Of Masques and Martyrs (Shadow Saga #3) by Christopher Golden Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins The Honor of the Queen (Honor Harrington, #2) by David Weber White Lies (Arcane Society, #2) by Jayne Ann Krentz I am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) by Pittacus Lore Celebrity in Death (In Death, #34) by J.D. Robb Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4) by Nalini Singh Blueberry Muffin Murder (Hannah Swensen, #3) by Joanne Fluke On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews Wicked by Any Other Name (Jazz Tremaine, #3) by Linda Wisdom Dime Store Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #3) by Kelley Armstrong A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) by George R.R. Martin The Second Duchess by Elizabeth Loupas

message 106: by Christine (new)

Christine | 850 comments Joann wrote: "SOS One Hit Wonders of the ‘80s Challenge

23/24."

Only one to go!!

message 107: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 70 comments having graduated HS in 1990, it all made sense. Love this challenge.

I'll read All 24 by December 25, 2012.

message 108: by Audrey (new)

Audrey Cook Kolbek (audreykol) | 281 comments Duration: Jan. 1 2012 - Jan. 1, 2013
No. of Books: 24

Read: 23/24

And here are our categories:

Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners ~ Read 1 book with: a character or author named Johnny, Ray, or Eileen (or a variation of the name) -OR- a book set in England –OR- a predominantly blue cover - (predominantly blue) The Iron King by Julie Kagawa - 2/2

Tainted Love by Soft Cell ~ Read 1 book with: a vampire or werewolf as the main character -OR- the word ‘love’ or ‘heart’ in the title -OR- a heart depicted on the cover - (werewolf) Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer - 1/26

Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves ~ Read 1 book with: characters who finally admit they love one another -OR- the sun or waves on the cover -OR- a predominantly yellow cover - (waves) The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan - 2/12

She Blinded Me With Science by Thomas Dolby ~ Read 1 book with: a character who is a scientist (main character or supporting character) -OR- with a blindingly hot bod on the cover - (Sydney Saga is an Alchemist) Bloodlines by Richelle Mead - 1/21

Take on Me by A-Ha ~ read 1 book with: a character that rides a motorcycle -OR- a scene that takes place in a diner -OR- a predominantly black and white cover - (Predominantly black & white) Once in a Full Moon by Ellen Schreiber - 3/16

99 Luft Balloons by Nena~ Read 1 with: a post-apocalyptic or war theme -OR- a setting of Germany or a character of German heritage -OR- with a cover showing balloons (any color) or another child’s toy -(post-apocalyptic) The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan - 1/16

I Wanna Be a Cowboy by Boys Don’t Cry ~ Read 1 book with: cowboys or horses -OR- a cover showing a cowboy hat or a sunset -OR- an orange and/or red cover - (red cover) Evernight by Claudia Gray - 2/16

Iko Iko by The Belle Stars ~ Read 1 book with: the main character’s grandmother playing a role -OR- ‘FIRE’ in the title or series name -OR- fire pictured on the cover - (grandmother) Stormwalker by Allyson James - 2/20

Pleasure and Pain by Divinyls ~ Read 1 book with: BDSM -OR- a cover showing a hot body holding a deadly weapon - (Hot Man Holding a Sword) Touch If You Dare by Stephanie Rowe - 5/29

I Wear My Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart ~ Read 1 book with: a character that can’t go out in daylight -OR- a cover showing a moon -OR- a black cover - (moon) Demons are a Ghoul's Best Friend by Victoria Laurie - 1/23

Don’t Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin ~ Read 1 book with: a happy ending -OR- that you find humorous - (humorous) Hexed by Kevin Hearne - 2/7

The Safety Dance by Men Without Hats ~ Read 1 book with: a character who is a dancer or a scene with dancing -OR- a character who acts like an imbecile -OR- a cover showing, you guessed it, a man without a hat - (Winter Formal Dance) The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa - 2/4

Kids in America by Kim Wilde ~ Read 1 book that is considered to be Young Adult -OR- with a cover that is predominately Red, White, or Blue or a combination of all three colors. - (YA and red) Firelight by Sophie Jordan - 1/31

Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood~ Read 1 book with: a character that needs to chill out -OR- any book in the sci-fi genre -OR- a cover showing an artificial source of light (flashlight, building lights, etc) - (Sci-fi genre) Hammered by Kevin Hearne - 3/12

I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow ~ Read 1 book with: a guy who’s tough but sweet -OR- a cover featuring some serious eye candy -OR- a cover showing actual candy - (Tough but sweet guy) Stray by Rachel Vincent - 3/5

It’s Raining Men by Weather Girls ~ Read 1 book with: a character that can control or affect the weather -OR- a scene set during a rain storm -OR- a cover showing rain or lightning - (Cassian & Jacinda's kiss in the rain) Vanish by Sophie Jordan - 2/6

Puttin’ on the Ritz by Taco ~ Read 1 book with: a character who is wealthy -OR- a well dressed person on the cover -OR- a character who loves Mexican food - (wealthy) Undead and Unfinished by MaryJanice Davidson - 3/1

Lady in Red by Chris DeBurgh ~ Read 1 book that is a romance -OR- that features a woman in red on the cover - (woman in a red dress) My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent - 3/3

Mickey by Toni Basil ~ Read 1 book with: a character or author named Mickey, Mike, or Michael -OR- any Young Adult book - (YA) The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan - 1/16

Cars by Gary Numan ~ Read 1 with: a character that works with cars (driver, car designer, salesman, mechanic, etc) -OR- a car on the cover

Turning Japanese by The Vapors ~ Read 1 book set in Asia -OR- with characters of Asian heritage (ex: Lily Yu in Eileen Wilks’ series) -OR- ANY book you really love - (ANY book I really love) Twilight's Dawn by Anne Bishop - 2/18

Somebody’s Watching Me by Rockwell ~ Read 1 book with: characters who watch over and protect mortals or others of their kind -OR- a shower scene -OR- a cover featuring a great pair of eyes -
Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston (The Janus Guard protects the human from the Fay) - 1/13

Too Shy by Kajagoogoo ~ Read 1 book with: a character who’s name you have trouble pronouncing -OR- a cover that is predominantly pink - (pink) The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa - 2/10

Always Something there to Remind Me by Naked Eyes ~ Read 1 book with: a character having trouble with their memory -OR- a (nearly) naked person on the cover -OR- ANY historical romance - (nearly naked) Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler - 2/28

The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2) by Andrea Cremer The Dead-Tossed Waves (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #2) by Carrie Ryan Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead Once in a Full Moon (Full Moon, #1) by Ellen Schreiber The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan Evernight (Evernight, #1) by Claudia Gray Stormwalker by Allyson James Touch If You Dare (Soulfire #2) by Stephanie Rowe Demons are a Ghoul's Best Friend (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #2) by Victoria Laurie Hexed (Iron Druid Chronicles, #2) by Kevin Hearne The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) by Julie Kagawa Firelight (Firelight, #1) by Sophie Jordan Hammered (Iron Druid Chronicles, #3) by Kevin Hearne Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent Vanish (Firelight, #2) by Sophie Jordan Undead and Unfinished by MaryJanice Davidson My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #3) by Carrie Ryan Twilight's Dawn (The Black Jewels, #9) by Anne Bishop Wondrous Strange (Wondrous Strange, #1) by Lesley Livingston The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) by Julie Kagawa Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1) by Nicole Peeler

* One more to go! *

message 109: by Christine (new)

Christine | 850 comments Audrey wrote: "Duration: Jan. 1 2012 - Jan. 1, 2013
No. of Books: 24

Read: 23/24"

Almost there! Godd job!

message 110: by Christine (new)

Christine | 850 comments Missyb wrote: "having graduated HS in 1990, it all made sense. Love this challenge.

I'll read All 24 by December 25, 2012."

Welcome! I hope you have fun!

message 111: by Wan (last edited May 30, 2012 04:41PM) (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 612 comments All done! Congrats to everyone who finished. I might do R2 starting 1st June.

SOS Yearly - One Hit Wonders of the ‘80s Challenge
Duration: 1/5/2012 - 1/4/2013
24/24

1.Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners: Blue cover ~ The Nymph King by Gena Showalter 1/7 (5)
2Tainted Love by Soft Cell: Love in title ~ Dark Lover 1/13 (5)
3.Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves: yellow cover ~ The Darkest Surrender by Gena Showalter 5/14 (4.5)
4.She Blinded Me With Science by Thomas Dolby: a blindingly hot bod ~ Devil Without a Cause 2/3 (2.5)
5.Take on Me by A-Ha: Black & White ~ Veil of Midnight by Lara Adrian 4/5 (4)
6.99 Luft Balloons by Nena: set in Germany ~ Midnight Awakening by Lara Adrian 1/31 (4.5)
7.I Wanna Be a Cowboy by Boys Don’t Cry: cowboys ~ Retribution by Sherrilyn Kenyon 3/13 (5)
8.Iko Iko by The Belle Stars: ‘FIRE’ in title ~ Fire and Ice by Sherrilyn Kenyon 2/11 (3.5)
9.Pleasure and Pain by Divinyls: hot body holding a deadly weapon ~ Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews 4/30 (3.5)
10.I Wear My Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart: Vampire ~ Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward 2/6 (5)
11.Don’t Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin: EHA/humorous ~ Hunting Season by Shelly Laurenston 1/3 (5)
12.The Safety Dance by Men Without Hats: an imbecile~ Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward 3/17 (5)
13.Kids in America by Kim Wilde: Red/ White/Blue Kiss of Crimson by Lara Adrian 1/29 (4)
14.Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood: sci-fi ~ Alien Tango 4/15 (5)
15.I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow: tough but sweet Eternal Rider by Larissa Ione 1/22 (4)
16.It’s Raining Men by Weather Girls: controling weather ~ Magic in the Wind (Drake Sisters, #1) 3/28 (4)

17.Puttin’ on the Ritz by Taco: well dressed person on cover ~Touched by an Alien by Gini Koch 3/5 (4)
18.Lady in Red by Chris DeBurgh: a romance ~ Zinnia by Jayne Castle 2/29 (4)
19.Mickey by Toni Basil: YA ~ Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini 2/22 (3.5)
20.Cars by Gary Numan: H/H work with cars/car racing~ Slow Ride by Erin McCarthy 1/9 (4)
21.Turning Japanese by The Vapors: Asia/Asian ~ The Awakening by Christian Feehan 5/4 (3)
22.Somebody’s Watching Me by Rockwell: protectors ~ Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward 4/29 (5)
23.Too Shy by Kajagoogoo: hard-to-pronounce name ~ Born of Silence by Sherrilyn Kenyon 5/4 (5)
24.Always Something there to Remind Me by Naked Eyes: nearly naked dude The Mane Event by Shelly Laurenston 4/22 (4.5)
The Nymph King (Atlantis, #3) by Gena Showalter Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld, #8) by Gena Showalter Devil Without a Cause (The Devil's Bargain #1) by Terri Garey Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5) by Lara Adrian Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3) by Lara Adrian Retribution (Dark-Hunter, #20) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Fire and Ice (The League, #3.5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward Hunting Season (The Gathering #1) by Shelly Laurenston Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2) by Lara Adrian Alien Tango (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #2) by Gini Koch Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1) by Larissa Ione Magic in the Wind (Drake Sisters, #1)  by Christine Feehan Touched by an Alien (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #1) by Gini Koch Zinnia (St. Helen's, #2) by Jayne Castle Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) by Josephine Angelini Slow Ride (Fast Track, #5) by Erin McCarthy The Awakening (Leopard People, #1) by Christine Feehan Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward Born of Silence (The League, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon The Mane Event (Pride, #1) by Shelly Laurenston

message 112: by Christine (new)

Christine | 850 comments Wan ~DragonsWan~ wrote: "All done! Congrats to everyone who finished. I might do R2 starting 1st June."

Like, totally awesome, fer shur!

Great job! You should totally do round two....

message 113: by Christine (new)

Christine | 850 comments Update:

Congratulations to Wan ~DragonsWan~ and Suzanne for completing the challenge!

Audrey and Joann each have only ONE book to go and everyone else is making good progress. Keep up the good work!

Status should be updated in message 2. If I missed you, please let me know.

message 114: by Joann (last edited Jun 15, 2012 05:39AM) (new)

Joann | 355 comments SOS One Hit Wonders of the ‘80s Challenge

24/24 Read

Challenge Complete 06.11.12

1. Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners ~ (predominantly blue cover)
Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione, 03.16.12 ★★★★

2. Tainted Love by Soft Cell ~ (vampire or werewolf as the main character)
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost, 01.10.12 ★★★★★

3. Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves ~ (predominantly yellow cover)
Valley of Silence by Nora Robb, 06.11.12 ★★★★★

4. She Blinded Me With Science by Thomas Dolby ~ (blindingly hot bod on the cover)
Eternal Rider by Larissa Ione, 01.10.12 ★★★★

5. Take on Me by A-Ha ~ (a character that rides a motorcycle)
One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost, 02.09.12 ★★★★★

6. 99 Luft Balloons by Nena ~ (a post-apocalyptic or war theme)
Embrace the Night Eternal by Joss Ware, 02.20.12 ★★★

7. I Wanna Be a Cowboy by Boys Don’t Cry ~ (an orange and/or red cover)
Dance of the Gods by Nora Roberts, 05.07.12 ★★★★★

8. Iko Iko by The Belle Stars ~ (fire in the title)
Branded by Fire by Nalini Singh, 05.10.12 ★★★★★

9. Pleasure and Pain by Divinyls ~ (a cover showing a hot body holding a deadly weapon)
When Twilight Burns by Colleen Gleason, 05.02.12 ★★★★

10. I Wear My Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart ~ (a character that can’t go out in daylight)
Twice Bitten by Chloe Neill, 01.26.12 ★★★★★

11. Don’t Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin ~ (humorous)
Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovitch, 02.03.12 ★★★★

12. The Safety Dance by Men Without Hats ~ (a cover showing a man without a hat)
Of Masques and Martyrs by Christopher Golden, 03.25.12 ★★★★

13. Kids in America by Kim Wilde ~ (Read 1 book that is considered to be Young Adult)
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins, 03.08.12 ★★★

14. Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood ~ (any book in the sci-fi genre)
The Honor of the Queen by David Weber, 01.23.12 ★★★★★

15. I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow ~ (a guy who’s tough but sweet)
White Lies by Jayne Ann Krentz, 02.15.12 ★★★★

16. It’s Raining Men by Weather Girls ~ (a character that can control or affect the weather -AND- a scene set during a rain storm)
I am Number Four by Pitticus Lore, 01.15.12 ★★★★

17. Puttin’ on the Ritz by Taco ~ (a character who is wealthy)
Celebrity in Death by J.D. Robb, 04.22.12 ★★★★

18. Lady in Red by Chris DeBurgh ~ (Read 1 book that is a romance)
Mine to Possess by Nalini Singh, 02.18.12 ★★★★

19. Mickey by Toni Basil ~ a character or author named Mickey, Mike, or Michael)
(Mike Kingston), Blueberry Muffin Murder by Joanne Fluke, 01.07.12 ★★★★

20. Cars by Gary Numan ~ (a car on the cover)
On the Edge by Ilona Andrews, 02.28.12 ★★★★★

21. Turning Japanese by The Vapors ~ (characters of Asian heritage)
(Ginny Chao) Wicked by Any Other Name by Linda Wisdom, 01.21.12 ★★★

22. Somebody’s Watching Me by Rockwell (characters who watch over and protect mortals or others of their kind - witches)
Dime Store Magic by Kelley Armstrong, 01.31.12 ★★★★

23. Too Shy by Kajagoogoo ~ (a character who’s name you have trouble pronouncing)
(Xaro Xhoan Daxos) A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin, 02.17.12 ★★★★★

24. Always Something there to Remind Me by Naked Eyes (ANY historical romance)
The Second Duchess by Elizabeth Loupas, 02.07.12 ★★★★

Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Valley of Silence (Circle Trilogy, #3) by Nora Roberts Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1) by Larissa Ione One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost Embrace the Night Eternal (Envy Chronicles, #2) by Joss Ware Dance of the Gods (Circle Trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6) by Nalini Singh When Twilight Burns (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #4) by Colleen Gleason Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3) by Chloe Neill Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum, #18) by Janet Evanovich Of Masques and Martyrs (Shadow Saga #3) by Christopher Golden Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins The Honor of the Queen (Honor Harrington, #2) by David Weber White Lies (Arcane Society, #2) by Jayne Ann Krentz I am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) by Pittacus Lore Celebrity in Death (In Death, #34) by J.D. Robb Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4) by Nalini Singh Blueberry Muffin Murder (Hannah Swensen, #3) by Joanne Fluke On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews Wicked by Any Other Name (Jazz Tremaine, #3) by Linda Wisdom Dime Store Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #3) by Kelley Armstrong A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) by George R.R. Martin The Second Duchess by Elizabeth Loupas

message 115: by Christine (new)

Christine | 850 comments Joann wrote: "SOS One Hit Wonders of the ‘80s Challenge

24/24 Read

Challenge Complete 06.11.12"

Congratulations, Joann! And over six months to spare...

message 116: by Joann (new)

Joann | 355 comments Thanks, Christine!

message 117: by ~Melissa~ (last edited Jun 20, 2012 10:48AM) (new)

~Melissa~ | 544 comments I'm in ~ list to follow
6/1/12 ~ 5/31/13

message 118: by Christine (new)

Christine | 850 comments Welcome to the challenge, Melissa! I hope you have fun with it.

message 119: by Jade aka MrsTosh (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (MrsTosh) Update 18/24 :)

message 120: by Missyb (last edited Jul 04, 2012 06:40PM) (new)

Missyb | 70 comments Missyb wrote: "having graduated HS in 1990, it all made sense. Love this challenge.

I'll read All 24 by December 25, 2012."

DONE 7/2/2012.. Great challenge, harder then you think, especially if you normally read the whole series before moving on to something else.

1. Bear Meets Girl by Laurenston. predominately blue cover
2. Wicked Ways by . Main character is a vampire (Paul).
3. Eternity Embraced by Ione. characters finally admit they love each other. (Andrea & Kaden)
4. Ectasy Unveiled by Ione. Blindingly hot body on the cover.
5. Kiss The Dead by Hamilton. Diner scene (Anita & the new Marshall & the cop)
6. Passion Unleashed by Ione. post apocalyptic war theme
7. Darkest Fire (re-read) by Showalter. Fire in the title
8. The One & Only by D'Arc. orange cover.
9. Summons: the Goblin King by Husk. Cover showing hot body holding deadly weapon.
10. When He Was Bad by Laurenston. cover showing the moon
11. A Pride Christmas In Brooklyn by Laurenston. happy ending.
12.Beast Behaving Badly by Laurenston. dancing scene. (Halloween party that the Wild Dogs put on at the club)
13. A Hard Day's Night Searcher (Big Fat Supernatural Wedding) by Kenyon. cover is a combo of red, white, blue
14. Desire Unchained by Ione. sci fi
15. Oracle's Moon by Harrison. guy who's tough but sweet (Klalil)
16. DeadLocked by Harris. scene set in rain storm (when the queen comes to visit Sookie at her house & Bubba is already at her house)
17. The Goblin King by Husk. character who is wealthy (Roan)
18. Real Vampires Don't Diet by Bartlett. Woman in red on the cover
19. Pleasure Unbound by Ione. character named Mickey (Tayla's ferret who is in this book and a few other books in the series & really likes one of the brothers)
20. Sin Undone by Ione. character who works with cars (the warg council member owns a used car shop & the brothers & help capture him there)
21. The Mane Squeeze by Laurenston. Asian character (the one wild dog is Asian)
22. Natural Evil by Harrison. character who watches over or protects others of their kind (Luis)
23. Big Bad Beast by Laurenston. predominately pink cover
24. It's a Vampire Thing by Cassidy. really naked person on the cover.

message 121: by Orlene (new)

Orlene | 2 comments I'll complete all 24 by Christmas.

message 122: by Paris (new)

Paris (PAH13) | 1183 comments Updated post 44 with my completed list! Loved this challenge Christine! When do we get our next one? lol

message 123: by Christine (new)

Christine | 850 comments Orlene wrote: "I'll complete all 24 by Christmas."

Welcome to the challenge, Orlene!

message 124: by Christine (last edited Jul 03, 2012 09:39AM) (new)

Christine | 850 comments Status update:

Welcome to the new challengers and congratulations to the finishers!

Challenge completed – Congratulations!!
Barbara★……………………..24/24
Cathy …………………………..24/24
Fran…………………………….24/24
Joann……………………………24/24
Paris…………………………….24/24
Suzanne……………………….24/24
Wan ~DragonsWan~……24/24

Still working on it
Ashley ~ Mar 23 2012 – Mar 23 2013 ~ 19/24
Audrey ~ Jan 01 2012 – Dec 31 2012 ~ 23/24
Christine ~ Jan 02 2012 – Jan 01 2013 ~ 15/24
Dawn (Kat N Hat) ~ Jan 05 2012 – Jan 05 2013 ~10/24
Hasien ~ Mar 23 2012 – Mar 23 2013 ~ 14/24
Jade aka MrsTosh ~ Jan 01 2012 – Dec 31 2012 ~ 18/24
Jenne ~ Mar 29 2012 – Mar 29 2013 ~ 20/24
JenniferJ ~ Jan 06 2012 - Jan 05 2013 ~ 0/24
Jenny ~ Jan 06 2012 - Jan 06 2013 ~ 11/24
Judithe ~ Jan 06 2012 – Jan 05 2013 ~ 0/24
Kristen **NaNoWriMo winner!!** ~ Jan 05 2012 – Jan 04 2013 ~7/24
Lady Danielle “The Book Huntress” ~ Jan 05 2012 – Jan 06 2013 ~ 0/24
Lady Jaye ~ 05 Jan 2012 – 05 Jan 2013 ~ 12/24
Melissa ~ Jun 01 2012 – May 31 2013
Missyb ~ May 17 2012 – Dec 25 2012 ~ 23/24
Orlene ~ Jun 28 2012 – Dec 31 2012
Sallie(Shuga) ~ Jan 10 2012 – Jan 09 2013 ~ 11/24

(Let me know if I forgot to add you to the list or if I missed a status update. Thanks)

message 125: by Orlene (new)

Orlene | 2 comments Orlene wrote: "I'll complete all 24 by Christmas."

I've got 2 done so far.

message 126: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 70 comments Harder then I thought it would be, but finished July 2nd. Great idea.

message 127: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) | 473 comments Done!

Duration: 1/5/12 to 1/5/13
24/24 read

Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners ~ Secrets of a Summer Night, Lisa Kleypas 7/6/12

Tainted Love by Soft Cell ~Eat Prey Love, Kerrelyn Sparks 1/14/12

Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves ~ Clockwork Prince, Cassandra Clare 1/15/12

She Blinded Me With Science by Thomas Dolby ~ Zinnia, Jayne Castle 1/20/11

Take on Me by A-Ha ~ read 1 book with: a predominantly black and white cover Immortal Rider, Larissa Ione 2/29/12

99 Luft Balloons by Nena ~ Read 1 with: a post-apocalyptic or war themeDearly, Departed, Lia Habel 2/17/12

I Wanna Be a Cowboy by Boys Don’t Cry ~ Read 1 book with:an orange and red cover
The Guardian, Sherrilyn Kenyon 1/8/12

Iko Iko by The Belle Stars ~ Enna Burning Shannon Hale, 1/18/12

Pleasure and Pain by Divinyls ~ Seducing Sarah, Jinx Jamison 2/3/12

I Wear My Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart ~ Dark Lover, J.R. Ward 1/25/12

Don’t Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin ~ Breathing Room, Susan Elizabeth Phillips 1/9/12

The Safety Dance by Men Without Hats ~The Darkest Seduction, Gena Showalter 3/5/12

Kids in America by Kim Wilde ~ Intertwined, Gena Showalter 1/12/12

Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood ~ Lover Eternal, J.R. Ward 2/9/12

I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow ~ Read 1 book with: a guy who’s tough but sweet Eternal Rider, Larissa Ione 1/28/12

It’s Raining Men by Weather Girls ~ Read 1 book with: a character that can control or affect the weather Vampire Mine Kerreyln Sparks 2/3/12

Puttin’ on the Ritz by Taco ~ Diamond In The Rough, Patricia Wadell 1/29/12

Lady in Red by Chris DeBurgh ~ Read 1 book that features a woman in red on the coverThird Grave Dead Ahead, Darynda Jones 2/15/12

Mickey by Toni Basil ~ Hallowed, Cynthia Hand 3/2/12

Cars by Gary Numan ~ Read 1 with: a character that works with cars Blood Bound, Patricia Biggs 2/7/12

Turning Japanese by The Vapors ~ Destined for an Early Grave Jeaniene Frost, 2/1/12

Somebody’s Watching Me by Rockwell ~ Read 1 book with: a cover featuring a great pair of eyes
She's No Faerie Princess, Christine Warren, 1/7/12

Too Shy by Kajagoogoo ~ No Rest for the Wicked, Kresley Cole 3/7/12

Always Something there to Remind Me by Naked Eyes ~ And One Last Thing ..., Molly Harper 1/22/12Seducing Sarah

message 128: by Christine (new)

Christine | 850 comments Missyb wrote: "Harder then I thought it would be, but finished July 2nd. Great idea."

I totally missed that you finished the challenge when I did the last update! Good job!

message 129: by Christine (new)

Christine | 850 comments Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "Done!

Duration: 1/5/12 to 1/5/13
24/24 read"

Great job!

message 130: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 544 comments One Hit Wonders of the ‘80s Challenge

6/1/12 ~ 5/31/13

9/24 read

Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners ~ Read 1 book with: a predominantly blue cover Once Burned

Tainted Love by Soft Cell ~ Read 1 book with: a werewolf as the main character Branded by Fire 7/18/12 4/5♥

Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves ~ Read 1 book with: characters who finally admit they love one another Caught 6/28/12 3/5♥

She Blinded Me With Science by Thomas Dolby ~ Read 1 book with: with a blindingly hot bod on the cover Hostage to Pleasure 6/27/12 3/5♥

Take on Me by A-Ha ~ read 1 book with: a character that rides a motorcycle Riding Wild 7/22/12 4/5♥

99 Luft Balloons by Nena ~ Read 1 with: a post-apocalyptic or war theme -OR- a setting of Germany or a character of German heritage -OR- with a cover showing balloons (any color) or another child’s toy

I Wanna Be a Cowboy by Boys Don’t Cry ~ Read 1 book with: cowboys or horses -OR- a cover showing a cowboy hat or a sunset -OR- an orange and/or red cover

Iko Iko by The Belle Stars ~ Read 1 book with: the main character’s grandmother playing a role -OR- ‘FIRE’ in the title or series name -OR- fire pictured on the cover

Pleasure and Pain by Divinyls ~ Read 1 book with: BDSM -OR- a cover showing a hot body holding a deadly weapon The Dom's Dungeon 6/24/12 3/5♥

I Wear My Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart ~ Read 1 book with: a character that can’t go out in daylight -OR- a cover showing a moon -OR- a black cover Nightwalker 7/4/12 3/5♥

Don’t Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin ~ Read 1 book with: a happy ending -OR- that you find humorous

The Safety Dance by Men Without Hats ~ Read 1 book with: a character who is a dancer or a scene with dancing -OR- a character who acts like an imbecile -OR- a cover showing, you guessed it, a man without a hat

Kids in America by Kim Wilde ~ Read 1 book that is considered to be Young Adult -OR- with a cover that is predominately Red, White, or Blue or a combination of all three colors.

Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood ~ Read 1 book with: a character that needs to chill out -OR- any book in the sci-fi genre -OR- a cover showing an artificial source of light (flashlight, building lights, etc)

I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow ~ Read 1 book with: a guy who’s tough but sweet The Highlander's Touch

It’s Raining Men by Weather Girls ~ Read 1 book with: a character that can control or affect the weather -OR- a scene set during a rain storm -OR- a cover showing rain or lightning

Puttin’ on the Ritz by Taco ~ Read 1 book with: a character who is wealthy -OR- a well dressed person on the cover -OR- a character who loves Mexican food

Lady in Red by Chris DeBurgh ~ Read 1 book that is a romance Can't Stand The Heat 6/21/12 4/5♥

Mickey by Toni Basil ~ Read 1 book with: a character or author named Mickey, Mike, or Michael -OR- any Young Adult book

Cars by Gary Numan ~ Read 1 with: a character that works with cars (driver, car designer, salesman, mechanic, etc) -OR- a car on the cover

Turning Japanese by The Vapors ~ Read 1 book set in Asia -OR- with characters of Asian heritage (ex: Lily Yu in Eileen Wilks’ series) -OR- ANY book you really love

Somebody’s Watching Me by Rockwell ~ Read 1 book with: characters who watch over and protect mortals or others of their kind -OR- a shower scene -OR- a cover featuring a great pair of eyes

Too Shy by Kajagoogoo ~ Read 1 book with: a character who’s name (SEVERAL!!!) you have trouble pronouncing A Game of Thrones 6/19/12 5/5♥

Always Something there to Remind Me by Naked Eyes ~ Read 1 book with: a (nearly) naked person on the cover Sugar and Spice 6/24/12 3/5♥

Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6) by Nalini Singh Caught (Gemini Men, #1) by Jami Alden Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5) by Nalini Singh Riding Wild (Wild Riders, #1) by Jaci Burton The Dom's Dungeon by Cherise Sinclair Nightwalker (Dark Days, #1) by Jocelynn Drake A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin Sugar and Spice (What Women Like, #1) by Mari Carr Can't Stand The Heat (Recipe for Love #1) by Louisa Edwards

message 131: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 70 comments Christine wrote: "Missyb wrote: "Harder then I thought it would be, but finished July 2nd. Great idea."

I totally missed that you finished the challenge when I did the last update! Good job!"

No prob, it was a great challenge & brought back some great memories of HS (Graduated 1990). Some were harder then I thought to fulfill.

message 132: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 926 comments Updatw: 22/24 read!

message 133: by Ashley (last edited Aug 21, 2012 01:32PM) (new)

Ashley  (AshleyCW) | 128 comments DONE

24/24

1. Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners ~ My Soul to Steal 4/18
2. Tainted Love by Soft Cell ~ Be My Vampire Tonight 5/22
3. Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves ~ Haunted 5/3
4. She Blinded Me With Science by Thomas Dolby ~ A Way to a Dragon's Heart 6/12
5. Take on Me by A-Ha ~ Identity shift 8/21
6. 99 Luft Balloons by Nena ~ The Immortal Rules 4/10
7. I Wanna Be a Cowboy by Boys Don’t Cry ~ Shadowland 4/3
8. Iko Iko by The Belle Stars ~ Until I Die 5/2
9. Pleasure and Pain by Divinyls ~ Seducing Jane Porter 5/17
10. I Wear My Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart ~ Catch 5/10
11. Don’t Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin ~ Twilight 5/31
12. The Safety Dance by Men Without Hats ~ Bound 7/21
13. Kids in America by Kim Wilde ~ Ninth Key 4/11
14. Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood ~ Connected 4/4
15. I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow ~ Reaper 7/11
16. It’s Raining Men by Weather Girls ~ Last Breath 6/1
17. Puttin’ on the Ritz by Taco ~ This Side of the Grave 6/30
18. Lady in Red by Chris DeBurgh ~ Riding Red Hood 5/13
19. Mickey by Toni Basil ~Lord of Misrule 3/31
20. Cars by Gary Numan ~ Missing You 4/6
21. Turning Japanese by The Vapors ~ Silence 5/30
22. Somebody’s Watching Me by Rockwell ~ Wicked Werewolf Night 4/10
23. Too Shy by Kajagoogoo ~ Bait 4/14 (Rurik)
24. Always Something there to Remind Me by Naked Eyes ~ Out of Sight, Out of Time 5/7

Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5) by Rachel Caine Shadowland (The Mediator, #1) by Meg Cabot Connected (Twists of Fate, #1) by Jolyn Palliata Missing You (1-800-Where-R-You, #5) by Meg Cabot Wicked Werewolf Night (Werewolf Society, #1) by Lisa Renee Jones The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa Ninth Key (The Mediator, #2) by Meg Cabot Bait (Angler, #1) by Annie Nicholas Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5) by Ally Carter Haunted (The Mediator, #5) by Meg Cabot My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers, #4) by Rachel Vincent Catch (Angler #2) by Annie Nicholas Riding Red Hood by Adrianna White Until I Die (Revenants, #2) by Amy Plum Seducing Jane Porter (Jane Porter, #1) by Dominique Adair Be My Vampire Tonight (Darklander Lovers, #1) by Renee Field Silence (Hush, Hush, #3) by Becca Fitzpatrick Twilight (The Mediator, #6) by Meg Cabot Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11) by Rachel Caine A Way to a Dragon's Heart by Xakara This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost Reaper (Soul Screamers, #3.5) by Rachel Vincent Identity shift by Mel Teshco

message 134: by Christine (new)

Christine | 850 comments Jenne wrote: "Updatw: 22/24 read!"

Almost there!

message 135: by Christine (new)

Christine | 850 comments Ashley wrote: "DONE

24/24"

Congratulations, Ashley!!

message 136: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  (AshleyCW) | 128 comments Thanks. That was a fun challenge.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) Danielle's One Hit Wonders of the 80s Challenge.
Duration: 1/6/12-1/6/13
Update: 9/15/12
Completed: 24/24 DONE!!!

Here are the details:

Duration: One year from sign-up date.
No. of Books: 1-24, you decide!
Rules: You may choose as many (or as few) categories as you like, but only folks who read all 24 will have a totally tubular time and get to wear the keyboard tie! The books may be from any genre, unless specified otherwise in a category. Re-reads are allowed as are books used for other challenges. You can post your list up front or as you go and you can make changes as you go.

You can start this challenge whenever you like. Once you decide to start you have one year to complete it. Please post your challenge dates when you sign-up and with each update.

This is my first challenge creation, so if anything is unclear, let me know.

Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners ~ Read 1 book with: a character or author named Johnny, Ray, or Eileen (or a variation of the name) -OR- a book set in England –OR- a predominantly blue cover: Marley the Other Christmas Carol by Donald Allen Kirch (set in England) 1/7

Tainted Love by Soft Cell ~ Read 1 book with: a vampire or werewolf as the main character -OR- the word ‘love’ or ‘heart’ in the title -OR- a heart depicted on the cover: The Girl that Love Forgot by Jennie Lucas 8/12

Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves ~ Read 1 book with: characters who finally admit they love one another -OR- the sun or waves on the cover -OR- a predominantly yellow cover: Knight's Possession by Carole Mortimer 8/17

She Blinded Me With Science by Thomas Dolby ~ Read 1 book with: a character who is a scientist (main character or supporting character) -OR- with a blindingly hot bod on the cover: Shadow Game by Christine Feehan 5/7

Take on Me by A-Ha ~ read 1 book with: a character that rides a motorcycle -OR- a scene that takes place in a diner -OR- a predominantly black and white cover: Elves in the Meadow, Trolls in the Corn by Kay Grayson 1/16

99 Luft Balloons by Nena ~ Read 1 with: a post-apocalyptic or war theme -OR- a setting of Germany or a character of German heritage -OR- with a cover showing balloons (any color) or another child’s toy-- Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card 2/7

I Wanna Be a Cowboy by Boys Don’t Cry ~ Read 1 book with: cowboys or horses -OR- a cover showing a cowboy hat or a sunset -OR- an orange and/or red cover--The Unlikely Wife by Debra Ullrick 2/16

Iko Iko by The Belle Stars ~ Read 1 book with: the main character’s grandmother playing a role -OR- ‘FIRE’ in the title or series name -OR- fire pictured on the cover-- Fire Baptized by Kenya Wright: Dominion by Scott M. Baker 6/22

Pleasure and Pain by Divinyls ~ Read 1 book with: BDSM -OR- a cover showing a hot body holding a deadly weapon--The Legend of Michael by Lisa Renee Jones: Sleep No More by Iris Johansen 8/30

I Wear My Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart ~ Read 1 book with: a character that can’t go out in daylight -OR- a cover showing a moon -OR- a black cover: The Cleaner by Brett Battles 7/23

Don’t Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin ~ Read 1 book with: a happy ending -OR- that you find humorous: Playing With Fire by Gena Showalter 8/14

The Safety Dance by Men Without Hats ~ Read 1 book with: a character who is a dancer or a scene with dancing -OR- a character who acts like an imbecile -OR- a cover showing, you guessed it, a man without a hat: Ruthless Game by Christine Feehan 8/03

Kids in America by Kim Wilde ~ Read 1 book that is considered to be Young Adult -OR- with a cover that is predominately Red, White, or Blue or a combination of all three colors.: The Elementals by Francesca Lia Block 8/28

Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood ~ Read 1 book with: a character that needs to chill out -OR- any book in the sci-fi genre -OR- a cover showing an artificial source of light (flashlight, building lights, etc): A Breathless Bride by Fiona Bride 8/18

I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow ~ Read 1 book with: a guy who’s tough but sweet -OR- a cover featuring some serious eye candy -OR- a cover showing actual candy: Charming Champion by Dolores Goodrick Beggs 9/7

It’s Raining Men by Weather Girls ~ Read 1 book with: a character that can control or affect the weather -OR- a scene set during a rain storm -OR- a cover showing rain or lightning: Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep 7/4

Puttin’ on the Ritz by Taco ~ Read 1 book with: a character who is wealthy -OR- a well dressed person on the cover -OR- a character who loves Mexican food: Lothaire by Kresley Cole 8/21

Lady in Red by Chris DeBurgh ~ Read 1 book that is a romance -OR- that features a woman in red on the cover--The King's Agent by Donna Russo Morin 1/31

Mickey by Toni Basil ~ Read 1 book with: a character or author named Mickey, Mike, or Michael -OR- any Young Adult book: Zero Sum by B. Justin Shier 1/9

Cars by Gary Numan ~ Read 1 with: a character that works with cars (driver, car designer, salesman, mechanic, etc) -OR- a car on the cover: Circle of Enemies by Harry Connolly 8/29

Turning Japanese by The Vapors ~ Read 1 book set in Asia -OR- with characters of Asian heritage (ex: Lily Yu in Eileen Wilks’ series) -OR- ANY book you really love: Samurai Game by Christine Feehan 8/26

Somebody’s Watching Me by Rockwell ~ Read 1 book with: characters who watch over and protect mortals or others of their kind -OR- a shower scene -OR- a cover featuring a great pair of eyes: Lamplighter by DM Cornish 7/31

Too Shy by Kajagoogoo ~ Read 1 book with: a character who’s name you have trouble pronouncing -OR- a cover that is predominantly pink: Terminal World by Alastair Reynolds 8/22

Always Something there to Remind Me by Naked Eyes ~ Read 1 book with: a character having trouble with their memory -OR- a (nearly) naked person on the cover -OR- ANY historical romance: The Rook by Daniel O'Malley 8/24

message 138: by Christine (new)

Christine | 850 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Danielle's One Hit Wonders of the 80s Challenge.
Duration: 1/6/12-1/6/13
Update: 9/15/12
Completed: 24/24 DONE!!!."

Great job! Congratulations!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) Thanks, Christine! Fun challenge.

message 140: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 5510 comments Thank you, Christine! Enjoyed it a lot!

SOS: One Hit Wonders of the 80s

24/24 Done 9/12/12
Duration: January 6, 2012~January 5, 2013

1. Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners ~ Blacklisted by Gena Showalter 5/13/12

2. Tainted Love by Soft Cell ~ Love in the Time of Dragons by Katie MacAlister 3/7/12

3. Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves ~ Howl's Moving Castle 3/13/12

4. She Blinded Me With Science by Thomas Dolby ~ (hot bod) Seduce Me in Dreams by Jacquelyn Frank 5/24/12

5. Take on Me by A-Ha ~ Blood Song by Cat Adams 5/25/12

6. 99 Luft Balloons by Nena ~ Wither by Lauren DeStefano 9/12/12

7. I Wanna Be a Cowboy by Boys Don’t Cry ~ Red Handed by Gena Showalter 1/14/12

8. Iko Iko by The Belle Stars ~ Hotter Than Hell by Kim Harrison, et al 6/27/12

9. Pleasure and Pain by Divinyls ~ Venom by Jennifer Estep 1/14/12

10. I Wear My Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart ~ Retribution by Sherrilyn Kenyon 4/12/12

11. Don’t Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin ~ Me and My Shadow by Katie MacAlister 1/8/12 (Humorous)

12. The Safety Dance by Men Without Hats ~ Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison 1/30/12

13. Kids in America by Kim Wilde ~ Outside In by Maria V. Snyder 3/29/12

14. Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood ~ Endgame by Ann Aguirre 9/2/12

15. I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow ~ The Darkest Whisper 2/6/12

16. It’s Raining Men by Weather Girls ~ Spirit Bound by Christine Feehan 1/17/12

17. Puttin’ on the Ritz by Taco ~Naked in Death by J.D. Robb 1/10/12 (Rich)

18. Lady in Red by Chris DeBurgh ~ Lead Me On by Victoria Dahl 5/13/12

19. Mickey by Toni Basil ~ Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon 4/14/12

20. Cars by Gary Numan ~ Start Me Up by Victoria Dahl 4/27/12

21. Turning Japanese by The Vapors ~ Sacrificial Magic by Stacia Kane 4/2/12

22. Somebody’s Watching Me by Rockwell ~ Envy by J.R. Ward 6/23/12

23. Too Shy by Kajagoogoo ~ Queen of the Darkness by Anne Bishop 4/20/12

24. Always Something there to Remind Me by Naked Eyes ~ Heir to the Shadows by Anne Bishop 4/19/12

Me and My Shadow (Silver Dragons, #3) by Katie MacAlister Naked in Death (In Death, #1) by J.D. Robb Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3) by Jennifer Estep Red Handed (Young Adult Alien Huntress, #1) by Gena Showalter Spirit Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #2) by Christine Feehan Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4) by Gena Showalter Love in the Time of Dragons (Light Dragons, #1) by Katie MacAlister Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1) by Diana Wynne Jones Outside In (Insider, #2) by Maria V. Snyder Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4) by Stacia Kane Retribution (Dark-Hunter, #16; Were-Hunter, #8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Queen of the Darkness (The Black Jewels, #3) by Anne Bishop Heir to the Shadows (The Black Jewels, #2) by Anne Bishop Start Me Up (Tumble Creek, #2) by Victoria Dahl Blacklisted (Young Adult Alien Huntress, #2) by Gena Showalter Lead Me On (Tumble Creek, #3) by Victoria Dahl Seduce Me in Dreams (A Three Worlds Novel, #1) by Jacquelyn Frank Blood Song (Blood Singer, #1) by Cat Adams Envy (The Fallen Angels, #3) by J.R. Ward Hotter Than Hell (The Hollows, #4.5; Kitty Norville) by Kim Harrison Endgame (Sirantha Jax, #6) by Ann Aguirre Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano

message 141: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 926 comments Finally Finished!! My Post

message 142: by Christine (new)

Christine | 850 comments Judithe wrote: "Thank you, Christine! Enjoyed it a lot!

SOS: One Hit Wonders of the 80s

24/24 Done 9/12/12
Duration: January 6, 2012~January 5, 2013"

Great job, Judithe! I'm glad you had fun.

message 143: by Christine (new)

Christine | 850 comments Jenne wrote: "Finally Finished!! My Post"

Congratulations, Jenne!

message 144: by Wan (last edited Dec 22, 2012 06:30PM) (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 612 comments Round # 2 All done!
Duration: 6/1/2012 - 1/4/2013
24/24

1.Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners: blue cover - Highborn by Yvonne Navarro 7/10/2012 (DNF)
2.Tainted Love by Soft Cell: a vampire - Skinwalker by Faith Hunter 9/26/2012 (4)
3.Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves : yellow cover - Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran 11/27/2012 (5)
4.She Blinded Me With Science by Thomas Dolby: a blindingly hot bod on the cover - Reluctant Viking, The by Sandra Hill 10/29/2012 (3) [ 5.Take on Me by A-Ha: a motorcycle riding - Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley 7/27/2012 (4.5)
6.99 Luft Balloons by Nena: a setting of Germany/a character of German heritage - Ashes of Midnight by Lara Adrian 6/28/2012 (4)
7.I Wanna Be a Cowboy by Boys Don’t Cry: red cover - Seduction of a Highland Lass by Maya Banks 8/2/2012 (4.5)
8.Iko Iko by The Belle Stars: FIRE’ in the title - Face the Fire by Nora Roberts 10/5/2012 (4)
9.Pleasure and Pain by Divinyls: BDSM - Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James 6/3/2012 (4)
10.I Wear My Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart: can’t go out in daylight - Second Grave on the Left by Darynda Jones 9/28/2012 (4)
11.Don’t Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin: humorous - First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones 6/8/2012 (4)
12.The Safety Dance by Men Without Hats: an imbecile character - Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane 10/24/2012 (4)
13.Kids in America by Kim Wilde: White cover - Cut & Run by Madeleine Urban /Abigail Roux 6/8/2012 (4)
14.Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood: sci-fi - Guardian by Angela Knight 11/4/2012 (4.5)
15.I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow: tough but sweet guy - Jane's Warlord by Angela Knight 9-Oct-12 (4)
16.It’s Raining Men by Weather Girls: a character controls weather - Quicksilver by Stephanie Spinner 12/21/2012 (3)
17.Puttin’ on the Ritz by Taco: wealthy/well dressed person - Alien in the Family by Gini Koch 7/14/2012 (4)
18.Lady in Red by Chris DeBurgh: romance - Yours Until Dawn by Teresa Medeiros 12/18/2012 (4)
19.Mickey by Toni Basil: Young Adult - Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz 6/23/2012 (3)
20.Cars by Gary Numan: a car salesman - Prince of Wolves by Quinn Loftis 12/16/2012 (3)
21.Turning Japanese by The Vapors: characters of Asian heritage - Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews 6/16/2012 (4)
22.Somebody’s Watching Me by Rockwell : characters who watch over and protect mortals - Wicked Nights by Gena Showalter 9/11/2012 (5)
23.Too Shy by Kajagoogoo: difficult to pronounce name - Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost 7/19/2012 (4)
24.Always Something there to Remind Me by Naked Eyes: a (nearly) naked person/historical - Never Love a Highlander by Maya Banks 8/31/2012 (4)
[bookcover:Highborn|7694627] Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran The Reluctant Viking (Viking I, #1) by Sandra Hill Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1) by Kristen Ashley Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6) by Lara Adrian Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy, #2) by Maya Banks Face the Fire (Three Sisters Island, #3) by Nora Roberts Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3) by E.L. James Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2) by Darynda Jones First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane Cut & Run (Cut & Run #1) by Abigail Roux Guardian by Angela Knight Jane's Warlord (Warlord, #1) by Angela Knight Quicksilver by Stephanie Spinner Alien in the Family (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #3) by Gini Koch Yours Until Dawn by Teresa Medeiros Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona Andrews Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark, #1) by Gena Showalter Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Never Love a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #3) by Maya Banks

message 145: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 544 comments One Hit Wonders of the ‘80s Challenge

6/1/12 ~ 5/31/13
Done!!☺

19/19 read

Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners ~ Read 1 book with: a predominantly blue cover Once Burned 8/26/12 5♥

Tainted Love by Soft Cell ~ Read 1 book with: a werewolf as the main character Branded by Fire 7/18/12 4/5♥

Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves ~ Read 1 book with: characters who finally admit they love one another Caught 6/28/12 3/5♥

She Blinded Me With Science by Thomas Dolby ~ Read 1 book with: with a blindingly hot bod on the cover Hostage to Pleasure 6/27/12 3/5♥

Take on Me by A-Ha ~ read 1 book with: a character that rides a motorcycle Riding Wild 7/22/12 4/5♥

99 Luft Balloons by Nena ~ Read 1 with: or war theme -A Clash of Kings 8/3/12 3/5♥

Iko Iko by The Belle Stars ~ Read 1 book with: fire pictured on the cover Blaze of Memory 8/3/12 4/5♥

Pleasure and Pain by Divinyls ~ Read 1 book with: BDSM -OR- a cover showing a hot body holding a deadly weapon The Dom's Dungeon 6/24/12 3/5♥

I Wear My Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart ~ Read 1 book with: a character that can’t go out in daylight -OR- a cover showing a moon -OR- a black cover Nightwalker 7/4/12 3/5♥

Don’t Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin ~ Read 1 book with: a happy ending Head Over Heels 6/8/12 4/5♥

Kids in America by Kim Wilde ~ Read 1 book with a cover that is predominately Red, White, OR Blue Riding Temptation 8/16/12 4/5♥

Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood ~ Read 1 book with: any book in the sci-fi genre A Storm of Swords 8/22/12 5/5♥

I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow ~ Read 1 book with: a guy who’s tough but sweet The Highlander's Touch 7/25/12 4♥

Lady in Red by Chris DeBurgh ~ Read 1 book that is a romance Can't Stand The Heat 6/21/12 4/5♥

Mickey by Toni Basil ~ any Young Adult book Daughter of Smoke & Bone 11/13/12 5♥

Cars by Gary Numan ~ Read 1 with: a character that works with cars Blood Bound 8/30/12 4♥

Somebody’s Watching Me by Rockwell ~ Read 1 book with: characters who watch over and protect mortals or others of their kind Wicked Nights 8/7/12 5/5♥

Too Shy by Kajagoogoo ~ Read 1 book with: a character who’s name (SEVERAL!!!) you have trouble pronouncing A Game of Thrones 6/19/12 5/5♥

Always Something there to Remind Me by Naked Eyes ~ Read 1 book with: a (nearly) naked person on the cover Sugar and Spice 6/24/12 3/5♥

Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6) by Nalini Singh Caught (Gemini Men, #1) by Jami Alden Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5) by Nalini Singh Riding Wild (Wild Riders, #1) by Jaci Burton The Dom's Dungeon by Cherise Sinclair Nightwalker (Dark Days, #1) by Jocelynn Drake A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin Sugar and Spice (What Women Like, #1) by Mari Carr Can't Stand The Heat (Recipe for Love #1) by Louisa Edwards Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) by Jill Shalvis Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling, #7) by Nalini Singh A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) by George R.R. Martin Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark, #1) by Gena Showalter A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) by George R.R. Martin Riding Temptation (Wild Riders, #2) by Jaci Burton Blood Bound (Mercedes Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost The Highlander's Touch (Highlander, #3) by Karen Marie Moning

message 146: by Christine (new)

Christine | 850 comments Wan ~DragonsWan~ wrote: "Round # 2 All done!
Duration: 6/1/2012 - 1/4/2013
24/24."

Congratulations!

message 147: by Christine (new)

Christine | 850 comments ~Melissa~ wrote: "One Hit Wonders of the ‘80s Challenge

6/1/12 ~ 5/31/13
Done!!☺

19/19 read"

Great job!

message 148: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 544 comments Christine wrote: "~Melissa~ wrote: "One Hit Wonders of the ‘80s Challenge

6/1/12 ~ 5/31/13
Done!!☺

19/19 read"

Great job!"

Thanks!

1 3 next »

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bitten (other topics)
Heartless (other topics)
Blood Cross (other topics)
Grimspace (other topics)